• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

The Holiday tradition: 2016 Draft thoughts.....

Rate this topic

I agree that you draft the best player available in the 1st round, maybe even the first three rounds, but I don't think teams generally draft by need in the 6th and 7th rounds. Realistically there isn't that much of a difference in projected talent level that late in the draft.

Like I said though, this Larsson kid must be a goalie that Andersson felt we couldn't pass on. Maybe he had him projected to go in the 4th or 5th round. And if that's the case, great, maybe we'll have a stud on our hands.

Yeah, I didn't understand taking a goalie last year, but it really doesn't make sense that we drafted yet another one this year... With Mrazek set as our number one for the foreseeable future at just 24 years old, and at least two of Coreau, Paterson, Perry and Pottelberghe as viable options for backup in the near or not so distant future, I really didn't think there was a need for another goalie in Larsson...

I feel the same ... Mrazek is real young and hopefully with a bright future ahead and we got a few good goalie prospects in the pipeline now , think we could of used the puck for another player but I won't complain too much

My guess is they thought this kid was under the radar and can be special and was sidetracked by the injuries this season so why risk the kid going undrafted or picked later and next season he becomes a star ... Besides if he becomes good and we have problems with mrazek down the road if he wants more money then we'll be ok

Guessing and hoping now that next season we will be ok and have no need to draft a goaltender

Here is our newest addition Jordan Sambrook with Kris Draper, 2 days ago after being selected in the 5th round by his favorite team, the Detroit Red Wings...

post-20837-0-17733400-1467032680_thumb.jpg

And here they are 18 years ago with the Stanley Cup, after the Red Wings won back to back Championships...

post-20837-0-19327500-1467033083_thumb.jpg

Pretty cool stuff!

This I feel is going to be a very good turn out for us.  We just got to get this Sambrook kid signed to a deal!

BTW, thank you @ChristopherReevesLegs for giving the idea of re-visiting draft threads and opening up discussion on the players!

(BTW, sorry about your loss, but I am sure Margot Kidder is happy back being with her "Superman.")

Sambrook only has until June 1 to sign a contract or he becomes a UFA I believe...or does he go back into the draft?

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

This I feel is going to be a very good turn out for us.  We just got to get this Sambrook kid signed to a deal!

image.png.c6d9c29587b141044bfdd87031474013.png

BTW, thank you @ChristopherReevesLegs for giving the idea of re-visiting draft threads and opening up discussion on the players!

(BTW, sorry about your loss, but I am sure Margot Kidder is happy back being with her "Superman.")

Sambrook only has until June 1 to sign a contract or he becomes a UFA I believe...or does he go back into the draft?

This draft sucks. Holland doesn't have a clue how to build a team with a salary cap. He needs to go.

11 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

image.png.c6d9c29587b141044bfdd87031474013.png

I love reviving old threads. It's interesting to see how reactions and opinions change with time.

Marg Kidder? That ***** makes me hurl

I expect Sambrook to be signed. This was a good draft IMO. Honestly like all 7 picks

Would just like to point out...

Chychrun finished his 2nd full season with 50 GP, a whopping 14 pts, with just over about 20 minutes played per night. So essentially on pace for a 23 pt season.

Mr. old n slow Kronwall finished the season with 79 GP, 27 pts, with just over 18 minutes played per night.

Take this as you see fit

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Chychrun finished his 2nd full season with 50 GP, a whopping 14 pts, with just over about 20 minutes played per night. So essentially on pace for a 23 pt season.

Mr. old n slow Kronwall finished the season with 79 GP, 27 pts, with just over 18 minutes played per night.

Take this as you see fit

Chychrun sucks. Kronwall is the future.

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Take this as you see fit

All I know is that he looks like the bad guy from Die Hard 2

vbvb.png