• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DrRoCkSo_46

And your NHL All-Star Division Captains are....

Rate this topic

The NHL asked him to not go and give up his spot to OEL or Domi and e refused. Glad he isn't going, All star game is already a joke but he's a bigger one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why should he refuse? He didn't ask for this. It would be a great experience for his family. Also for someone who isn't taking in millions, the all star bonus would be welcome pay.

If he isn't allowed to go, after he was voted in and was expecting to go, I'm going to be very disappointed in all involved. Scott has done nothing but handle this graciously, made it all about the opportunity for his family, and as an end cap for a career that's coming to an end. In his statements about the game he seemed legitimately excited, and it would be REALLY screwed up to take it away from him now.

I don't usually get on board the "NHL front office is the worst" train, but this would be shameful.

The NHL asked him to not go and give up his spot to OEL or Domi and e refused. Glad he isn't going, All star game is already a joke but he's a bigger one.

He didnt ask to be in the game. He repeatedly told fans NOT to vote for him and to vote for his deserving teammates instead.

John Scott is a good guy who just got screwed over. Another example of why the all star game is a joke.

To be honest the fans just screwed his NHL career over. Had they not voted him in he'd probably not be the center of the drama. Then again the NHL is responsible for creating the whole voting system.

Edited by kickazz

Why should he refuse? He didn't ask for this. It would be a great experience for his family. Also for someone who isn't taking in millions, the all star bonus would be welcome pay.

He doesn't take in Millions because he sucks, that money is earned. Pretty simple.

He shouldn't be playing in the NHL either. A younger better player should be there earning that money for being the better player.

He didnt ask to be in the game. He repeatedly told fans NOT to vote for him and to vote for his deserving teammates instead.

John Scott is a good guy who just got screwed over. Another example of why the all star game is a joke.

To be honest the fans just screwed his NHL career over. Had they not voted him in he'd probably not be the center of the drama. Then again the NHL is responsible for creating the whole voting system.

He tweeted that if he's voted in he's going. Never once heard him give up his spot.

He tweeted that if he's voted in he's going. Never once heard him give up his spot.

"I don’t want to have my name in the headlines for this reason," Scott said. "Like, it's a fun little thing and hopefully it'll die down over time. It’s not something -- I definitely don't want to be voted into the All-Star Game. It would be cool, but I definitely don't deserve it to this point.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/john-scott-doesnt-want-you-to-vote-him-into-the-all-star-game/

I'd say the NHL fans screwed his career over lol. It started off as a joke with the voting and now the guy is being shipped to Montreal with a pregnant wife expected to deliver anytime soon. On top of that his NHL career is effectively over. I don't think he started the season thinking "HEHEH I'm going to get into the all star game and screw Ekman Larsson out of his spot muahahah!!!!"

Edited by kickazz

If the NHL, and a sizeable chunk of its fans, is going to insist that fighting is a necessary, traditional, and integral part of the game then I don't see why an individual shouldnt be voted into the all star game based on skill in this area.

You can't have it both ways. Fighting can't be tacitly condoned, if not downright celebrated, while the fighters themselves are barred from receiving honors based on their ability to do this "nesessary" part of the game well.

And that's to say nothing of the extremely contemptable decision to offer a man a life changing opportunity and then conspire to take it away. After all, regardless of his skill level, john Scott has devoted his entire life to loving and playing hockey. This is his hall of fame moment and he might be robbed of it. Its an absolutely awful way to treat a guy who probably loves the game more than any of us.

"I don’t want to have my name in the headlines for this reason," Scott said. "Like, it's a fun little thing and hopefully it'll die down over time. It’s not something -- I definitely don't want to be voted into the All-Star Game. It would be cool, but I definitely don't deserve it to this point.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/john-scott-doesnt-want-you-to-vote-him-into-the-all-star-game/

That was posted Dec 2nd. Voting started Dec 1st. January he Tweeted that he is going to the All Star game saying its something he will never experience and it will be fun. At first he even thought getting voted in was a joke then he started to feel like he belonged lol.

Who's to say OEL or Domi didn't want to go and management thinking its a joke for him

To represent the team over there future players. He was sent down multiple times this year, he is a bad player.

That's not him saying he would give up his spot.

If the NHL, and a sizeable chunk of its fans, is going to insist that fighting is a necessary, traditional, and integral part of the game then I don't see why an individual shouldnt be voted into the all star game based on skill in this area.

You can't have it both ways. Fighting can't be tacitly condoned, if not downright celebrated, while the fighters themselves are barred from receiving honors based on their ability to do this "nesessary" part of the game well.

And that's to say nothing of the extremely contemptable decision to offer a man a life changing opportunity and then conspire to take it away. After all, regardless of his skill level, john Scott has devoted his entire life to loving and playing hockey. This is his hall of fame moment and he might be robbed of it. Its an absolutely awful way to treat a guy who probably loves the game more than any of us.

