No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/20 GDT : St. Louis Blues at Red Wings, 8:00 EST

Rate this topic

Not being able to get shots through from the point is huge

Terrible powerplay is huge

Abby being the only one willing to take a beating in front of the net is huge

Otherwise our game has structure but they look like their playing to not lose

Getting shots through from the point is not a personnel issue, any half ass team can score this way. It's a huge percentage of goals scored in this league are from the point and we get nothing from it

Am I the only one that's been way disappointed in Green's play? Like, I could kinda maybe stomach all the defensive lapses and him regularly getting walked like a dog if he was scoring goals or breathing some life into the powerplay. And I could kinda maybe stomach the ack of goals and powerplay points from the guy that was supposed to be our go-to offensive defensman if he was at least solid defensively. But he's really struggling on both sides of the puck lately.

This game was so frustrating. I think if we weren't so starving for goals the last few weeks this one would have been easier to stomach. Wings played alright, they never got manhandled by a streaking team or anything but my frustration is more in our players. You'd think they would be trying some new things. Our forwards and defensemen. We won't be making the playoffs unless they find a way to score some goals consistently. We're very lucky for picking up points in games we score 2 or less

Edited by joesuffP

Am I the only one that's been way disappointed in Green's play? Like, I could kinda maybe stomach all the defensive lapses and him regularly getting walked like a dog if he was scoring goals or breathing some life into the powerplay. And I could kinda maybe stomach the ack of goals and powerplay points from the guy that was supposed to be our go-to offensive defensman if he was at least solid defensively. But he's really struggling on both sides of the puck lately.

He's always been bad defensively, but now he's not producing offensively either. Washington knew what they were doing when they let him walk.

He's always been bad defensively, but now he's not producing offensively either. Washington knew what they were doing when they let him walk.

I think we were hoping that the old change of scenery would do the trick to get his offence clicking again. I even thought Green may be the answer to quarterback our powerplay too, so far no.

Edit: Also Datsyuk is getting the chances he just needs to get his finish back.

Nyquist needs to f$#@ing score, hes gone from snipe to wipe

Richards chances are going up and I think he'll start to bury more soon. Maybe they are all waiting for the playoffs to click for once

Edited by 13dangledangle

If you look at the way this team has been eliminated from the playoffs the last few years, it's always been due to lack of scoring.

In 2013, we scored 5 goals in the last three games of the series. All losses to Chicago. The goal scoring was better earlier in the series, but not when it counted the most.

In 2014, we scored 6 goals in a five game series against Boston. Ironically, the only game we won was a 1-0 score. No offense the entire series.

In 2015, we scored 2 goals in the final two games of the series. We had nothing to show offensively in game 7. Once again, the goal scoring let us down.

If you look at the way this team has been eliminated from the playoffs the last few years, it's always been due to lack of scoring.

In 2013, we scored 5 goals in the last three games of the series. All losses to Chicago. The goal scoring was better earlier in the series, but not when it counted the most.

In 2014, we scored 6 goals in a five game series against Boston. Ironically, the only game we won was a 1-0 score. No offense the entire series.

In 2015, we scored 2 goals in the final two games of the series. We had nothing to show offensively in game 7. Once again, the goal scoring let us down.

Well that's the thing. It's widely known we have zero snipers on this team. It's a bit embarassing to say that our best sniper in the last entire DECADE was Hossa for the 1 year he played, Franzen who never even hit 40 goals in his life (is that even a true sniper?) and Zetterberg who can barely break 10 goals now and was a former 30/40 goal scorer.

We went from having Shanahan, Yzerman, Fedorov to .... Franzen? (Zetterberg?) (1 year of Hossa?) and now no one. I don't consider Tatar and Nyquist snipers. Maybe mid tier snipers who do well in the season. But they need to be better in the playoffs, especially Nyquist.

We need a pure goal scorer. Mantha is supposed to be that guy and so is Pulkinnen but obvious they aren't even close to being there yet.

With that said, Tats and Nyquist have enough experience under their belt where they should theoretically be our go to guys in the playoffs. I understand the first few years for players is tough to adjust. But this is the year they have to be our scorers.

Edited by kickazz

Well that's the thing. It's widely known we have zero snipers on this team. It's a bit embarassing to say that our best sniper in the last entire DECADE was Hossa for the 1 year he played, Franzen who never even hit 40 goals in his life (is that even a true sniper?) and Zetterberg who can barely break 10 goals now and was a former 30/40 goal scorer.

We went from having Shanahan, Yzerman, Fedorov to .... Franzen? (Zetterberg?) (1 year of Hossa?) and now no one. I don't consider Tatar and Nyquist snipers. Maybe mid tier snipers who do well in the season. But they need to be better in the playoffs, especially Nyquist.

We need a pure goal scorer. Mantha is supposed to be that guy and so is Pulkinnen but obvious they aren't even close to being there yet.

What I don't get is why Sheahan isn't taking more shots at the net. His shot is crazy good when he's had a chance to use it.

Next time I turn the Wings on to see Helm playing on the same line as Datsyuk I will switch the channel lol. He belongs on an energy line and I think hes even lost his purpose on the team. What ever happened to him finishing every check?

Sheahan has only played good hockey when he was with Larkin. He was terrible last night again. Idk what is with everyone this year where they need a 19 year old to get them going. Seems the only line that can score is whichever Larkin is on. I don't think it's because he's amazing he just plays with a lot of energy and nobody else is doing that. I think Blash's message doesn't strike fear into players like they did with Babcock. They know how to play aggressive and physical, they just don't because they don't have to until their down by a goal with 10 minutes in the game

Sheahan pulled that Yzerman move last year. That's a hard goal to score in today's hockey and that fact that he could do it shows his potential. The only other guy on our team that did that a ton was Z when he was younger.

Here it is-

He should definitely shoot more.

Next time I turn the Wings on to see Helm playing on the same line as Datsyuk I will switch the channel lol. He belongs on an energy line and I think hes even lost his purpose on the team. What ever happened to him finishing every check?

Hardly anyone on this team finishes their checks. They'd rather try and poke the puck away rather than lay the body on a guy...

Funny that St.Louis game winning goal seemed like almost a carbon copy of that goal McDavid pulled on Mrazek earlier in the season. I wonder if it's just coincidence or if they finally figured out Mrazek's one on one weakness. For the record I don't blame Mrazek at all for those goals lol. Just thought it was interesting both guys pulled nearly identical moves

Funny that St.Louis game winning goal seemed like almost a carbon copy of that goal McDavid pulled on Mrazek earlier in the season. I wonder if it's just coincidence or if they finally figured out Mrazek's one on one weakness. For the record I don't blame Mrazek at all for those goals lol. Just thought it was interesting both guys pulled nearly identical moves

That's not a weakness. 90% of the time, goalies won't save a backhand forehand shot like that. The deke is that powerful. Not many players can even make a move like that to begin with.

Most goalies get beat on that so I'm not sure it's a weakness. He was coming with a lot of speed and made a great move at the last second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk