• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DrRoCkSo_46

New NHL website design....

Rate this topic

Looks OK, but yes they could have done better.

This is weird. I never changed my avatar but it reverted back to one I used years ago. Must be related to LGW crash last week (speaking of websites ;))

Edited by GMRwings1983

Slow, can't find anything, have to scroll to find older articles because they've got rid of the page 1,2,3 option oh and of course more clicks than ever to find the important stuff. Glad the NHL followed suit with an even worse cheap mobile first site

Fast on my computer. What can't you find?

I get the frustration of learning a new layout and being resistant to change but TSNs does make sense if you take the little time required to figure it out.

It even offers more content then ever before.

Fast on my computer. What can't you find?

I get the frustration of learning a new layout and being resistant to change but TSNs does make sense if you take the little time required to figure it out.

It even offers more content then ever before.

Older articles, news - before all I needed to do was to go to page 10 and find the oldest news in the DB now this would take me hours or endless "load more" pressing not going to do that

Shows

4 freaking clicks to find stuff like Leafs Lunch - that's just bad design could have been easily avoided with mouseover menus

if I'm looking for a player I hae to go through stupid side scrolling, same goes for the standings section ---> not going to do that

and even worse before the new layout I knew the hockey-section would only have information about hockey but if I click on the Radio, show stuff I'm also "!greeted with useless non hockey-stuff"

And still the NHL managed - to get this back on topic - to make their site worse that's how bad the new design is.

Initially despised it but have gotten used to it. Like when any website changes, takes some getting used to. Video highlights are still there - I found them to actually be improved with better editing of the television call for each side. Go to "Scores" and then "Videos" after clicking on the game you want to view. At least the nhl.com redesign seems not majorly drastic; I can still locate everything I once did as they are generally in the same spots. ESPN redesigned their website months back and I cannot stand it, never use it unless I really have to.

Also as far as free radio, I have found using the Radio.com app to access 97.1 The Ticket works very well (or directly 971theticket.com), though it is about 30 seconds behind for me, which I view as manageable if I don't have Twitter open.

so I wrote to Nhl.tv because my service it's still pretty pretty bad. And this is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting NHL.TV. We appreciate the time that you have taken to write, and welcome the opportunity to respond.

We appreciate your feedback because we are always grateful to receive feedback from dedicated hockey fans such as yourself.

Regards,
NHL.TV Support""

...So pretty much a big F you

Nhls new site lacks something and it annoys me. The ability to see what the standings were on any given day in any given year. So if you wanted to compare to where we were this time last year points wise you can't do it on nhl.com anymore

so I wrote to Nhl.tv because my service it's still pretty pretty bad. And this is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting NHL.TV. We appreciate the time that you have taken to write, and welcome the opportunity to respond.

We appreciate your feedback because we are always grateful to receive feedback from dedicated hockey fans such as yourself.

Regards,

NHL.TV Support""

...So pretty much a big F you

I would respond to them with an attachment showing a picture of account canceled

Does anyone use NHL Vault? I know that recently you had to be a Gamecenter subscriber to get it, and now it's completely gone.

what? is it gone? I used to watch replay games whenever possible. Like the past Wings Playoff runs or Stanley Cup appearances. I hope they add some more things to the international plans, because it's really not that good. Don't know if there's special shows or clips available for N.A. users.

Edited by NerveDamage

Yes yes you should, well I don't know when you've bought it but you should be able to get your money back if it hasn't been longer than 2 weeks.

This is my 3rd season with GCL, and the good part about it is that I pay the same price since the first year, even though the price has gone up quite a bit (around $30 usd).

I never really go to the NHL website except to check standings occasionally. I just went to the standings and...wtf? The old site looked nice and sleak, well laid out. The new standings page looks like someone just uploaded an excel spreadsheet circa 1999.

Its 2016 and the NHL is a multi billion dollar industry. There is no excuse for such a s*** website.

I've noticed that when you go to the standings, you have to pass by another screen to get to "wild card". Let's be real here- does anything other than that really count? You want to know where your competition is as well, and that involves knowing who has the wild card spots.

I've also noticed that the teams are not on the top any more. You can still get to each team's website, but you have to click the "team" button first.

Neither of these are terrible things, but they have gone from being user-friendly to being less so. The site has definitely taken a step backwards.