• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DrRoCkSo_46

New NHL website design....

Rate this topic

Not cool!

I really don´t like it and it kind of didn´t help that it took me a while to figure out how to hide scores. (even though I didn´t have to go through the loss vs. the panthers that way)

Is there any possibility of watching the "condensed replay"?

I agree with HMH, the new design ruined(even more) the game vs Tampa. The whole site feels like a cheap mobile version. It seems it's no longer GCL, NHL TV apparently. Cool thing is they now have the radio broadcasts, but overall feels really minimalistic and bleh. Don't like it so far.

Edited by NerveDamage

The first word that came to mind was something like Wordpress with an NHL skin.

this thing is even worse than the re designed TSN one because I looks so cheap unreal at least TSN has some nice elements but boy did the NHL screw up here. Not that I visited that site often but now I can't find anything and who in his right mind thought iframe like site scrolling would be a good idea? honestly create one site designed for Desktops and one minimalistic

It's kinda funny how the public response typically is negative when the NHL updates their website. Each time it's updates the majority of people hate it. It makes me wonder what the current response would be if the NHL reverted to the web design they had back in 2005.

But I hate it lol

I agree it's horrible, but the playback quality on Game Center has improved drastically for me since the change though, so that's a plus.

I hate it... and for whatever reason, Game Center went the other way for me... hard to connect, stops/lags/loops and repeats the feed/horrible video quality. My assumption is they went to a cheaper server to save some money - and too damned bad that the quality to the customer now sucks. Thanks, Bettman.

It stinks.

I was meandering on the site last night and couldn't find the "headphone icon" for radio coverage. Have they done away with free radio coverage?

Maybe they've just hired someone who was fired from TSN. Or, someone related to Uncle Gary was just hired.

No, it's there. You have to sign on to the GameCenter feed and then look under a drop down on the upper right hand side of the feed, where it says alternative views.

Sigh...

No, it's there. You have to sign on to the GameCenter feed and then look under a drop down on the upper right hand side of the feed, where it says alternative views.

Sigh...

but don't you need a GCL (or NHL TV) account in order to get to that part? I think that's what Cusimano_Brothers meant by "with free radio coverage" You can still access free radio in the Red Wings site

I like to do a quick peek to see who is playing and when. It used to have 6 or so games that you could see when you logged on. Now it's about 3.

The website was one thing that they had right before. At least you can access the standings in the same way. That's mostly what I go there for.

it is definitely better than it used to, but it also frigging slow.

I wonder if a new NHL partner, SAP has anything to do with it, these brain-dead idiots can enthusiastically work out Ferrari-like idea into rotten Zaporozhec.

Just wanted to say, that letting aside the new design, there are some issues with the service. I was late watching, or trying to watch the Isles-Wings game tonight and the streaming was really really bad. For a moment there it took me back to when I used to "watch" the games via dial-up modem or a really bad illegal stream. Seriously it took me as much as the game skip some parts, like the zamboni incident, as long as it would have taken me to sit through the whole thing. Anyways, one can get used to any design they can come up with but please try to keep a decent service at least.

I'm really surprised people are having problems with the streaming, my experience has been the opposite. It used to lag and drop resolution levels constantly and since the change its been the best streaming experience I've ever had, even the audio is crisper.

The app design is awful however, it's much more difficult to navigate to the boxscore and the layout is a jumbled mess.

To me, this looks like a budget website. They may have contracted this out to some new company to build and it's terrible. Someone in an early post mentioned the site speed, how it loads slow and I just had to run a speed check on it. Whats really sad is that they didn't put an ounce of effort into optimizing the speed, which has many downfalls.

PageSpeed