• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Flyers/Penguins Winter Classic 2011....I mean 2017

Rate this topic

giphy.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/penguins--flyers-will-play-outdoor-game-in-2017--report-234105927.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw

The scuttlebutt at the Winter Classic last month was that the 2017 edition of the event would either take place in Toronto, as part of the Maple Leafs’ centennial celebration, or feature a showdown between the Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins.

The decision’s yet to be made, but ESPN’s Scott Burnside reports that the Flyers vs. Penguins game is all but booked for next season – likely at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, marking the first time the NHL has revisited a venue. The Penguins hosted the Washington Capitals in 2011 in the Winter Classic.

I'm officially at the point where these things don't excite me anymore. Even if the Wings were playing next year I just don't see myself getting pumped over them. Which is a shame cuz ir was the best thing to happen to hockey for a while. At least someone's making a ton of money off them still.

I'm officially at the point where these things don't excite me anymore. Even if the Wings were playing next year I just don't see myself getting pumped over them. Which is a shame cuz ir was the best thing to happen to hockey for a while. At least someone's making a ton of money off them still.

They should rename it the been there done that classic. Also wth NHL? The Leafs are celebrating their 100 birthday next year so not giving it to them is disgusting after all they are one of the teams responsible for keeping a lot of teams alive.

That being said what makes the NHL think rehashing teams is going to fix the destroyed format? Not even the last real rivalry in hockey will do much..I mean Montreal Boston 2 original 6 teams couldn't save that event..

Can't wait for the 2018 wc between Toews and Ovechkin

sportsnet reporting could be blues/blackhawks winter classic next year. so seems to be some conflicting reports

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-blues-could-host-2017-winter-classic/

friedman also said on cbc tonight that leafs could host the herritage classic the day before the winter classic

Meh. For me, nothing can top the WC at the big house. I got what I wanted, it was an awesome experience, and I stopped caring.

yea that was awesome. froze my ass off but it was worth it

Meh. For me, nothing can top the WC at the big house. I got what I wanted, it was an awesome experience, and I stopped caring.

That's the one I keep kicking myself over, I was out of the loop and found out too late to make plans to go. I get chills whenever I see the Chelly Celly.

Edited by NerveDamage

I think they should change the format to the Stanley Cup Champion against different opponents. Just suggestion...

I am not a fan, but when is Minny going to get in one of these? If we're talking new and exciting every year... I think a Minny/Dallas game would be a good one in the State of Hockey....not to be bias (since we've been to a couple) but what about Hockeytown vs. The State of Hockey? Either of those two matchups will draw a ton more viewer than Pit v. Philly....oh boy, those are two hot ass teams playing right now that everyone wants to go sit out in the artic weather to watch!

How about the Isles? I don't think they've been in one yet, have they?

Edited by LeftWinger

I think they should change the format to the Stanley Cup Champion against different opponents. Just suggestion...

I am not a fan, but when is Minny going to get in one of these? If we're talking new and exciting every year... I think a Minny/Dallas game would be a good one in the State of Hockey....not to be bias (since we've been to a couple) but what about Hockeytown vs. The State of Hockey? Either of those two matchups will draw a ton more viewer than Pit v. Philly....oh boy, those are two hot ass teams playing right now that everyone wants to go sit out in the artic weather to watch!

How about the Isles? I don't think they've been in one yet, have they?

Don't the Wild have a Stadium Series game coming up in 2 weeks?

I'm not sure, but I think I'd rather watch them at the WC over PIT/PHL again....especially since those two teams aren't really relevant this year...even with the Cup winner idea, at least you're getting to watch a great team (most the time) play. Outside of Pennsylvania, who the hell wants to watch pit/phl play again....I still think it would be cool to bring a warm weather team up somewhere to play. Why not LA or Anaheim at The Isles or Wild? Florida or Tampa at Boston....heck, I thought they have outdoor arenas they can put in the heat now...how about instead of the battle for Pennsylvania, how about the battle for Florida or California or Arizona vs. Dallas? Anything but the same old teams over and over and over...I like Detroit being there, but I almost like the Eve game better than the WC, its more of a tradition...

Please no, sure give Toronto their Winter Classic but please against another team. The Wings have been involved almost every other year, it's just enough. The big house game will never be topped and my mind has been the best Winter Classic ever. But it's time to get some new teams into this thing. I mean how about the battle of Canada Leafs vs Senators?

oh of course Crosby has to be in at least 5 times in 6 years

It doesn't matter to me. I don't watch the game unless the Wings are playing in it anyways, so the Pens could play in it every year for all I care. The Wings are rumored to play another game that day anyways.

I honestly forgot about the Classic this year. I don't remember who played in it. And I forgot about our outdoor game, too, until about a week ago.