• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/11 GDT : Red Wings at New Jersey Devils, 7:00 EST

Rate this topic

well it doesnt feel that way

And we all know that's what matters, right?

Howard was one of our best players tonight. Can't blame him on the second or third goals. First one was clunky, but Mrazek had the exact same thing last night. Just need to bury one more chance in regulation. Would love for Datsyuk to get started sometime soon - guy must be wondering what he has to do to put one in the back of the net. That OT chance should have gone in.

The boys were tired tonight. Not nearly the same jump in their step as yesterday - not surprising or anything, but definitely could have used one patented Larkin speedy breakaway goal tonight. But the point streak continues on the second night of a back-to-back. About all you can hope for.

Edited by Aethernum

Smith has been playing very well recently in my opinion. Not sure the ending was really his fault.

Howie should have stayed big on the breakaway...he instead went down and then got horizontal to the ground and was flopping around like a fish. I mean he got really small there and the goal was a gimme...not a great Jimmy Howard moment.

Also Tatar should have backed up when he saw Smith was having trouble containing his guy along the boards...but he just stood there too close to the blue line...giving Cammelleri a two stride head start and a breakaway.

Also Tats should have pulled the trigger earlier in OT when he got the feed from Nyquist on the left wing...gotta shoot there!

Before the game started I did not want to jinx Howie so I did not write my feelings about this game with Howie in goals. I told my wife that Howie would probably allow the tying goal late in the game if we were leading by a goal. Unfortunately it happened and Howie was terrible in the OT. I put this lost on Blash for not sticking with Mrazek! For some reason Howie seems less alert nearing the end of a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That last sequence was all around brutal. From Nyquist holding onto the puck wayyyyyyyyy to long and handcuffing Tatar on the pass, to Smith's giveaway, Tatar's horrible defensive sense, and then the cherry on top which was Howard's WTF are you doing flail.

Meh... at least we got a point.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Nyqyuist has 3 OT winners this year. Ya peoplr are all on da weed. We got 3 pts in a back to back against 2 good teams. That's GOOD!!

Watch it with that. Don't be accusing people on being on drugs there guy.

Nobody is questioning Nyquist's OT contributions. So quit makin stuff again. Again.

Edited by kickazz

Watch it with that. Don't be accusing people on being on drugs there guy.

Nobody is questioning Nyquist's OT contributions. So quit makin stuff again. Again.

You're sensitive, fella!!! I'm not accusing at all. I'm just pointing out that Nyquist and Tatar were the goal scorers tonight. If anyone deserved to be on the ice, it was them.

This loss made a s***ty day even s***tier, Henrique and Zajac didn't play right? So how the f*** did we lose man, this team could win almost every night if they want to. I understand it was a back to back but they were without 1c and 2c this is ******* embarrassing, Some guys on this team only play 42 games a year.

You're sensitive, fella!!! I'm not accusing at all. I'm just pointing out that Nyquist and Tatar were the goal scorers tonight. If anyone deserved to be on the ice, it was them.

Not about sensitivity it's about behaving like an adult.

Regardless. Nyquist and Tatar can be out there. That's not a problem. But if that's the case then they need more of a stay at home defenseman on the blue line. Like Dekseyser or Kronwall. Having 3 offensive minded guys isn't smart and it ended up costing them. Facts are facts.

....ANOTHER blown lead with Howard in goal? Hmmmm.....

honestly, I think its getting to the point where Holland needs to find that "piece" that puts us over the top. Mrazek IS our goalie, Smth, E and K are ALL expendable. Helm is playing better, his worth has increased some. It's time to make some calls.

....ANOTHER blown lead with Howard in goal? Hmmmm.....

honestly, I think its getting to the point where Holland needs to find that "piece" that puts us over the top. Mrazek IS our goalie, Smth, E and K are ALL expendable. Helm is playing better, his worth has increased some. It's time to make some calls.

How do you expect them to drop both Ericsson and Howard contracts. Don't both contracts have a no trade clause?