• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Pick next season's Winter Classic teams/location

Rate this topic

While we may very well see some of the usual suspects like Chicago, Pittsburgh, or New York, I think a good location for next year's WC would be Busch Stadium in St. Louis. A Blues/Stars matchup would be pretty cool, and a first for both teams. Let's hear your ideas!

Getting really old and tired ... lacking the sizzle even though they cut it back down to 1. I think they really killed the golden goose last year with like so many. I don't really care where the next one is quite frankly.

The "Bible Belt Derby" would be great. Hurricanes vs. Predators at the Tennessee Volunteers stadium. It seats over 100,000.

I was going to say at Preds also but volunteers stadium to far away. I know, I live in Nashville. I think they'd have it at Vanderbilt stadium which is only few miles from Bridgestone Arena. And I think it will be vs either us or Chicago. That's their biggest rival now that we've moved east. Edited by MaynardJmzKeenan

I would love to see Columbus get in on one. With the unpredictable Ohio weather it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have it here but at least it would make sense. Not sure who they would play, though.

Columbus vs Detroit at the Ohio State Horseshoe.

I'd go to that game!

TCF Bank Stadium. Wild vs. pretty much any of their division would be great, but would prefer Blues, Hawks (ugh), Jets (imagine the old school jerseys), Stars (team in en fuego and prob will still be next year).

Think it makes sense - hockey pretty big in Minnesota, could host for college/junior/high school etc games outside of the actual WC and I bet it would be a great event even if they can't get beer sold at college stadium, I remember that being a hurdle that needed to be crossed for hosting at Michigan Stadium.

TCF Bank Stadium. Wild vs. pretty much any of their division would be great, but would prefer Blues, Hawks (ugh), Jets (imagine the old school jerseys), Stars (team in en fuego and prob will still be next year).

Think it makes sense - hockey pretty big in Minnesota, could host for college/junior/high school etc games outside of the actual WC and I bet it would be a great event even if they can't get beer sold at college stadium, I remember that being a hurdle that needed to be crossed for hosting at Michigan Stadium.

Stadium series is at TCF in couple months. It's the buzz of Minnesota since its been announced.

Colorado vs NJ in the "Colorado vs UsedToBeColorado" rivalry. :confused:

Honestly, I think Rangers vs Islanders is overdue. Play it in Yankee stadium. Nobody outside of NY will care, but it seems like nobody cares already. Minnesota vs Dallas will probably happen at some point too.

I think the Wings will play the Pens at some point, if the NHL continues these games, just not next year.

Edited by xtrememachine1