• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/14 GDT : Red Wings at Arizona Coyotes, 9:00 EST

Rate this topic

Its funny, I was listening to this on the radio and thought to myself while it was still 2-0, "Well, if we could just somehow get two goals and at least get into OT, I'd be happy with that. 4-1-1 sounds better than 4-2." Then we scored that first goal and I was like "Screw OT, let's win it!" I can't get over the crowd, not only for this game, but for the whole road trip. We have a strong following out west. I don't know if it was new for this game, but it was nice see our $6 mil a year powerplay extraordinaire (Mike Green) actually playing on the FIRST powerplay unit. Nyquist is playing better, which is good news for us, even if its just to bump up his trade value. This is no small win. Arizona won their last 4 and to come back and win like that on the road is huge for our confidence.

Its funny, I was listening to this on the radio and thought to myself while it was still 2-0, "Well, if we could just somehow get two goals and at least get into OT, I'd be happy with that. 4-1-1 sounds better than 4-2." Then we scored that first goal and I was like "Screw OT, let's win it!" I can't get over the crowd, not only for this game, but for the whole road trip. We have a strong following out west. I don't know if it was new for this game, but it was nice see our $6 mil a year powerplay extraordinaire (Mike Green) actually playing on the FIRST powerplay unit. Nyquist is playing better, which is good news for us, even if its just to bump up his trade value. This is no small win. Arizona won their last 4 and to come back and win like that on the road is huge for our confidence.

Howard has to be feeling pretty weird right about now. Think his psyche is ok?

Gotta hand it to Dave Tippett. This Coyotes team is made up of spare parts plus OEL and a couple great rookies. Now they're finally getting competent goaltending and they're second in their division. You can't go anywhere with the kind of goaltending they got last year

9TLKd0cZMAjio.gif

Crazy..

Wow I can just sit and watch that forever!! It's awesome to be really excited about a rookie for the first time in a long time. Without him, who knows where the Wings would be. He's showing he's for real. The All-Star game sucks, but it's great that he got the nod. Easily the best player on the team this season. Keep it up Larks!!

Just noticed it looks like he screwed up the goalie by bouncing it off his pad on purpose then grabbing the rebound then eventually getting it to the open man while the yotes were all fixated on him. I dunno if i've seen that before. That's smart stuff.

Edited by chaps80

Wow I can just sit and watch that forever!! It's awesome to be really excited about a rookie for the first time in a long time. Without him, who knows where the Wings would be. He's showing he's for real. The All-Star game sucks, but it's great that he got the nod. Easily the best player on the team this season. Keep it up Larks!!

Just noticed it looks like he screwed up the goalie by bouncing it off his pad on purpose then grabbing the rebound then eventually getting it to the open man while the yotes were all fixated on him. I dunno if i've seen that before. That's smart stuff.

I think he was trying to slide it 5 hole

Haha Larkin deserves a ton of credit for that goal, but you can't actually believe he purposely didn't score on that grade A scoring opportunity, on what could have been a nomination for goal of the year, just so he could set DeKeyser up seconds later... I doubt Domingue failed to stop that shot because of anything Larkin did on that play prior to the great pass, it was just an unbelievable shot by DeKeyser...

Haha Larkin deserves a ton of credit for that goal, but you can't actually believe he purposely didn't score on that grade A scoring opportunity, on what could have been a nomination for goal of the year, just so he could set DeKeyser up seconds later... I doubt Domingue failed to stop that shot because of anything Larkin did on that play prior to the great pass, it was just an unbelievable shot by DeKeyser...

Domingue looked a step behind on the play. He was set in the net, but did'nt anticipate the pass. i agree it was a great shot by DeKeyser!! Perhaps bouncing the puck off Domingue's pad was'nt a planned move, but it sure looked that way when you watch that gif.