• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

FA sweepstakes, did we win one?

Rate this topic

looking back at the 2 sweepstakes for college D men we were involved in i was wondering how you all think we did .

back in 2012 it was the Justin Schultz show where we put forward a good pitch but came up empty handed.

then a year later saw us enter the Danny DeKeyser which we won due mainly to the home front situ.

both are well into what promises to be good NHL careers and a quick check on their progress shows that we may

just have come out on top with our signing.

to date Schultz has a record of pl 229 g 26 a 69 t 95 pts 44 pims and a rather poor -65.

our boy DD has record to date pl 191 g 8 a 56 t 63 pts 90 pims and a +30 rating.

although DeKeyser was never a prolific scorer in NCAA compared to Schultz i feel his $2,187,500

is somewhat better value than what the Oilers are paying Schultz $3,900,000, both are due renewing

at seasons end, wonder who'll get the better deal.

So do you think in hindsight Detroit got the better all round or would Schultz have thrived more in the Redwings system?

Would we have gone for Dekeyser as well if we had of signed Schultz ?

Also, i think we have got a steal in Russo for the blueline too, he's on course for a 40pt+ rookie season.