• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

joesuffP

All Purpose Grand Rapids Griffins Thread

Rate this topic

On 10/5/2021 at 8:34 AM, BarkBurgerman said:

Albin Grewe Cut From His Finland Team

Contract terminated after 4 games in the Liiga with no explanation.

Had 39 games in the SHL and 11 games in the AHL the year prior. Doesn't score much, but seems to be a bottom line s*** disturber like Cedric Paquette. Gotta think something happened in his personal life or in the lockerroom for them to give up on his contract so abruptly.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021/10/minor-transactions-10-06-21.html

Sounds like he misses mommy.  Seriously.

Griffins need to be beefed up next year. They weren't very good this year and are probably not getting Berggren or Edvinsson or Veleno for much of next year.

Under contract for next year:

Hanas - Pearson - ______
_____ - Criscuolo - _____

McIsaac - Newpower
Johansson - Barton
Sebrango - ______

Viro had a poor season in the Liiga and I don't see him coming over yet. Mastrosimone Gylander, and Phillips should all finish college and aren't ready IMO.

Get Soderblom signed and over here preparing his NA game.

I wouldn't welcome back any of the departing old guys, besides maybe Barber, Hirose, Lashoff, and Pickard.

The additions of Soderblom and Johansson will certainly help, but SY and Horcoff gotta sign some bigger NHL scoring names to help these kids.

Ditch Elson, Murphy, and Renouf. Sign TJ Tynan, Martin Frk, and Jordan Gross. Re-sign Barber, Hirose, Lashoff, Pickard.

Hirose - Tynan - Soderblom
Hanas - Barber - Frk
_____ - Pearson - _______

McIsaac - Gross
Johansson - Newpower
Sebrango - Barton

Pickard
Whatever

9 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Griffins need to be beefed up next year. They weren't very good this year and are probably not getting Berggren or Edvinsson or Veleno for much of next year.

Under contract for next year:

Hanas - Pearson - ______
_____ - Criscuolo - _____

McIsaac - Newpower
Johansson - Barton
Sebrango - ______

Viro had a poor season in the Liiga and I don't see him coming over yet. Mastrosimone Gylander, and Phillips should all finish college and aren't ready IMO.

Get Soderblom signed and over here preparing his NA game.

I wouldn't welcome back any of the departing old guys, besides maybe Barber, Hirose, Lashoff, and Pickard.

The additions of Soderblom and Johansson will certainly help, but SY and Horcoff gotta sign some bigger NHL scoring names to help these kids.

Ditch Elson, Murphy, and Renouf. Sign TJ Tynan, Martin Frk, and Jordan Gross. Re-sign Barber, Hirose, Lashoff, Pickard.

Hirose - Tynan - Soderblom
Hanas - Barber - Frk
_____ - Pearson - _______

McIsaac - Gross
Johansson - Newpower
Sebrango - Barton

Pickard
Whatever

Where's Toots?

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Niederbach, Soderblom, Johansson, and Wallinder need to be added to the Griffins.  

We have a nice LHD depth chart, so I hope Stevie nabs a few RHD projects this draft.

Wallinder is still only 19. And a defenseman. He will most likely spend next season in the SHL.

Soderblom should be over next year. He will most likely be in GR. Same with Johansson.

Neiderbach is still only 20. I think he spends another year in Sweden too. With plenty of young, middle and bottom 6 forwards already on the roster, or ahead of him on the prospect depth chart, there is no reason to rush him.

11 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Wallinder is still only 19. And a defenseman. He will most likely spend next season in the SHL.

Soderblom should be over next year. He will most likely be in GR. Same with Johansson.

Neiderbach is still only 20. I think he spends another year in Sweden too. With plenty of young, middle and bottom 6 forwards already on the roster, or ahead of him on the prospect depth chart, there is no reason to rush him.

having them all play together helps our organization as a whole.  I would bring them all over to GR and start having them gel sooner rather than later.

Possibility that Edvinsson starts the season in GR. I forget that Seider came over and did a whole season in GR before going back to Europe. Eddog hasn't had that NA experience yet... and I also don't think he's AS GOOD as Seider is. But he will be great at some point.

4 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Possibility that Edvinsson starts the season in GR. I forget that Seider came over and did a whole season in GR before going back to Europe. Eddog hasn't had that NA experience yet... and I also don't think he's AS GOOD as Seider is. But he will be great at some point.

We DO have a lot of LHD, as well.

Walman

Juolevi

Osterle

Staal

Dekeyser

McIsaac

Sebrango

Pretty sure the brass will make Edvinsson earn it.

26 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Walman

Juolevi

Osterle

Staal

Dekeyser

McIsaac

Sebrango

Not many on that list are here for next year. Hopefully.

Edit: By "here" I mean on the Red Wings roster

Edited by Akakabuto

7 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Not many on that list are here for next year. Hopefully.

Edit: By "here" I mean on the Red Wings roster

Walman, Juolevi, Osterle, and McIsaac.

I think we will see those guys up.  If Edvinsson doesnt make the squad next season, it will be a clear upcoming tank indicator.  I really dont want to watch us suck again next season.

48 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Walman

Juolevi

Osterle

Staal

Dekeyser

McIsaac

Sebrango

Pretty sure the brass will make Edvinsson earn it.

Forgot about Walman. Will be re-signed and on the roster next season.

Oesterle has one year left in his deal, so he will be back.

DeKeyser is an UFA and will not be back.

Staal may be re-signed to add some veteran depth.

Juolevi will most likely be put on waivers unless Edvinsson does not make the roster.

McIsaac and Sebrango have at least one year of waiver exemption left. They will be in GR next season.

16 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Walman, Juolevi, Osterle, and McIsaac.

I think we will see those guys up.  If Edvinsson doesnt make the squad next season, it will be a clear upcoming tank indicator.  I really dont want to watch us suck again next season.

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Forgot about Walman. Will be re-signed and on the roster next season.

Oesterle has one year left in his deal, so he will be back.

DeKeyser is an UFA and will not be back.

Staal may be re-signed to add some veteran depth.

Juolevi will most likely be put on waivers unless Edvinsson does not make the roster.

McIsaac and Sebrango have at least one year of waiver exemption left. They will be in GR next season.

Yeah. Walman and Oesterle are 6 and 7D. DK gone. Juolevi gone. Staal maybe back but that means Stevie failed to upgrade. The kids stay in GRG.

For the love of god do not bring Staal back. I know he has a nice personality and all but there's a reason no teams tried to acquire him at the TDL. He's soooo slow and can barely handle 14 minutes of regular ice time a night. Just say NO Stephen.

16 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

For the love of god do not bring Staal back. I know he has a nice personality and all but there's a reason no teams tried to acquire him at the TDL. He's soooo slow and can barely handle 14 minutes of regular ice time a night. Just say NO Stephen.

He did have a NMC so who knows.

4 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Griffins legend Brian Lashoff has retired. 

This mafuqqer literally played with Chris Chelios and Simon Edvinsson in his career lol

We putting #18 in the rafters in GR right?

100%