• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bill Berzeench

The Elite Dylan Larkin

Rate this topic

On 1/6/2019 at 9:39 AM, kliq said:

I think this is fair.....though I would just add that for me to consider someone elite, I need to see this level of play for a few seasons in a row. Many guys have been top 5 players at their position for 1 year only to drop off the next season.

Yah, Larkin is getting better tho.  I think he will benefit from the next few drafts big time.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, Larkin is getting better tho.  I think he will benefit from the next few drafts big time.

Agreed.....look at what he's putting up playing with Nyquist, Abby, Helm or whoever else is put on his line. Imagine if the kid was playing with actual elite wingers like Patrick Kane, Ovie etc.

Edited by kliq

On 1/6/2019 at 12:39 PM, kliq said:

I think this is fair.....though I would just add that for me to consider someone elite, I need to see this level of play for a few seasons in a row. Many guys have been top 5 players at their position for 1 year only to drop off the next season.

Agreed. Elite is a pattern of play.

7 hours ago, kliq said:

Agreed.....look at what he's putting up playing with Nyquist, Abby, Helm or whoever else is put on his line. Imagine if the kid was playing with actual elite wingers like Patrick Kane, Ovie etc.

Agreed. But I don't even necessarily think Larkin needs "elite" wingers like Ovechkin or Kane. I think even if he had legit "top line" wingers he could be a 90+ point two-way center. Which in my opinion would put him in the conversation of elite. If Mantha continues to grow into the player he's capable of... If Zadina hits his ceiling... If we draft in the top 3 in the next two years... Larkin could have some very good, maybe even elite wingers to play with...

10 hours ago, kliq said:

Yes, if he gets Mantha-Kakko, the points could start flying in.

Mantha-Larkin-Stone

Zadina-Athanasiou-Kakko

Rasmussen-Helm-Bertuzzi

Abdelkader-Nielssen-Glendening

Veleno/Svechnikov

One great trade/UFA and one great draft pick away from having a pretty formidable F group.

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yes, if he gets Mantha-Kakko, the points could start flying in.

Mantha-Larkin-Stone

Zadina-Athanasiou-Kakko

Rasmussen-Helm-Bertuzzi

Abdelkader-Nielssen-Glendening

Veleno/Svechnikov

One great trade/UFA and one great draft pick away from having a pretty formidable F group.

YES! Take two rookie blue chip wingers and pack them around this team's most one-dimensional forward who has proven to no one ever that he can be a good center in the NHL. Athanasiou will never be this team's 2nd line center. Not if they plan on contending. 

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

YES! Take two rookie blue chip wingers and pack them around this team's most one-dimensional forward who has proven to no one ever that he can be a good center in the NHL. Athanasiou will never be this team's 2nd line center. Not if they plan on contending. 

I thought we were ALL done hating on AA.  The guy is awesome!!!

9 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I thought we were ALL done hating on AA.  The guy is awesome!!!

As a specialty winger with explosive north-facing talent? You betcha. 

As a 2nd line center responsible for distributing the puck to two potential star wingers and looking after them defensively? That's a big F nope. Even Bill Berz wan't this dumb. 

I actually like Athanasiou in the middle, but probably not as a 2C. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do as our 3C for a few games though...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Nyquist - Nielsen - Vanek

Helm - Athanasiou - Rasmussen

Abdelkader - Glendening - Ehn / de la Rose

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I actually like Athanasiou in the middle, but probably not as a 2C. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do as our 3C for a few games though...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Nyquist - Nielsen - Vanek

Helm - Athanasiou - Rasmussen

Abdelkader - Glendening - Ehn / de la Rose

Dude, we aren't talking about our next game.  We are talking about next year.

5 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

As a specialty winger with explosive north-facing talent? You betcha. 

As a 2nd line center responsible for distributing the puck to two potential star wingers and looking after them defensively? That's a big F nope. Even Bill Berz wan't this dumb. 

You're still on the hate train.  Dude, that thing derailed a long time ago.  We all like AA now.  Climb out of the wreckage, bruh.

6 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

He is awesome.

