• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Pav hits 1000

Rate this topic

Well that's probably the first time I ever saw someone point out a milestone that adds regular season and playoffs.

When I saw the title of the thread I was thinking.....there's no way he's at 1,000 pts yet (I thought he was approaching 900)....so then I was thinking it might be a question as to what we think his chances are of getting to 1,000.

Well that's probably the first time I ever saw someone point out a milestone that adds regular season and playoffs.

When I saw the title of the thread I was thinking.....there's no way he's at 1,000 pts yet (I thought he was approaching 900)....so then I was thinking it might be a question as to what we think his chances are of getting to 1,000.

Indeed. I don't think he'll hit 1,000 points if he plans on retiring next season. It's a shame Holland couldn't provide him with a real winger these last few years.

I think his chances are slim, but it could happen. Espcially if he starts healthy next year and stays healthy, and especially if Holland gets a sniper to play next season....oh, it would help tremendously to get Helm off his line.

Right now he sits at .96 PPG so if he played 1000 games, he'd get to 960 points....that is why if he stays healthy this season and starts and stays next I say he'd get pretty close. With that average of .96 PPG he'd top 1000 points in if he played in 1042 games. Which is 127 more to play in! He'd have to play one more season after next to even get to 1000 games played, unless he turned into a iron man this rest of this season and next!

I think his chances are slim, but it could happen. Espcially if he starts healthy next year and stays healthy, and especially if Holland gets a sniper to play next season....oh, it would help tremendously to get Helm off his line.

Right now he sits at .96 PPG so if he played 1000 games, he'd get to 960 points....that is why if he stays healthy this season and starts and stays next I say he'd get pretty close. With that average of .96 PPG he'd top 1000 points in if he played in 1042 games. Which is 127 more to play in! He'd have to play one more season after next to even get to 1000 games played, unless he turned into a iron man this rest of this season and next!

Next season? This is what I hate about Holland. He even has the fans brainwashed to his ineptness. We need a guy NOW. Our team isnt getting any better next year than it is now. It's not like we have 3 Larkins and a Lidstrom in GR. They'd be up if we had them. We need our gomer pile GM to get Stamkos now. If not, Rangers, Capitals, Panthers all beat us. Not even a "but it could happen if ...".

I always look at the 120+ games guys like Pav , Nic #5 and Hank lost due to the lockouts and totals they could have had. The biggest loser on that front was Stevie Y who finished his playing career 54 pts behind Gordie, no doubt if he'd have stayed fit he would have surpassed Gordies records.

I always look at the 120+ games guys like Pav , Nic #5 and Hank lost due to the lockouts and totals they could have had. The biggest loser on that front was Stevie Y who finished his playing career 54 pts behind Gordie, no doubt if he'd have stayed fit he would have surpassed Gordies records.

Remember when his eye got dinged?

Next season? This is what I hate about Holland. He even has the fans brainwashed to his ineptness. We need a guy NOW. Our team isnt getting any better next year than it is now. It's not like we have 3 Larkins and a Lidstrom in GR. They'd be up if we had them. We need our gomer pile GM to get Stamkos now. If not, Rangers, Capitals, Panthers all beat us. Not even a "but it could happen if ...".

I'd love someone now, but we know Holland...I can only hope he gets a great deal in place by the deadline for a legit sniper, if not then, draft day, if not then July 1st. I always hold out hope for upgrade in O and D.

Indeed. I don't think he'll hit 1,000 points if he plans on retiring next season. It's a shame Holland couldn't provide him with a real winger these last few years.

Tatar's not a real Winger? Pav hit more than a point per game last year playing with Tatar. Tats had like 29 goals last year.

8.....8 goals from 700...That is an ELITE club! Oh well...

Who was the other winger on that line?

He also scored 97 points as Holmstrom as his winger. And Homer wasnt known for his scoring at all. Nonetheless he scored 65 points in 63 games with Helm on his line. What more would you want a 36 year old to do. Edited by kickazz

He also scored 97 points as Holmstrom as his winger. And Homer wasnt known for his scoring at all. Nonetheless he scored 65 points in 63 games with Helm on his line. What more would you want a 36 year old to do.

He could have scored more with a better winger than Helm. How many teams in the league would have a Helm playing on the 2nd line with their top playmaker as center?

