• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

joesuffP

All Purpose Grand Rapids Griffins Thread

Rate this topic

3 dangerous lines? We are in the bottom 3rd in scoring.

We rank 15th, bottom third would be 21-30.

Our issue is scoring on the road. We rank #6 in goals at home, and 26th in goals on the road.

Took a while to get going. I doubt we're in the bottom third for the past 15 games.

Anyway, don't get your hopes up for AA or Mantha except if there's injuries.

Good point. I'm sure if there was a stat out their of goals in the past 6 weeks we would be higher.

What a f***ing game. Down 3-0, 3-1 with only a couple minutes left in the 3rd, 2 quick goals, tied it with less than a minute left. Ended up winning it in OT.

And mantha added 2 assists ... Now if he could really get that goal scoring back on track and start racking up some 2 goal games all will be good

Nice to see frk score again with another assist, be nice if he came back alive in the wings prospect pool

Took a while to get going. I doubt we're in the bottom third for the past 15 games.

Anyway, don't get your hopes up for AA or Mantha except if there's injuries.

I think we are #1 overall in scoring since the point streak began. Thought I read we were averaging 3.5GPG.

At the beginning of the season we were missing Datsyuk, Green and Richards all while trying to learn a new system. We will be fine.

Edited by DatsyukianDekes

Jurco should get another conditioning stint with the Griffins. Talent is there but it isn't translating to what's expected of him. If I was Ken Holland I'd trade him for a 7th rounder pick and a McFish meal if someone asked.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cleary getting another try with the Wings. Come on old boy, show us you can still dance.

I wish more people were built mentally like Helm, Abby and... A long time ago, Cleary. If things aren't going well offensively they go out and create energy by making a hit

Maybe the organization feels Jurco's offensive game doesn't exactly translate to top six NHL producer so their making him learn the defensive bottom six role? He just doesn't move his feet out there it's crazy how passive he is for somebody in his situation

Edited by joesuffP

I wish more people were built mentally like Helm, Abby and... A long time ago, Cleary. If things aren't going well offensively they go out and create energy by making a hit

Maybe the organization feels Jurco's offensive game doesn't exactly translate to top six NHL producer so their making him learn the defensive bottom six role? He just doesn't move his feet out there it's crazy how passive he is for somebody in his situation

He will find his stride.

We just don't have much room in the top 6 for wingers. With Larkin, Tatar, Nyquist, and Abdelkader on the team for the foreseeable future, there's the 6 wingers. They're all more deserving of the spot at this point. If Larkin's moved to center (which he most definitely will be once he learns how to take a faceoff) then Z accounts for the other spot. He's going to spend some time in the bottom 6. Pulkkinen will be in the mix as well and, of course Richards is there for this year.

I'm a huge supporter of jurco, but who do you want to bump out of the top 9 to put him in a scoring role? Do you want Richards on the 4th line? Helm's been playing great recently. I'm fine with Knocking Helm down, but that's what Blash has done for those half of 3 games and Jurco didn't run away with it.

Even with that competition he has spent half of 3 games on Datsyuk's wing. I think this about as good an opportunity that will be open this year with Pulkkinen out and Helm and Richards not exactly piling up points. That breakaway/penalty shot was a missed opportunity to get back on track. The play that he made to recognize the space and get free is encouraging, though.

To stay on topic, good for GR and good that Mantha's been playing a part. I was getting down thinking that he wouldn't find his stride.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Very nice and excellent turnover from the beginning of the season.

I'm guessing Mantha will be brought up soon, just to get a feeler in regards to time & space at the next level.

I'd like to see Frenchie XO up again, want him getting acclimatized to NHL speed. I think he's ready and could fill in as the 6th d-man. Can even see him top 4 in the future.

Very nice and excellent turnover from the beginning of the season.

I'm guessing Mantha will be brought up soon, just to get a feeler in regards to time & space at the next level.

I'd like to see Frenchie XO up again, want him getting acclimatized to NHL speed. I think he's ready and could fill in as the 6th d-man. Can even see him top 4 in the future.

Miller?

It looks like the Wings are going to call up a player prior to Sunday's game against Calgary... Athanasiou is still out and may or may not be ready to go for the Griffins games this weekend. I think it's a very good chance we could see Mantha get a call up. Unless of course Blashill is just looking for a player to play on the 4th line (in place of Andersson), he may elect to call up Callahan...

Giving Mantha a couple games would do wonders for the kid but I suspect a grinder will replace Anderson or something. If only brad Richards didn't exist we'd be more likely to see AA or Mantha in that top 9 role

It's possible Mantha will play on that line still, putting Helm on the 4th. Richards-Datsyuk-Mantha could be a good line.