• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/10 GDT : Ottawa Senators at Red Wings, 7:00 EST

Rate this topic

Nyquist burned him pretty good in the first period and was in all alone but wasn't able to beat Andersson. That would have blown up all over Twitter for sure had he scored.

And here is the link of the said burn -

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/Ca5KpJDXIAAQlS2.mp4

Anyways - that's one of the reasons I was against the whole Wings - Phaneuf trade. He's not that good and his salary sucks for it. But I think being a Senator will do him some good. Least he doesn't have to deal with Toronto fans anymore.

I saw the game on Sportsnet last night, instead of watching Fox Sports Detroit online, it was a Phaneuf love fest :zzz:

Canadian hockey broadcasters are a joke! It's like when Pierre McGuire and Gord Miller are calling the game. They spend half the game talking about Jr. Hockey. It's like, "Hey guys, there's a game going on, enough of the Jr. Hockey talk"

I saw the game on Sportsnet last night, instead of watching Fox Sports Detroit online, it was a Phaneuf love fest :zzz:

Canadian hockey broadcasters are a joke! It's like when Pierre McGuire and Gord Miller are calling the game. They spend half the game talking about Jr. Hockey. It's like, "Hey guys, there's a game going on, enough of the Jr. Hockey talk"

I don't mind the Canadian broadcast for a change of opinion sometimes. They're just biased, which is to be expected; theyre airing to a Canadian broadcast so the majority of the viewers will be cheering for the Senators.

Imagine watching a FSD feed from another team's perspective.... Mickey and Ken are the biggest homers in the league haha. It would actually be unbearable to watch if you're a fan of another team

Imagine watching a FSD feed from another team's perspective.... Mickey and Ken are the biggest homers in the league haha. It would actually be unbearable to watch if you're a fan of another team

Actually, I listen to the broadcast as a fan of the Wings, but also notice that Mickey (in particular) is quick to point out other teams' stellar play, as well as to criticize the Wings where it's legitimate. I think Kenny and Mick for the most part are very fair, and far more knowledgeable than a lot of other team announcers. Try listening to a SJ feed if you want to hear homerism at its finest. Oh, my...

Edited by puckloo39

Actually, I listen to the broadcast as a fan of the Wings, but also notice that Mickey (in particular) is quick to point out other teams' stellar play, as well as to criticize the Wings where it's legitimate. I think Kenny and Mick for the most part are very fair, and far more knowledgeable than a lot of other team announcers. Try listening to a SJ feed if you want to hear homerism at its finest. Oh, my...

I agree with this to an extent. Obviously there's some wings bias with Ken and Mickey and that's gonna show, but unless Mick is having one of those days, he calls em how he sees em. I think he gets a bad rap about being very homeristic because if a fan of another team happens to watch our broadcast and Mickey does his blatant praise or scolding, people can easily take that as being homerish, especially if they aren't around to see when Mickey calls out a Wings' player for something dumb or compliments an opposing player. He's come to the defense of opposing players plenty of times when a stupid penalty is called against them, also.

I agree with you, I think Mickey tries to give the other team credit at times. I've for sure noticed that he'll at the very least make an effort to not be completely biased. I think I went over the top saying they are the biggest homers in the league, but they are for sure worse than the Canadian broadcast when it comes to homerism. I'll tune into a TSN/SN feed if it's available, just to get a different announcer's perspective and different camera angles.

Most of us are just used to FSD so when we tune in to the Canadian one, it can be a bit of a culture shock to see a 60/40 bias. From what I've noticed, Canadian sports shows tend to just jump on the bandwagon of whichever team or player is playing better and they'll toot that horn for the whole game. I think were pretty fortunate though, because the most popular American teams here in Canada are PIT and CHI, along with DET, so even on Canadian TV we can get some favorable commentating.

My summary: FSD is more biased than SN :)

Edited by WingsallTheway

Glad to hear about the positive news regarding DeKayser could have turned out really ugly.

I think we looked a bit more stable in our penalty kill last night. Granted, it partly depended on the Senators not being able to set up a decent power play on their own account, but still, that 5 on 3 in the third never looked overly dangerous.

D-Boz/Boss not as sharp as hen can be but he still causes all sorts of problems with his speed. And capt Z's goal was a beauty, good game and win.