When is Larkin going to get the C? I feel it's heading his way anyways, why wait?

I'd have given him the C by now.

50 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Dude, we aren't talking about our next game.  We are talking about next year.

Dude, I was talking about next game. Not next year. But since you're talking about next year...

Hughes - Larkin - Mantha

Athanasiou - Nielsen - Zadina

Bertuzzi - Veleno - Rasmussen

Abdelkader - Glendening - Helm

Cholowski - Green

Ericsson - Hronek

DeKeyser - Jensen

Howard

Bernier

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Saying that AA shouldnt play center doesn't make you a hater, just a good judge of talent.

Yeah. I clearly got that wrong.  I called for him to play center for years.  But he's a pretty good winger eh?

Since this thread is about Larkin, I'd like to continue to add to the AA discussion. One thing I like about the kid is he creates his own offense which means he can play wing on any line. You can put him with Helm and Glendenning and provided they get the ice time (which they will) AA will produce. It's beautiful. 

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Dude, I was talking about next game. Not next year. But since you're talking about next year...

Hughes - Larkin - Mantha

Athanasiou - Nielsen - Zadina

Bertuzzi - Veleno - Rasmussen

Abdelkader - Glendening - Helm

Cholowski - Green

Ericsson - Hronek

DeKeyser - Jensen

Howard

Bernier

Looks good.  

Really hope we can move Ericsson and Daley at the deadline.

Cholowski-Green

DeKeyser-Hronek

Sulak-Jensen

Witkowski

56 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Thanks buddy!

No problem DUDE BRAH!

I also liked Bill's brevity. As in: it was the only redeeming quality of his posts. They were short. Made them less painful to read. Got it over with quicker. etc.

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

The Line of AA-Larkin-Hughes will make Larkin ELITE.

Getting the Abby's, Helm's, Glendening's away from Larkin will make Larkin ELITE.

Helm-AA-Glendening? WTF are you smoking, dude, your AA hate has gone way beyond my Hudler, Franzen hate... AA is the 1B best player on this team. Larkin and AA are the core to build around. Any and ALL other forwards are tradeable if comparing to these two. AA may never be the 2C, but he damn well is talented enough to be top 3 1st line winger. Thanks for the laugh though! Needed it!

On 1/8/2019 at 7:01 AM, krsmith17 said:

Agreed. But I don't even necessarily think Larkin needs "elite" wingers like Ovechkin or Kane. I think even if he had legit "top line" wingers he could be a 90+ point two-way center. Which in my opinion would put him in the conversation of elite. If Mantha continues to grow into the player he's capable of... If Zadina hits his ceiling... If we draft in the top 3 in the next two years... Larkin could have some very good, maybe even elite wingers to play with...

For sure, I'm just pointing out how much better he could be production wise if he had snipers like that. Lets hope Mantha/Zadina hit their ceilings, as that is huge for us in the development of this team..

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

The Line of AA-Larkin-Hughes will make Larkin ELITE.

Perhaps it's just how I look at what makes a player "Elite", but I fundamentally have a problem with your statement.  You're either elite or your not.  If you need certain players to play with to boost your stats, then you are not elite in my mind.  Doesn't mean Larkin won't get to elite status, but if he gets there in my mind, it will be regardless of who he plays with.

8 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

Perhaps it's just how I look at what makes a player "Elite", but I fundamentally have a problem with your statement.  You're either elite or your not.  If you need certain players to play with to boost your stats, then you are not elite in my mind.  Doesn't mean Larkin won't get to elite status, but if he gets there in my mind, it will be regardless of who he plays with.

I agree to an extent. I agree that elite players are elite no matter who you play them with. Connor McDavid currently has 63 points in 42 games playing in between Zack Kassian and Jujhar Khaira (Who?)...  I consider Larkin to be a very good top line center, but I wouldn't consider him elite. Not yet anyway. However, putting a couple competent wingers on his line could put him in the conversation in a few years. Players like Larkin are going to need some help to get there. If he does end up playing with two high end wingers over the next few seasons, and explodes offensively, I'm not going to discredit him, just because he finally has players to play with (not saying this is what you're saying).