• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sharkfan20

Going to the Joe. Best place to sit at the Joe?

Rate this topic

Hey guys,

It's been a while. I've been on this forum for a while now. But don't post at all.

But, my question where is the best place to sit at Red Wing games? I'm going to the February 14th game.

Give me your suggestions before your Red Wings beat my Sharks.

As someone who has been to over 100 games at JLA and sat in just about every section in the building, I can tell you with confidence that there is not a bad seat in the house.

Awesome! Thanks! And heard a long time ago, if you don't have a ticket in lowerbowl, you can't go to warm ups? Is that true? And what long of a camera lens can you bring? :)

Awesome! Thanks! And heard a long time ago, if you don't have a ticket in lowerbowl, you can't go to warm ups? Is that true? And what long of a camera lens can you bring? :)

Absolutely false, you can go down. I usually head back to my real seat when warmups end, though. And no cameras over 80mm IIRC.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Absolutely false, you can go down. I usually head back to my real seat when warmups end, though. And no cameras over 80mm IIRC.

Thank you very much for your tips and information. I'm really excited to go. It's one of my bucket lists to go visit one of the Original Six teams arenas, no matter the team. And I wanted to do this before the Wings move in that new arena.

Thank you very much for your tips and information. I'm really excited to go. It's one of my bucket lists to go visit one of the Original Six teams arenas, no matter the team. And I wanted to do this before the Wings move in that new arena.

There's no better current arena for hockey atmosphere than JLA. Now we just need to fix which team you're rooting for.

There's no better current arena for hockey atmosphere than JLA. Now we just need to fix which team you're rooting for.

That will never happen. haha. Always been a Sharks fan, always will be. It's too bad, the Sharks and Wings aren't rivals anymore since you guys moved to the East. Always loved the games against you guys. It was a good game last night. Good luck the rest of the way. Last night was the first time, I really paid attention to Larkin. Lucky to watch him everyday.

I agree there's no bad seat in the house. Yes, you can go down to the lower bowl for warm ups. I've told this story before, my friend and I one time had seats 2 rows in front of the owners box. We got there early, found or seats, and decided to go down for warm ups. While heading down the stairs, the usher in our section asked us if we were going down for warm ups. We said "yes" and she pointed and told us, "Go that way, it's faster" :)

I agree, the Joe get's really loud, and people there have a great time. You can even feel the atmosphere when watching on TV.

I know we need a new arena, but I'll miss the place when we move into the new place.

I know some Canuck fans said that Vancouver changed it that if you don't have lower bowl tickets, you can't go to warm ups. But thanks for everyone's tips and where to sit! Really appreciated!

That's so stupid! I remember going to a Wings-Leafs preseason game at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, they wouldn't let people with Upper Bowl tickets down for warm ups. Must be a Canadian thing.

When going to the joe, the best place to sit in the joe, is literally everywhere in the joe.

Actually, back in 2009, I went to a game and sat directly behind the goal we defended for the 1st&3rd periods in the 2nd section up, for about 35 of those 40 minutes those were some of the worst seats in the joe.

But for almost the entire second period, I had the best seats ever.

I've been to a game in San Jose. The upper bowl felt like miles away. Prepare for a whole other experience at the Joe. The place barely has an upper bowl. It feels like a college rink compared to the shark tank. Every seat is so good that I have always had a hard time paying for lower bowl seats.

I've been to half a dozen or so games at the Joe, but I haven't been there in 3 years now. The last Wings game I seen live was 2 years ago for the Winter Classic at The Big House in Ann Arbor. I'll be going to the Stadium Series this year at Coors Field in Denver, so unfortunately I won't be able to get down to Detroit again this season. I'll definitely be going down next season though, for one last game at the Joe... :(

As far as seats go, I haven't had anything other than top of lower bowl / bottom of upper bowl at center ice. They're definitely my favorite in any stadium, and where I only get a chance to make the trip once every year or two, I go for the best seats I can find. I've never been down on the glass, as I don't usually like to be that close, although it would be a different experience down there for sure.

When going to the joe, the best place to sit in the joe, is literally everywhere in the joe.

I agree there's no bad seat in the house. Yes, you can go down to the lower bowl for warm ups. I've told this story before, my friend and I one time had seats 2 rows in front of the owners box. We got there early, found or seats, and decided to go down for warm ups. While heading down the stairs, the usher in our section asked us if we were going down for warm ups. We said "yes" and she pointed and told us, "Go that way, it's faster" :)

I agree, the Joe get's really loud, and people there have a great time. You can even feel the atmosphere when watching on TV.

I know we need a new arena, but I'll miss the place when we move into the new place.

I've only been to the Joe twice in my life, had seats in the upper bowl both times and loved it. There really isn't a bad seat in that arena and the atmosphere is electric. The fans are really into it.

As someone who went from watching games at the Civic Arena to Consol Energy Center, I can tell you that while the new arena is all new, clean and modern it can't hold a candle to the old barn. History, tradition and experience can't be replaced. I will seriously shed a tear when they tear it down, so enjoy it while you can.

Thank you everyone for all your tips on where to sit at the Joe. It has really helped!

Probably the best environment that I've been to is in Vancouver. Can't beat the environment in Canada.

I did go to a Playoff game in Anaheim. That was probably the worst atmosphere that I've been too. That playoff game felt like a Regular season game. But, it was nice to get 30 dollar playoff tickets also.

I've only been to the Joe twice in my life, had seats in the upper bowl both times and loved it. There really isn't a bad seat in that arena and the atmosphere is electric. The fans are really into it.

As someone who went from watching games at the Civic Arena to Consol Energy Center, I can tell you that while the new arena is all new, clean and modern it can't hold a candle to the old barn. History, tradition and experience can't be replaced. I will seriously shed a tear when they tear it down, so enjoy it while you can.

Something I've been wondering, is how I'll act when I exit the arena for the last time next season. I won't cry, I'm not that kind of guy, but I know I'll be choked up, savor the moment, and even say "goodbye". As much as I miss Tiger Stadium, I'll miss The Joe a lot more. It's only been since the Tigers moved to Comerica Park that they've been good, so the thing I miss most about Tigers Stadium is walking out from the dark concession area and seeing all the colors, the green grass, brown dirt, orange and blue seats, and green grass. The Joe, it's watching Yzerman, Shanahan, McCarty, Fedorov, Ozzie, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, etc, how loud the crowd gets, the red seats, Bud Lynch's voice, and a lot more. The Joe had it all! We're very lucky as fans to have our team and the arena.

Probably the best environment that I've been to is in Vancouver. Can't beat the environment in Canada.

Let us know how we compare to a Canadian city. I'm curious.

I've been to the Joe once. i sat behind one of the goals closer to the top row than the bottom. I wish i knew what side of the rink i was on, it was so many years ago. I was out of my element being in D-town for the first time

Loved it!