• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/17 GDT : Flyers (2) at Red Wings (1) Shoot Out

Rate this topic

Awesome GDT! I can't wait to watch this game, since those late west coast games and some extra hours at work I've been pulling I've been watching the games really late and half asleep...but not today. Fully rested, work free and ready to watch the Wings beat the Flyers. GO WINGS!

*Detroit's record is 23-14-7 with 53 pts

Seriously why is Pulkkinen on the 4th line and Helm still floundering his way on the 2nd unit? Why not bump Larkin up to play with Pav and Tatar and have Helm with Glendening and Jurco on L4, leaving Richards and Sheahan with Pulks?

Yes our lines have been fairly good and you don't really want to mess with the lineup while winning but it\'s not like we're setting the world on fire offensively. Pulks isn't a defensive player in the slightest and while he works hard, is better on a scoring line IMO.

I agree wings4thecup, but I also don't think Jurco should be stuck down on the 4th line. But I'm a little more okay with two of them down there (if that makes any sense...) because it makes it a little less like your typical 4th line. With two of them down there, that line now has some potential to add some scoring punch, and not spend the whole game defending. In saying that, I'd much prefer to see a 4th line something like Helm - Sheahan - Glendening, and have both Jurco and Pulkkinen in the top 9 where they belong. Sheahan has been great of late, but he is better suited in that 4th line role than either Jurco or Pulkkinen. I think there needs to be a trade though. We have a ton of depth up front, and on the back end, I think we should trade some depth for some key pieces (that are under contract beyond this season).

Good point about the 4th taking on a new dimension with both of them down there, kr!

I am sick of idiots here in PA asking me if my Wings jersey is a Flyers jersey. Now I want a blowout.

Pulks is on the 4th line because he is freshly back from a month and a half off. He will get PP time tonight. A guy like him can't go from bench for a month and a half and injured, to top 6 minutes and pp time, he would be gassed by mid 2nd.

Good point about the 4th taking on a new dimension with both of them down there, kr!

I am sick of idiots here in PA asking me if my Wings jersey is a Flyers jersey. Now I want a blowout.

Living in PA my self they aren't really the brightest of fans and I'm surrounded by them.

Abdelkader- Zetterberg - Nyquist

Darren Helm-Pavel Datsyuk-Tomas Tatar

Brad Richards-Riley Sheahan-Dylan Larkin

Tomas Jurco-Luke Glendening-Teemu Pulkkinen

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2016/01/red_wings_lineup_vs_flyers_tee.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+detroit-redwings+%28Detroit+Red+Wings+-+MLive.com%29