e_prime

Forward Line Combos/Discussion

Rate this topic

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Larkin - Richards - Tatar

Nyquist - Sheahan - Pulks/Jurco

Miller - Helm - Glendening

Andersson

Not bad actually. But I'd prefer Tatar with Jurco/Sheahan since that line was always pretty good. Nyquist with Larkin and Richards.

These would be practical lines yeah, (and the whole damn reason why Richards was signed by Ken Holland) but I doubt Blash wud change much anyway hah. If he does then awesome. Because at this point, I agree.. Lines do need some changing up.

Edited by kickazz

Like i said we need an improved front of net presence. 1 call I hope Holland would make is to the Ducks for out of favor Maroon. has a cheap contract-2 mill per year for 3 more years. In 5 on 5 play use him on the checking line but on the PP he is one of the front of net guys. Then lines would look like this:

Z-Datsyuk-Abby

Nyquist-Sheahan-tatar

Jurco-Larkin-Pulks

Maroon-Glendening-Helm

Richards-Miller

The PP units:

1st: Z-Datsyuk-Abby no change

2nd: Maroon-Larkin-Nyquist

3rd: Jurco-Sheahan-tatar

What would he cost? Not a ton, so if it doesn't work no real loss. Maybe a Andersson and jensen deal gets it done? It wouldn't be much more than that.

Edited by Richdg

The more I think about our lines, the more I wanna see Dats with Tatar..

They're together a lot, pavs line was normally him, tats and helm, and 3on3 tats is almost always with dats.

Abby-Z-larkin

Jurco-datsyuk-mantha

Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist

Nosek-helm-disney.com

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Just for a game, we should put Dats and Z in the BOTTOM 6 to give them a chance to spark something down there and to throw a curve ball at the opposing team...

Nyquist - Sheahan - Larkin

Glenny - Richards - Abby

Tatar - Datsyuk - Jurco

Nosek - Z - Helm

That would screw up the other team's lineup totally! Honestly, I don't think it would hurt us too much, since we cannot seem to find combos that work, why not REALLY mix them up!?! Its not like you cannot change them back after a few shifts together....

I hate Blashill's forward lines! Just his ideas for this team, it's almost like he's treating this year as a learning exercise

Happy with the defense actually

Many were unhappy with Babcock's lines as well. So who is right? The coaches or the fans? Either our coaches are stupid and trying to make us lose OR we the fans who are not at practice have no idea of what we are talking about. I wonder which one it is........

Many were unhappy with Babcock's lines as well. So who is right? The coaches or the fans? Either our coaches are stupid and trying to make us lose OR we the fans who are not at practice have no idea of what we are talking about. I wonder which one it is........

Well production is down across the board. Some would be concerned by this. You're not worried that pretty much every players offensive numbers have dropped significantly from last year? Abby and Z and our role players are the only guys putting up respectable numbers based on their previous totals

Well production is down across the board. Some would be concerned by this. You're not worried that pretty much every players offensive numbers have dropped significantly from last year? Abby and Z and our role players are the only guys putting up respectable numbers based on their previous totals

Not to mention pav does not look like himself at all?

I think blashill is failing this team. If we didn't have these stupid lines we would be in 1st place right now. His lines make zero sense.

Pavs looks alright it's just Richards is slow and weak. He has something to offer but Pavs can't do all the work for him and Helm is just not that kind of player

Exactly my point. And whose fault is that? Who is sticking those 2 players with pav and refusing to change it up no matter how stale the lines look?

Blashill needs to go I'm getting tired of his stubbornness. Bring in Ron Wilson, a guy who knows how to get scoring with good lines.

Exactly my point. And whose fault is that? Who is sticking those 2 players with pav and refusing to change it up no matter how stale the lines look?

Blashill needs to go I'm getting tired of his stubbornness. Bring in Ron Wilson, a guy who knows how to get scoring with good lines.

I wouldn't go that far lol... I don't like the lines but I don't think it makes Blashill a bad coach... Seems like he's training Jurco, Nyquist and Tatar it's weird

Blash has been even more stubborn than Babs was lately with not changing the lines. Helm is a joke in the top-six, Tatar and Nyquist do not work together and even the Z/Larkin combination has slowed down.

Z - Pav - Abby

Larkin - Richards - Nyquist

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Helm - Glendening - Nosek

I still have no idea why the Wings signed Richards with the intent to move Z back to wing and he has played center practically every game this season. I think Z and Pav need to play together now for both the team's sake and their own individual success as well.

Abby needs to be out of the top six as well. With the emergence of Larkin, Richards is not needed. Maybe our former coach would be interested in disney.com. Trade him disney.com and Andersson for some future considerations....do something, this team is toast.

I like the concept of having our regular penalty killers mostly on a line together (4th line) because that means following a penalty we don't get our lines all shuffled and mess up chemistry. This is why helm should be out of the top 6 imo.

Miller - Helm - Glendening. And then use Sheahan a bit too on the pk.

I like the concept of having our regular penalty killers mostly on a line together (4th line) because that means following a penalty we don't get our lines all shuffled and mess up chemistry. This is why helm should be out of the top 6 imo.

Miller - Helm - Glendening. And then use Sheahan a bit too on the pk.

That and the fact he has three goals playing with Datsyuk most of the season. Again, Athanasiou (when healthy) could do everything Helm does and actually finish on some of the chances that his speed provides.

That and the fact he has three goals playing with Datsyuk most of the season. Again, Athanasiou (when healthy) could do everything Helm does and actually finish on some of the chances that his speed provides.

That is true. Athanasiou is bigger than Helm is and can probably (?) score moreso.

I think sadly Helm is actually pound for pound smaller than Datsyuk is.. So I don't know how him being a "net front grinder" for top 6 is that practical. But someone said in the blashill thread.. Blash has to use what he's got. Helm's probably his only realistic option to stick with Datsyuk (who wants a piano mover).

But there's also Jurco, who is pretty big and has hands. So idk, maybe he should play with Dats and have Helm drop down.

Abby - Zet - Larkin

Jurco - Dats - Tatar (this was an actual line last year)

Nyquist - Richards - Sheahan

Helm - Glendog - Nosek (Miller)

I know Jurco is injured for now but just thinking..

Alternatively they could swap Datsyuk and Larkin who could center Tatar and Jurco. There's practically a "goal scorer" and a big guy on each line and the 4th line is all PK guys.

Edited by kickazz