• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

e_prime

Forward Line Combos/Discussion

Rate this topic

I'm basically nitpicking at this point, but I'd rather see:

Tatar-Richards-Nyquist

Helm-Athanasiou-Larkin (imagine the speed)

or

Tatar-Richards-Larkin

Helm-Athanasiou-Nyquist

Anything to get the guys going. I don't see what Blash sees with Helm-Richards together. If I remember correctly, Tatar-Richards showed some chemistry in the preseason, and they only went back to it for a short time during the regular season. Again, just some minor tweaks, but a couple options I'd prefer over what they're going with now.

Bill Roose Reporting:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Helm - Richards - Larkin

Tatar - Athanasiou - Nyquist

Glendening - Sheahan - Jurco

Those lines stink. That's Blashill's definition of trying something new? Even Larkin won't be able to make Richards and Helm look like NHL players.

I'm basically nitpicking at this point, but I'd rather see:

Tatar-Richards-Nyquist

Helm-Athanasiou-Larkin (imagine the speed)

or

Tatar-Richards-Larkin

Helm-Athanasiou-Nyquist

Anything to get the guys going. I don't see what Blash sees with Helm-Richards together. If I remember correctly, Tatar-Richards showed some chemistry in the preseason, and they only went back to it for a short time during the regular season. Again, just some minor tweaks, but a couple options I'd prefer over what they're going with now.

anything is worth trying at this point...

I remember Jensen being one of the best puck moving d-men in the preseason as well...its time to sit Ericsson and get a youthful influx on D. If for just a game or two...

Dekeyser - Quincey

Smith - Green

Jensen - Marchenko

Put Jurco and Pulk with people who can play offense.

Make Helm a check line player again.

Let Larkin play center.

Bench Richards

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelakder

Tatar-Larkin-Jurco

Nyquist-AA-Pulk

Helm-Glendening-Sehahan

That could be a very interesting combo(s.) We saw last night that AA is legit and needs to stay here. I am 199% in favor of putting Helm on the 4th, if we can't trade him.

Put Jurco and Pulk with people who can play offense.

Make Helm a check line player again.

Let Larkin play center.

Bench Richards

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelakder

Tatar-Larkin-Jurco

Nyquist-AA-Pulk

Helm-Glendening-Sehahan

No matter how you slice it, there's too much melted butter in that lineup. Your 2nd and 3rd lines are too soft. We need some help with size and grit (as usual).

I don't know. But even if they asked to play together, I just don't like it. Blashill would better try to find a line combination with his two best players at centre, where they belong. Thinking of something like that if everybody's healthy:

Larkin, Datsyuk, Jurco

Nyquist, Zetterberg, Abdelkader

Tatar, Richards, Pulkkinen

Miller, Sheahan, Glendening

Blash should really stop playing plugs like Helm. He's never gonna be a top six Forward. Bottom six grinder at best. If they can get Jurco or Mantha to use their bodies and do the physical work for Datsyuk and Larkin that would be perfect. Otherwise there needs to be a trade. Mantha might need some time, but Jurco on the 4th line is a bad joke. Give the guy a chance. If he uses it, we got ourselves the winger we need. If not, they can still trade him.

3vs3, 4vs4, PP and some shifts in the 3rd should do it for Pav and Z. Can't afford to play your best players off position.

Edited by poel

He never has anything positive to say. It's always Blashill sucks or Holland sucks blah blah blah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I wasn't trying to take a shot at GoWings or what he said about the lines. All I meant by that is shuffling the lines doesn't do anything if the execution isn't there. And better execution can make any line combo look good. I think reducing all our offensive success/failure to who is playing with whom is overly simplistic. HOW each player is playing matters more than who they are playing with.

Athanasiou left before line rushes began

https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive/status/697107724836999168

#RedWings lines in practice:
Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Zetterberg
Tatar-Larkin-Richards
Jurco-Andersson-Nyquist
Helm-Glendening-Sheahan
Pulkkinen

Edit: I lied. Well, Ansar was a bit premature in his speculation. AA is back on the ice for line rushes, so... hopefully he's between Jurco and Nyquist instead.

