• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

12/18 GDT : Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings, 7:30 EST

Rate this topic

Z had a chance to singlehandedly get 2 points. How did he blow that backhand. Still blows my mind that all that talent and can't score in a shootout. Richards can barely score in a game but can score in a shootout so stupid

So annoying man we are healthy and everything still can't beat these s*** teams, All I know is we almost never lost to buffalo when Babs was here. Blash needs to rip someone's head off because it seems like this team is trending down. Hate the damn Nucks.

3rd in the Atlantic. WOW all these dropped points and blown leads are going to bite us in the ass at the end of the year. I predict a first round loss to Boston AGAIN.

They just looked like a really bad hockey team for the majority of this game. Just a bunch of really bad players.... and that's what Vancouver should have looked like. Didn't deserve the point they got in this one.

So, are the Red Wings' shooters as bad as Howard is in the shootout? It seems like it should at least be a discussion.

Blashills lines suck!!! How long is it going to take him to keep pav and hank together on a line?! The wings were so flat for too much of this game. Howard played okay but a crappy rebound and he gives up a 3rd goal right after we tie the game. And another loss for him. Play mrazek next game and change the lines.

I was afraid this might happen ... easy pickin 2 pts usually turn out to be a disappointment. Outshot 27 to 10 in the first 2 periods ??!! Only positive, great tying goal by the Euro Twins.

Relieved that we got one ... but once we tied it, with the fragile mental state of Canucks, we should have been able to win it in OT or shootout.

I'm not blaming Howard, out shot 27-10 through 2 periods.... I'm blaming the coach. Blash really is starting to seem like players coach man, Stop with the Nyquist and Tatar on the third line crap they need to start playing with Z and D again. They aren't carrying s*** out there Blash just needs to understand these guys aren't at or even close to Dats and Zs level when they were younger.

How do you lose to the devils with no Zajac or Henrique, then to the Canucks with no H.Sedin? You either really suck, aren't preparing for games right or are being babied by the coach. I mean we lost in regulation at the Joe to ******* Bylsmas Buffalo

Just watched Z's tieing goal. What a shot! The puck didn't touch anything or anyone and went top shelf with maybe 6 inches of space. Then I watched his shootout try. He had Miller frozen on his knees with a wide open net but he shot it right at his pad. Scores a highlight goal to tie it, then screws up an easy finish in the shootout. Did'nt look like the same guy at all. Oh well, he got the team a point.

Zetterberg should watch his own past shootout moves and do it correctly lol.

I think he was going for this:

But ended up botching it with this:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2015020481-782-h

Anyways. I think they should go with Richards, Larkin, Nyquist as their shootout line up. Datsyuk is 25% on the shootout in the last 3 (?) years. That's really bad. And Zetterberg has always sucked at them. I'd rather put Jurco in as the 4th or 5th guy.

Edited by kickazz

Jurco is sketchy in the shootout.

He needs more confidence for sure, but the dude seems so lackadaisical in shootouts.

Posting all those youtube videos must've used up his hands before he got to the NHL.

I remember he did a sweet move against Chicago in 2014 but missed. He has the hands for it but problem is I think NHL goalies are just good enough to stop it.

Hah found the video. check out Jurco's shot at 4:22. I feel like if he worked at it he could do something with it.

I don't like Datsyuk in the top 3. I'm not exactly sure who I'd replace him with, because it seems nobody knows how to score.

Richards, Sheahan, Abdelkader

Because why the f*** not

I'd try Larkin. He had a nice deke today.

Edited by kickazz

Larkin made a real nice move, then just missed.

And is definitely throw Abby out there before helm.

Jurco has made some really nice plays, his first goal was a spin o rama. And his behind the back tip pass assists were sweet, but some things wrong with him.

Either his confidence is so low that his best asset is worthless, or his back problems have seriously messed him up.

I was pretty high on him too, it sucks to see.

This team goes through waves.. We were playing great but based on our rosters limitations it's not sustainable. Then we see this side which I like to call rock bottom. I've watched a lot of team play this year and when the wings are playing like this they are the very worst team in the league. I think it's our small guys trying to just let the game come to them and not busting their ass off every shift like they are capable of doing and are dominant when they do it. It's understandable, it's twice as hard for nyquist to force turnovers on a forecheck then it is someone with that's not a midget. Then theirs just the metal part of being late and too weak to every puck battle. This is a fragile team. Kronwall can be a great offensive top 4 that would be a huge part of every team but when he's bad he's embarrassing to watch because it's all mental fear, he makes plays you can't understand because he's completely rattled. I think confidence is a huge issue with this team

Nyquist could be one of the very best goal scorers in the league if he had Ghallagher's mentality just being fearless despite your size. I love nyquist but any unbiased person watching enough wings games would say this man is a huge Wimp... Him and Tatar don't have that fierce competitive spirit that dats and z had. Not because they don't want to but because it's too hard.