• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
joesuffP

WORLD JUNIORS

Rate this topic

Love this tournament, it has everything the NHL lacks: all-star-teams, intensity, blood rivalries and of course a bunch of young kids who just love the game.

Can't wait for USA vs Canada to start should be a good one and for many of us a first look at the upcoming number 1 pick in the draft.

A technical and fast skating Sweden won comfortably over Switzerland 8-3. However 2 possible concussions to key players on the Swede team, including William Nylander, the AHL point leader and future Leaf star.

Hicketts looking damn good. Will be interesting to follow him as opposition gets bigger.

I think as long as he can handle hockey at the ahl level next year, he will absolutely be with the Wings some day. The guy works too hard to not make it assuming his game translates to pro hockey.

Tsn guys mentioned how Kronwall assumed he was a first round pick, only to be told the Wings signed him undrafted lol

Edited by marcaractac

Evgeny Svechnikov. Yes he is. Russia won 2-1 against the Czechs earlier in a shootout. No points. Played a pretty good game though, generated a few quality chances.

I think he was referring to his brother Andrei. Future top 10 pick but not draft eligible for a few years

Gotcha. Don't get why one of the Red Wings top prospects' 15 year old brother would be the player you're most interested in seeing play, but to each their own I guess...

Because if the Svechnikovs were the Lindros bothers, Andrei would be Eric. I hope the Wings get him bad.

Sweden won against USA 1-0, mostly thanks due to the goalie, who shut out a good US team, including 16 shorthanded minutes (a lifetime in hockey).

Unfortunately he isn't drafted by the Wings, rather the Islanders.

---

Axel Holmström, who is drafted by the Wings, looked sharp overall in this game and in his previous first game. Good pickup, for sure.

Edited by Jacksoni