Also, does anyone know how to just post the image of a tweet? Like embedding it in a post? I feel like I'm brand new around here. *sigh*

Edited by Jesusberg

As much as I like Helm as a player, he shouldn't be on the 2nd line. I've never understood having Helm and Richards on the 2nd line. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Larkin, Nyquist, Tatar, and Abdelkader should be on the 1st and 2nd lines.

HSJ reporting that DeKeyser will be ready to play on Friday.

Red Wings off today, but spoke with GM Ken Holland, he said Danny DeKeyser (knee bruise) "all good" for Friday's game.

Also, the Wings sent Andersson down to GR. Either they like what they see from AA, or they're letting Andersson get in some games instead of sitting. Maybe both.

Edited by Jesusberg

Great news with DeKeyser. Green is still day to day but will likely miss another couple games minimum. Don't want to rush a groin injury, especially when we're winning games. Kronwall is eligible to come off LTIR Sunday against Boston (if I'm not mistaken?), but will likely miss another game or two after that. Kindl hasn't been awful the past couple games but I really wish we would send him back down and call up Jensen. I'd like to see what he can do in an actual NHL game before he runs out of options next season...

Also, great news on sending Andersson down and keeping Athanasiou up. I hope he doesn't have to play another game in Grand Rapids ever again...

HSJ reporting that DeKeyser will be ready to play on Friday.

Red Wings off today, but spoke with GM Ken Holland, he said Danny DeKeyser (knee bruise) "all good" for Friday's game.

Also, the Wings sent Andersson down to GR. Either they like what they see from AA, or they're letting Andersson get in some games instead of sitting. Maybe both.

Great news on all fronts.

If it were me I would roll with

Z - Pav- Abs

Nyq- AA - Larkin

Tatar-Richards-Jurco

Sheahan-Glendening-Helm

That 3rd line is an enormous liability.

Tatar and Richards are terrible together.

I know it's not popular (yet), but I'd like to see Frk and Mantha called up.

Mantha-Larkin-Frk

Jurco-Datsyuk-Zetterberg

Abdelkader-Sheahan-Nyquist

Athanasiou-Helm-Glendening

Tatar and Richards have been so piss poor over the last 10 games. I like Tatar, but he needs to either take that next step and become a defensively responsible player, or he needs to be replaced. Do as Datsyuk does should be his motto.

How does that even work?

Cap woes are of no consideration?

Roster limits?

Sure. It's a horrible time for Tatar and Nyquist to be slumping and Richards hasn't been stellar, but I'm unsure as to why you'd bring up two guys who have no NHL experience and give them top line minutes. Meanwhile at least one of Richards, Tatar, and Pulkinnen just magically disappear from the roster?

Zetterberg- Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Tatar-Larkin-Nyquist

Jurco-AA-Pulkinnen

Helm - Sheahan - Glendening

hard to make up lines when our center depth begins and ends with Z and D and they play on the same line

Richards, Sheahan, AA and even Larkin (as center) just aren't good enough to be counted on as an offensive threat that's defensively responsible. Blash needs to start working Larkin in as center because we are going to need him to be a good center men very soon

How does that even work?

Cap woes are of no consideration?

Roster limits?

Sure. It's a horrible time for Tatar and Nyquist to be slumping and Richards hasn't been stellar, but I'm unsure as to why you'd bring up two guys who have no NHL experience and give them top line minutes. Meanwhile at least one of Richards, Tatar, and Pulkinnen just magically disappear from the roster?

Zetterberg- Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Tatar-Larkin-Nyquist

Jurco-AA-Pulkinnen

Helm - Sheahan - Glendening

Check our scoring stats and our place in the standings if you're unsure about why changes are necessary. And it's Feb. 24. 5 days left for our genius GM to do something.