• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bill Berzeench

Ericsson, our Giant Teddy Bear

Rate this topic

Why does this guy have ZERO nasty? He gets punched in the face, and just stands there like nothing happened. This guy is ripped and heavy. Why does he not want to wreck opponents who jerk around with us?? It's so frustrating. This LINESMAN has more nads than Rig.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2016/1/18/10785936/minor-league-hockey-ref-punches-player-immediately-gets-clotheslined

Why does this guy have ZERO nasty? He gets punched in the face, and just stands there like nothing happened. This guy is ripped and heavy. Why does he not want to wreck opponents who jerk around with us?? It's so frustrating. This LINESMAN has more nads than Rig.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2016/1/18/10785936/minor-league-hockey-ref-punches-player-immediately-gets-clotheslined

6 yrs. $25.5M with a NTC....

Ericsson is actually a decent fighter, but doesn't do it enough. Him being off the ice for 5 minutes wouldn't hurt the team much. As stated in the previous post, he doesn't likely want to get injured and this organization does not believe in fighting anyway.

He's not alone. Quincey, Sheahan and DeKeyser are two other guys that are big teddy bears. We have some big guys, but they're just big windbags more than anything else.

6 yrs. $25.5M with a NTC....

You mean in hockey history there hasn't been one guy that made more money and actually played a mean game?

Edited by GMRwings1983

Fighting is on its way out anyways and just because he doesn't fight doesn't mean he doesn't play a tough game. More important to muck it up in the corners and in front of the goal then to fight every 3 games

Edited by joesuffP

Ericsson is actually a decent fighter, but doesn't do it enough. Him being off the ice for 5 minutes wouldn't hurt the team much. As stated in the previous post, he doesn't likely want to get injured and this organization does not believe in fighting anyway.

He's not alone. Quincey, Sheahan and DeKeyser are two other guys that are big teddy bears. We have some big guys, but they're just big windbags more than anything else.

You mean in hockey history there hasn't been one guy that made more money and actually played a mean game?

I should have put the :ninja: there.... I am always accusing the Swedish players of getting their "payday" and taking their career off. It's just me! :lol: But I truely believe it...I do.

Fighting is on its way out anyways and just because he doesn't fight doesn't mean he doesn't play a tough game. More important to muck it up in the corners and in front of the goal then to fight every 3 games

But does he play a mean game and use his size effectively? Do Quincey and DeKeyser have a mean streak and clear the crease? I don't think they do.

It's not just a lack of fighting.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I am a huge DD fan, but I also agree that he needs to "grow" into the game more. Whatever he is listed at, he doesn't play like he can control it. He plays kind of lanky and off balance....hopefully he grows more and get more balanced out there. He also has no mean streak in him, that is for sure!

But does he play a mean game and use his size effectively? Do Quincey and DeKeyser have a that mean streak and clear the crease? I don't think they do.

It's not just a lack of fighting.

I think E and Q play tough, even Smith most of the time but I agree DD needs to play with more of an edge. We're not giving up a lot of goals due to our defense being soft. We used to be much worse in that regard. I don't know our defensive numbers but to me I think we look much better defensively then we have for the last few years, partly due to goaltending. I think our offense is dreadful and hasn't been this bad since the 90's

I certainly hope not. I'm getting bored of the game as is :/ unfortunately.

In 5-10 years fighting will be banned in the NHL, and I believe that head shots will have extreme consequences. With what doctors know now and more and more former players being diagnosed with CTE after an early death, there is just no way the game will stay the exact same.

LOL. That was an insane video. :lol:

Canadians really have some issues.

Edited by GMRwings1983

This game really can get ugly at times, and these kids are taught at such a young age that attacking someone out of frustration is ok. I am all for physicality, but that is something I would never want my kids to be a part of.

This game really can get ugly at times, and these kids are taught at such a young age that attacking someone out of frustration is ok. I am all for physicality, but that is something I would never want my kids to be a part of.

I had guys on my own team start fighting each other during a playoff game last year. Four of our guys got ejected.... We lost. Other team was pretty confused.

I agree kliq. ...and for the record I wasn't trying to be contrarian. I just think there's a really really long way to go before we see fighting completely eliminated from the game.

As far as Ericsson goes, I'm going to reiterate that he needs to focus. Use the big body to muck in the corners, clear the crease, and keep his game as simple as possible. He's not a guy I want to see pinching in on the play or getting fancy with the puck. I also don't mind seeing him drop them every so often but I *do* like the fact that he often times just ignores the physical challenges and stares the guy down.

I agree kliq. ...and for the record I wasn't trying to be contrarian. I just think there's a really really long way to go before we see fighting completely eliminated from the game.

I didn't take it that way, I took it as you showing the problems hockey has. I agree with you to, I said 5-10 years, and my gut tells me it will happen closer to the 10 year mark then 5.

You have to have a pretty good hockey IQ to understand when to go out and level somebody with a nice clean hit, it's harder than just going out and deciding to cream people

Our Defensive strategy seems to be safe and conservative. Watch Winnepeg play, their probably the conplete opposite of our style and that's why their offense is good but their defense is bad

You have to have a pretty good hockey IQ to understand when to go out and level somebody with a nice clean hit, it's harder than just going out and deciding to cream people

Our Defensive strategy seems to be safe and conservative. Watch Winnepeg play, their probably the conplete opposite of our style and that's why their offense is good but their defense is bad

They whooped our asses

E will stand up for teammates though, but he doesn't hurt the team.

If he were to start goonin it up there would be even more outrage that his stupid penalties and lack of control hurt us.

And he usually does play physically in the corners and net front, I wish he'd be more physical but then he'd be hurt more often than he already is, and I for one don't want him to be completely useless the remainder of his contract. Even though he has the potential to be better than he plays (more often than not) he still is a solid top4 shutdown dman and losing him would hurt more than it would help, imo.

E will stand up for teammates though, but he doesn't hurt the team.

If he were to start goonin it up there would be even more outrage that his stupid penalties and lack of control hurt us.

And he usually does play physically in the corners and net front, I wish he'd be more physical but then he'd be hurt more often than he already is, and I for one don't want him to be completely useless the remainder of his contract. Even though he has the potential to be better than he plays (more often than not) he still is a solid top4 shutdown dman and losing him would hurt more than it would help, imo.

He does with his play. Him sitting in the box for 5 minutes wouldn't be the worst thing for the Wings.