• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

robb himself

Joakim Andesson on Waivers

Rate this topic

Red Wings waive Joakim Andersson https://t.co/GnzcIRv2u3

per George as well...wonder if something is brewing? You think our former coach will claim him? Is it time for some excitement around here? Get ready guys, I think Holland is going to have something for us!!

I'm not falling for that one again.

corycross.jpg

Andersson will likely be in the lineup tonight against Buffalo, and Athanasiou is expected to be back in the lineup tonight against Rochester. Maybe they swap them after tonight's games, assuming Andersson clears waivers and is sent to Grand Rapids...

Although it's probably more likely that they're looking to call up a defender with Kronwall out for the next few weeks. Likely Ouellet, but I'd like to see Jensen or Sproul get a look.

Edited by krsmith17

Maybe it will be a new look for one of Sproul or Jensen because I'm pretty sure Ouellet is still injured. It was said that he may be back in the short term but I haven't heard or seen anything about him returning quite yet...

Andersson will likely be in the lineup tonight against Buffalo, and Athanasiou is expected to be back in the lineup tonight against Rochester. Maybe they swap them after tonight's games, assuming Andersson clears waivers and is sent to Grand Rapids...

Although it's probably more likely that they're looking to call up a defender with Kronwall out for the next few weeks. Likely Ouellet, but I'd like to see Jensen or Sproul get a look.

Highly doubt they'd call up athanasiou after he's been gone for all this time ... Probably a defensemen like you said but I'm kinda hoping they call up mantha and put him with datsyuk

Maybe it will be a new look for one of Sproul or Jensen because I'm pretty sure Ouellet is still injured. It was said that he may be back in the short term but I haven't heard or seen anything about him returning quite yet...

Definetly think it'll be one of the 2 ... They are both out of waivers as well as ouellet next season who will be a redwing .., we need to see what we have In sproul and Jensen

I hope it's sproul since he has more size and upside

Cory Cross beat the snot out of Steve Ott in his first game for us. I'll always appreciate him for that.

True. That was the manliest I felt as a Wings fan for about 10 years.

It's happening.

I don't know what it is, but it's definitely happening,

If by "it" you mean some stupid team is going to claim him, then I doubt it. He was decent in the 2013 playoffs but has done nothing since. A guy that any team could easily pull out of their minors.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Russo is still behind Jensen and Sproul in my opinion. He's putting up some pretty good points but his game still needs some work in my opinion. I wouldn't mind a swap of Callahan for Andersson either. The thing is, if we call up a forward, he may get a look for a couple games, with a defenseman, he may be a healthy scratch the whole time Kronwall is out, unless there's another injury on the back end...