I haven't really heard anything about him retiring next year....how much validity is there to that? Not that it would be shocking, he will be 39.

In terms of Yzerman, he's 95 points behind Howe I think, not 54....even 54 would have been a struggle to reach even if the lockout didn't happen.

He could have scored more with a better winger than Helm. How many teams in the league would have a Helm playing on the 2nd line with their top playmaker as center?

But you could also use the argument that Datsyuk always had the best winger on his line. (Tatar arguably was our best winger last year). And from 2001-2004 Datsyuk had a 700 goal scorer and a top rookie protege (Zetterberg 2002 and beyond) on his line. And follow that up with having a future Hall of famer on his winger throughout the mid to late 2000s (Zetterberg and at times Hossa). He even had Franzen who was our best goal scorer from 2009-2011. Pav always had great players around him. I agree that this year with Richards and Helm he was screwed over but historically speaking even up until last year he always had the teams top winger playing with him (since his rookie year). In addition to that Pav has always been able to generate his own offense. He's just that good. I think looking at just one year and ignoring the 12 other years is a bit nitpicky.

Again, I agree he was given some "Crappy" wingers this year. But I can't agree that he wasn't given max opportunity throughout this career and even into 2013 and beginning of 2014 (when he played with Z who was a PPG player and still a top 20 player) and into 2014/2015 when he played with Tatar (who was our top winger and top 15 goal scorer). Pav just prefers to have his other winger be a power forward (be it Homer, Abby, Helm).

And if you look at his numbers since 2009 - last year (when he played with Helm) was one of his best years point per game wise

Edited by kickazz

Ovechkin has a really good chance to catch Gretzky is he has all those lost games back as well. He's probably close to 600 goals by now. But it's all what ifs at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ovechkin only missed 34 games due to lockout...so that'd give him an extra 20 goals, not 100. Unless you are thinking he would have played the 04/05 year...which wouldn't have been a given and if he did, highly unlikely he would have put up big numbers (one less year of experience and quite a bit different of a game (rules) before the 05/06 year. If you assumed he played that year, anything beyond 30 goals would be really unrealistic I would think, so that put him out approx. 50 goals overall.

Let's not forget...at the age of 30, Gretzky had about 720 goals...after that, he missed some time due to lockout as well and got hurt right around the age of 30 and was never the same after that.

Ovechkin looks like he could take a run at 894, but I don't think he's really as close to making that a discussion point as many would think. He'd have to score 40 goals a year for the next 10 years...yeah, he'll probably score more than that some years, but 2 major variables: 1) will he play another 10 years to the age of 40? and 2) even if he does, those goal totals will start to drop dramatically as he ages...its inevitable.

Ovechkin only missed 34 games due to lockout...so that'd give him an extra 20 goals, not 100. Unless you are thinking he would have played the 04/05 year...which wouldn't have been a given and if he did, highly unlikely he would have put up big numbers (one less year of experience and quite a bit different of a game (rules) before the 05/06 year. If you assumed he played that year, anything beyond 30 goals would be really unrealistic I would think, so that put him out approx. 50 goals overall.

Let's not forget...at the age of 30, Gretzky had about 720 goals...after that, he missed some time due to lockout as well and got hurt right around the age of 30 and was never the same after that.

Ovechkin looks like he could take a run at 894, but I don't think he's really as close to making that a discussion point as many would think. He'd have to score 40 goals a year for the next 10 years...yeah, he'll probably score more than that some years, but 2 major variables: 1) will he play another 10 years to the age of 40? and 2) even if he does, those goal totals will start to drop dramatically as he ages...its inevitable.

Ovi absolutely would have played in the previous lockout year, and would have scored a lot (30+). Take a look at his rookie season and he is a generational talent.

You simply cannot compare how many goals Gretz had at age 30. Different era and Ovi is a pure goal scorer where Gretz was not. Ovi could play like Jagr until he's 43 or older, if he wants the record he will get it. He wants to be great. If he scores 30 goals for the next 10 years he passes Howe, and Ovi will definitely score more the 40 the next 3-4 years.

If you prorate Ovi to Gretz era he is over 600 goals.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=796548

OVIE1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DatsyukianDekes