• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Kronwall out 2-4 Weeks after Knee Scope

Rate this topic

Those acting as if Kronwall being out for a few weeks is a good thing are gonna get a rude awakening on how important he is to the team.

Yeah him and E take all the tough assignments and defensive zone draws night in night out. It's understandable why their numbers suffer

Great just what they needed to lose someone on D where they are weakest. Kronwall has not played well this year as far as i am concerned but he is still the second best D-man on the team. The worst part is this buys more time for Smith to play. Get Smith off the team or down in GR hopefully someone claims him. Enough of his garbage.

Actually I think we're pretty strong on D. It's our offence that seems to be able to score on average a goal a game :/

I still think this could be a blessing in disguise. If he had it scoped, odds are it has been bothering him for a while, which could explain his drop off in play this season. A bit less wear and tear on him and fixing that problem, could pay big dividends in the late season push and into the playoffs.

I still think this could be a blessing in disguise. If he had it scoped, odds are it has been bothering him for a while, which could explain his drop off in play this season. A bit less wear and tear on him and fixing that problem, could pay big dividends in the late season push and into the playoffs.

Absolutely agree, although it will be a tough few weeks without him.

Completely agree. Kronwall's play this year can be attributed to 1 of 3 things. Change in coaching, decline in skill set, or injury. The easiest one to fix quickly would be a minor injury. Lets hope he comes back after the scope and plays like the Kronwall of old (or at least close to it).

Completely agree. Kronwall's play this year can be attributed to 1 of 3 things. Change in coaching, decline in skill set, or injury. The easiest one to fix quickly would be a minor injury. Lets hope he comes back after the scope and plays like the Kronwall of old (or at least close to it).

Coaching has def affected the older players (still adjusting to it after decade of babcock hockey). But yea Kronner probably has a mix bag of issues going on in terms of his performance.

Edited by kickazz

The time off for Kronwall is something Detroit knew was coming, and coach Jeff Blashill told DetroitRedWings.com’s Bill Roose that Kronwall’s surgery was mapped out to coincide with the all-star break. The Red Wings’ break is seven days, Jan. 26 to Feb. 3.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/red-wings-lose-kronwall-for-2-4-weeks-miller-for-4-6-months-to-knee-injuries/

Hasn't been #55's best season but this will hurt. He logs 20 + minutes a game, plays special teams and contrary to the few he has made this year makes very few big mistakes. Quick recovery.

Hmmmmm, 4 weeks possibly?

Well, Marchy gets in of course, but maybe its also time to see another kid in town. Sit Ericsson and let XO, Sproul or Jensen come up for a bit, then switch back and forth with E...or whoever else needs a break. I'd give Jensen the assignment, we need to see if he is NHL ready...

Placed on LTIR....

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/red-wings-niklas-kronwall-headed-to-ltir/

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/st.-james-galli-roose-kronwall-to-ltir

"These are things that, anytime you have surgery, you don't know how quickly you're going to come back," Blashill said. "He was extremely hopeful he'd be able to come back in the minimum, but the reality is, lots of times it's not.

"We want him to come back 100% ready to go. Part of that 100% means having time to skate. Next week we hope to get him back on the ice going and then that will give him a good five days or so of skating to have the opportunity to be ready when when he's ready. It's really hard to throw a guy in when he's not 100% and expect him to play like he's 100% So we're gong to get him back to 100% so that the long term prognosis for Niklas Kronwall is that he's ready to go for the rest of the season and beyond."

The Feb. 14 game against Boston would be Kronwall's first eligible game, but that's really only a soft target until he gets back skating.

Blashill said that with the Grand Rapids Griffins paused for the AHL All-Star break, the plan for now is to go with the six healthy defensemen on the roster -- Danny DeKeyser, Mike Green, Brendan Smith, Kyle Quincey, Jonathan Ericsson and Alexey Marchenko.

"That's who we're going to play," Blashill said. "We're looking at potentially recalling somebody, but that decision will be made after they get back from the All-Star break."

Edited by LeftWinger

Not surprised. The original time frame of "2 weeks" seemed too good to be true for his age. I guess that's about 4 weeks of recovery. Fine by me, never hurts to get the extra rest as a veteran.

Edited by kickazz