• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

Dennis Wideman Suspended 20 Games

Rate this topic

So you essentially sacrifice your privacy if you want to appeal a league decision.

though I do see a problem with that, I don't know how the legal system would take it if it's an aggression, supposed something like Bertuzzi-Moore happened again. If it's that deliberate and there's harsher consecuences (i.e. physical) they'd have to go to all out and find as much as they can to resolve it. And if through that they could find that there was intention wouldn't it aggravate the case? Where does the NHL's jurisdiction ends?

If the "teammate" indeed turn over the text message, what a dick. I don't care if it was the wrong thing to text, or even if he hit the linesman on purpose, you don't dick over your friend that way. Of course they most likely aren't friends anymore and I don't doubt there is some retribution coming...and I don't blame Wideman if he does. It doesn't matter if what Wideman did was wrong or right, you don't rat out your fellow player unless you had an agenda. In the working world that is called being a company man. This "teammate" had no reason to rat him out on the text. He had no interest in the case, but now he is balls deep in it. Revenge will be sweet.

Again, I am not condoning the hit, nor even the stupid text, but man, what a dick move by the teammate. That is worse than the incident itself and I hope the rest of the team takes care of it. Unless Wideman sent out a multiple text to many teammates, then he knows exactly who it was and s***s gonna get real, really soon...

Some people deserve to get "ratted out." Wideman could be a world class douchenozzle who deserves whatever he gets.

Wideman isn't dumb he should have just accidentally smashed his phone and back up all the important data to an offline PC.

The whole notion of needing to give up your privacy if a player appeals is wrong and scary.

I'm pretty sure if he had to give up his phone legally, and then "accidentally" broke it, he would either lose his chance to appear or he would have to still show the content as I am pretty sure all text messages are saved on a server somewhere.

I'm pretty sure if he had to give up his phone legally, and then "accidentally" broke it, he would either lose his chance to appear or he would have to still show the content as I am pretty sure all text messages are saved on a server somewhere.

There are ways to do that without looking intentional and if the NHL thinks this will be scare other players from appealing they better think again. Macramella just said that the information is irrevelevant and I fully agree http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/macramalla-wideman-s-text-message-is-irrelevant-1.439644

It's exactly situations like this why I would never ever use a cloud service. I'm still sure the suspension will be reduced by the neutral arbitrator but by that time he will have lost more than 10 games already.

There are ways to do that without looking intentional and if the NHL thinks this will be scare other players from appealing they better think again. Macramella just said that the information is irrevelevant and I fully agree http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/macramalla-wideman-s-text-message-is-irrelevant-1.439644

It's exactly situations like this why I would never ever use a cloud service. I'm still sure the suspension will be reduced by the neutral arbitrator but by that time he will have lost more than 10 games already.

Ethics and relevancy aside, "the cloud" backs up everything. My point is that even if you don't use the cloud, I believe your text messages are saved on a server as well. This comes up in criminal cases all the time.

Edited by kliq

Report came out today saying that Henderson is still suffering from a concussion from the hit Wideman gave him.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14805442/nhl-referee-don-henderson-indefinitely-concussion-symptoms

Yeah. Honestly I think Wideman should just serve the suspension and move on. He's looking more and more like a diva. The text messages didn't help his case either. His rep is probably going to only get worse the more he and the NHLPA push this. The press will only feed off the drama and exploit the situation even more.

Edited by kickazz

Don Henderson, the NHL linesman knocked to the ice by Calgary Flames defensemanDennis Wideman, has undergone neck surgery to repair damage from the hit and there are fears his career may now be over, according to a report in the Boston Globe.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/07/30/report-nhl-linesman-henderson-required-neck-surgery-friends-fear-his-career-may-be-over/

That's terrible. Hopefully he has a healthy recovery and continues his career for years to come.

Wideman is probably s***ting his pants over a potential lawsuit if the ref doesn't recover. What an unfortunate series of events.

Edited by kickazz

53 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

I guess my question is would he have made $10 plus if he is able to continue officiating?

Linesman make about $80,000 to $120,000 per season, and again, this highly depends on the seniority of the linesman and how skillful they are.

Now, if a ref or linesman are picked to work during the playoffs, that will also lead to them earning that much more money. Typically, a referee will make $18,000 per round of the playoffs that they ref. One round will usually be about 2-3 games for that ref, depending upon which region they referee in.

Dan Henderson has been in the NHL since 94/95

here's a good read about NHL refs' salaries http://gazettereview.com/2016/10/highest-paid-nhl-referees/

Edited by NerveDamage