• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

joesuffP

All Purpose Grand Rapids Griffins Thread

Rate this topic

There could be a Foote-caliber defenseman still available at the Vegas pick. Only way I'd give up AA is if he's going to be a problem signing again. 

Maybe the best thing for both teams would be to take Callahan of their hands. The Vegas pick or one of the 2nds for Foote and Callahan.

I don't get where the excessive love for AA comes from. Do people just think we'd be selling low? He's our best piece to trade for a defencemen. 

I think Dabura was bang on when he compared his value to Kapanens. Middle 6 versatile winger with speed.

52 minutes ago, RightWeiner said:

I don't get where the excessive love for AA comes from. Do people just think we'd be selling low? He's our best piece to trade for a defencemen. 

I think Dabura was bang on when he compared his value to Kapanens. Middle 6 versatile winger with speed.

Excessive love for AA? Who? Where? Most Wings fans see him as a good middle six winger, and one of our better trade chips. Just because he isn't a bonified top six winger, doesn't mean we're going to want to give him away. He still has value. I wouldn't consider a player being thrown into every trade scenario "excessive love"...

1 hour ago, Buppy said:

There could be a Foote-caliber defenseman still available at the Vegas pick. Only way I'd give up AA is if he's going to be a problem signing again. 

Maybe the best thing for both teams would be to take Callahan of their hands. The Vegas pick or one of the 2nds for Foote and Callahan.

Two more seasons at $5.8M? I'd do that for sure if it meant getting a top level prospect. As long as we have enough cap space to re-sign our RFA's, and I don't see that being an issue. These are the types of trades we should be looking to make over the next couple years. Do you really think that would be enough to get a prospect like Foote though? 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Excessive love for AA? Who? Where? Most Wings fans see him as a good middle six winger, and one of our better trade chips. Just because he isn't a bonified top six winger, doesn't mean we're going to want to give him away. He still has value. I wouldn't consider a player being thrown into every trade scenario "excessive love"...

Two more seasons at $5.8M? I'd do that for sure if it meant getting a top level prospect. As long as we have enough cap space to re-sign our RFA's, and I don't see that being an issue. These are the types of trades we should be looking to make over the next couple years. Do you really think that would be enough to get a prospect like Foote though? 

That's fair, I was being a little outlandish.  I think AA's end of season interview really rubbed me the wrong way.  Sounded like a 16yr old spoiled brat who didn't get what he wanted and just shrugged his shoulders.

Sometimes the Lefty side comes out of me :scared:

4 hours ago, RightWeiner said:

For some reason there are some here who think that trading AA for anyone or for any reason is the opposite of a rebuild and even mentioning it means you live in 2008. He's a sort of a new Jurco in the sense that people see a few highlights and think he's the next Fedorov. He is not. He's a middle 6 winger with speed who seems unwilling or unable to develop into a 2 way player. Obviously trading him in a package for a young defenseman would be a good move as long as we don't sell short. I think that Vegas' pick and AA would fetch a good return and should be considered.

1 hour ago, amato said:

How do they look? 

Trash. Lost 5-1. I didn't expect them to go far without Bertuzzi, Turgeon and Lorito, and after losing Tangradi to suspension, the loss was inevitable. I was just hoping they'd make it a little further to see what Rasmussen could do in the AHL for a few games.

36 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Sucks that the Griffins and Ramussen's Americans were both eliminated tonight.  The only guy still playing hockey right now is Sambrook.

... and Kaden Fulcher. Sambrook vs Fulcher in the OHL Finals.

8 minutes ago, amato said:

Damn, i was really hoping to see Ras get a couple AHL games too. Or at the very least a couple weeks of AHL practice. Ah well, more time to bulk up this summer I guess. 

If he were with the team, he'd definitely be playing. Their offense was depleted and he'd likely instantly be one of their better (maybe best) players.

8 hours ago, amato said:

Damn, i was really hoping to see Ras get a couple AHL games too. Or at the very least a couple weeks of AHL practice. Ah well, more time to bulk up this summer I guess. 

8 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

If he were with the team, he'd definitely be playing. Their offense was depleted and he'd likely instantly be one of their better (maybe best) players.

Kenny said, per Todd Nelson, the Griffins plan was to have Rasmussen play 2C once Tri-Cities was eliminated. Sucks he didn't get that chance/experience. A good performance probably would have helped his chances at making the Wings in the fall. 

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Kenny said, per Todd Nelson, the Griffins plan was to have Rasmussen play 2C once Tri-Cities was eliminated. Sucks he didn't get that chance/experience. A good performance probably would have helped his chances at making the Wings in the fall. 

Ahh good look. Yeah that would’ve helped for sure.. i still like his chances though. Can’t wait for camp/preseason. 

On 4/30/2018 at 8:25 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ha ha ha.  You know what happens when u make a guy chase pucks behind our goal line the whole game?  They play behind our goal line the whole game.  Athanasiou at the blue line means the other team's defenseman can't pinch.  That's called stretching the defense, which is important.  200 ft players are great, but you don't need all 12 of your forwards to go behind the goal line every trip down.  The reality is that our defensemen need to get better in recovery and transition.  

giphy.gif

Griffins Lose 9 Players This Offseason

A look at the newcomers

Gone
Street, F
Tangradi, F
Lorito, F
Elkins, F
Nastasiuk, F
Russo, D
Renouf, D
Coreau, G
McCollum, G
Machovsky, G

Additions
Terry, F
Megan, F
Pope, F
Smith, F
Cholowski, D
Sulak, D
Chelios, D
Sateri, G
Rybar, G

I added Machovsky, Pope, Rybar, and Sulak to the lists. Anyone else I'm forgetting who's coming on?

EDIT: Smith and Cholowski added

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Griffins Lose 9 Players This Offseason

A look at the newcomers

Gone
Street
Tangradi
Lorito
Elkins
Nastasiuk
Russo
Renouf
Coreau
McCollum
Machovsky

Additions
Terry
Megan
Pope
Sulak
Chelios
Sateri
Rybar

I added Machovsky, Pope, Rybar, and Sulak to the lists. Anyone else I'm forgetting who's coming on?

Zadina... IF he doesn't make it to the Red Wings roster

Edited by NerveDamage