Great but I don't care about any of that. Not going to change my opinion, he doesn't deserve to be there and hopefully won't be.

Dumb that he was in it but in a funny way.. Dumb move in a sad way that he's being forced out of it.

Bad PR move by the league too really.. him playing, although a ridiculous thing, would lead to many more viewers. When is the last time you remember the all-star game getting talked about this much?

9 mins ago - View on Twitter
The #habs sent John Scott to AHL St. John's and aren't likely to recall him. That would make him ineligible for the NHL all-star game.

Three words...F*ck the NHL.

That was posted Dec 2nd. Voting started Dec 1st. January he Tweeted that he is going to the All Star game saying its something he will never experience and it will be fun. At first he even thought getting voted in was a joke then he started to feel like he belonged lol.

Who's to say OEL or Domi didn't want to go and management thinking its a joke for him

To represent the team over there future players. He was sent down multiple times this year, he is a bad player.

Great but I don't care about any of that. Not going to change my opinion, he doesn't deserve to be there and hopefully won't be.

Really? Wow, how sad are you. He was voted in by the fans and deserves to be there.

Three words...F*ck the NHL.

Really? Wow, how sad are you. He was voted in by the fans and deserves to be there.

If I were a billionare I'd buy Scott a first class ticket to that joke of an NHL front office and ask one of the damn suits to tell him to his face that he now won't go to the ASG - those idiots wouldn't like the outcome.

I mean when was the last time people actually talked and wanted to watch the ASG ?

He doesn't have to give up his spot if he doesn't want to. He was fairly voted in by the fair voting process. So if there's anything to blame it's the fans who voted him in rather than OEL. Or the NHL itself for how poorly they're handling it.

It's easy to hate the player rather than hate the game.

He does deserve to be there because the fans voted him in, period.

Wish the fans could vote for the front-office too that way it wouldn't be run by morons which never laced skates up.

Edited by frankgrimes

He doesn't have to give up his spot if he doesn't want to. He was fairly voted in by the fair voting process. So if there's anything to blame it's the fans who voted him in rather than OEL. Or the NHL itself for how poorly they're handling it.

It's easy to hate the player rather than hate the game.

I never said he wasn't voted in "fairly". I said he doesn't deserve to be there and shouldn't.

Last I checked a forum is a place of opinions, if you can't take my opinion and move on then I am not sure what to say.

Fans are trolling. How do you not see that lol.

Ofcourse they trolled but what's the proof of that? The NHL commissioner can't just come out and say "oh the fans are trolling let us remove John Scott from the game". They need evidence to prove these things without dealing with outrage.

Ofcourse they trolled but what's the proof of that? The NHL commissioner can't just come out and say "oh the fans are trolling let us remove John Scott from the game". They need evidence to prove these things without dealing with outrage.

Who's talking about the NHL commissioner. Where the proof that shows they had anything to do with it.

It's all speculation my friend and that's all.

Who's talking about the NHL commissioner. Where the proof that shows they had anything to do with it.

It's all speculation my friend and that's all.

Exactly everything is speculation. The only evidence is the votes. He got voted in and by the rules he deserves the spot. Whether or not he deserves it based of how good you or I think he is, is another story and a subjective matter, not an objective one.

Edited by kickazz

Fans are trolling. How do you not see that lol.

And Montreal voting ALL Habs player in a few years ago wasn't? Look everyone can have his opinion I don't care but the fact ofa the matter is this:

ASG is seen as a joke, players don't want to go (bet Crosby is happy!) but the NHL created this voting contest in order to get more clicks (the currency of the 21 century) and the fans decided, period. Was ist trolling or making a joke of a joke-game sure? But hey fans played by the rules and the league has to accept that.

And guess what I'm willing to bet my house that Scott has a lot more hockey talent than 90 % of the people who can't get their asses out of their comfy chaires. He won the voting and he deserves it, period.

btw. something like hardest punch, exceptional endurance during a scum would be some nice additions...hardest punch would be a toss up between Orr and McGrattan, endurance McGrattan and MacIntyre for sure.

Edited by frankgrimes

Exactly everything is speculation. The only evidence is the votes. He got voted in and by the rules he deserves the spot. Whether or not he deserves it based of how good you or I think he is, is another story and a subjective matter, not an objective one.

It's my opinion. I stated it and everyone started quoting me and going off because it doesn't match there's. He doesn't deserve to be there.

And Montreal voting ALL Habs player in a few years ago wasn't? Look everyone can have his opinion I don't care but the fact ofa the matter is this:

ASG is seen as a joke, players don't want to go (bet Crosby is happy!) but the NHL created this voting contest in order to get more clicks (the currency of the 21 century) and the fans decided, period. Was ist trolling or making a joke of a joke-game sure? But hey fans played by the rules and the league has to accept that.