• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

2/8 GDT : Florida Panthers at Detroit Red Wings, 7:30 EST

Rate this topic

Disclaimer: I only saw the highlights.

Thought the hit was clean, unfortunate, but clean.

Barkov was in a bad position, still surprised that he didn't get a game,simply because who really knows what will get a suspension and what won't these days!

Disclaimer: I only saw the highlights.

Thought the hit was clean, unfortunate, but clean.

Barkov was in a bad position, still surprised that he didn't get a game,simply because who really knows what will get a suspension and what won't these days!

I think this is the biggest reason Abby didn't receive any disciplinary action. He catches Barkov's head, but I don't think you can say he was targeting it at all.

Contrary to some of the posts I've seen by Panthers fans around the net, I don't see Abdelkader leaving his feet or targeting Barkov. By the time he committed to the hit, Barkov had turned around and his head was down. As you said, I think the best way to describe it is as "unfortunate".

Edited by Jesusberg

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25478245/panthers-angry-about-cheap-shot-from-red-wings-justin-abdelkader

Clean hit, and Abby answered the call from MacKenzie, but I still would not be surprised if Shawn Thornton was in lineup next meeting in March, especially if Barkov misses significant time. Detroit is the only team in the NHL that takes hits to their star players lightly, so I don't think this is over.

Might get 1 or 2 games tbh

Hard to avoid these kinds of collisions. Calling it intentionally dirty is stupid

Expect Florida to goon it up the next time we play them. Did the same for the Ekblad injury, even though that was ten times worse

They'll goon it up?

Are we playing the 2002 Panthers next time we face them?

Seems kinda similar to the Miller hit. Neither was a blindside hit and they both had enough time to brace for the impending collision and make any necessary adjustments, but in both instances their head wasn't in the right place when the hit finally came. I don't think either player explicitly targeted the head either. Abby's arms were tight to his body, he wasn't reaching out to make contact with the head, but that's the natural path his shoulder was already on. Those people who believe in players being partially responsible for their own health should be a fan of the nonsuspension.

They'll goon it up?

Are we playing the 2002 Panthers next time we face them?

Umm no? Panthers have plenty of guys that are willing to take liberties and based on their interviews they're going to be livid with the no suspension. I think we play them again soon too

Umm no? Panthers have plenty of guys that are willing to take liberties and based on their interviews they're going to be livid with the no suspension. I think we play them again soon too

The refs and our powerplay will protect us. Florida has Thornton and a few other guys that are willing, but they can't goon it up any better than the 2006 Wings could.

The refs and our powerplay will protect us. Florida has Thornton and a few other guys that are willing, but they can't goon it up any better than the 2006 Wings could.

I'd be more scared of getting run over and extracurricular stuff in scrums and what not then having to answer in a fist fight, which Abby can handle himself more than anyone of the team. Panthers are a very big team and they are super pissed

I'd be more scared of getting run over and extracurricular stuff in scrums and what not then having to answer in a fist fight, which Abby can handle himself more than anyone of the team. Panthers are a very big team and they are super pissed

In that case, we will sign McGrattan, Brock Lesnar and Geralt of Rivia for the next time we face them. That should quiet them down.