• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukianDekes

Sean Avery - Life After Hockey

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, Jersey Wing said:

Here is the review of the book. I guess Avery really did pay attention to the Yzermans, Hulls and Chelios' of the world

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/sean-avery-s-tell-all-book-delivers-the-goods

Dam the comments at the bottom of that article are mean lol

18 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sean Avery has 2 books? One called Icecapades and one called Offside? What's the difference?

Same book.

"The retired agitator’s autobiography, entitled Offside: My Life Crossing the Line in Canada and Ice Capades: A Memoir of Fast Living and Tough Hockey in the United States, comes out on Oct. 24"

I have no idea why he would give it 2 different names. I'm guessing the Canadian one is the original but didn't test well in the US without hockey and/or ice in the name.

11 minutes ago, Son of a Wing said:

Same book.

"The retired agitator’s autobiography, entitled Offside: My Life Crossing the Line in Canada and Ice Capades: A Memoir of Fast Living and Tough Hockey in the United States, comes out on Oct. 24"

I have no idea why he would give it 2 different names. I'm guessing the Canadian one is the original but didn't test well in the US without hockey and/or ice in the name.

Wowoweewhoa. Confusing. Many thanks for clarifying. I will order the obviously superior American version.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Wowoweewhoa. Confusing. Many thanks for clarifying. I will order the obviously superior American version.

Same. :blind:

The other version seems like it was advertised on fake news. 

Edited by kickazz

8 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Thought it would be douchy, but was actually very funny...Anyone remember why he was moved?

Ha I just watched this last night after it popped up on my youtube recommended

He was moved cause his personality 100%. He had to start drama everywhere he possibly could. He's like Rasheed Wallace, where when things start getting heated and it becomes a situation where most players lose their composure, Avery instead thrives. He's chaotic evil. That's sometimes a good thing in a player, but it always followed him off ice too. He was also a big drinker in his early years. I guess Chelios and he got along great because of this lol but Holland specifically forbade young Zetterberg from spending time with Avery outside of the rink because of this, so says Avery. Guy was a problem. He's a weird dude. Cool dude, but weird. Super vain and OCD. He strikes me as the type of guy who's good to go out for a beer with and that's it. Anymore time than that and he'll eventually drive you nuts. I suspect Torts was the only coach who could truly handle him.

Avery facing domestic battery and child abuse allegations

She alleges that Avery "entered my house (even though I asked him not to), climbed in bed with me (twice) and wouldn't leave. He grabbed me by the arms and shook me, twice.

Since then, Rhoda claimed that Avery had been walking past her house "several times a day."

Sean also yells, swears, and name-calls on a constant basis. He follows me, trying to get me to engage. He has engaged in many instances of physical abuse against me and against third parties. Sean has also been physically and emotionally abusive to our son, Nash.

Sean became irritated that our son woke up sick in the middle of the night. He screamed at me (in front of Nash) to go get Nash's 'f**king medicine,' and then aggressively punched the wall in Nash's bedroom and then punched our bedroom door. (Nash witnessed this and was scared and grabbing on to me)," Rhoda claims. "Sean then followed me to the kitchen, and as I was trying to get Nash's medicine, he ripped the cabinet door open -- slamming my finger between the open cabinet and the wall.

Avery "body slammed Nash on his changing table," which she claimed left the toddler "so afraid" that "he cried uncontrollably and couldn't catch his breath.

Sean has screamed at Nash," she alleged. "Sean has purposefully endangered Nash by not putting him in his car seat properly; driving erratically; putting Nash in the front seat (without a car seat); smoking marijuana and then immediately driving with him; leaving his marijuana and cigarettes on the ground for Nash to access.

Shortly thereafter, Rhoda informed Avery that she planned to file for divorce. She alleged that he responded that he would "kill himself," and then sent her a text message that read, "I don't think I'll make it thru this [with a broken heart emoji]." After she went through with her divorce filing, Rhoda alleged that Avery told her they were going to "war" and said he would "destroy" her.

It was around that same time, Rhoda alleged, that Avery "admitted to me he was addicted to oxycontin, and he blamed his addiction as the reason for all of his 'bad behavior.'" He was previously arrested for criminal possession of a controlled substance in 2015.

I don't think Sean did it