• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

The Petr Mrazek Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

Should have had back to back shutouts tonight

Why? Was that third period goal a fluke or something? I was there in person and at the opposite side of the building, I really couldn't see how it went in.

Edited by kliq

Why? Was that third period goal a fluke or something? I was there in person and at the opposite side of the building, I really couldn't see how it went in.

Ericsson had an easy clear which would have ended the PP... Looked like he was going for the empty netter and lobbed it right to Karlsson and they scored seconds later

Ericsson had an easy clear which would have ended the PP... Looked like he was going for the empty netter and lobbed it right to Karlsson and they scored seconds later

Not sure you can put 100% blame of that goal on E. Sure he may have made a mistake, but failed clearing attempts on the PK happen every game. At the end of the day Mrazek played a great game, but he let in a goal. When you let in a goal, you don't deserve a shutout. Not taking anything away from him, but it is what it is. Its not as if E scored on his own net.

OK so if you were at the opposite end and couldn't see how do you know he just "let one in"?

The final score was 3-1...hence, just one.

This thread is bang on, topic wise. Mrazek has been fantastic for this team and I'm glad he's wearing the winged wheel. Leave Big E alone. I've always called him Errorson, but that's for a different thread. Three cheers for Mrazek!

Edited by Hack & Whack Rule!

Not sure you can put 100% blame of that goal on E. Sure he may have made a mistake, but failed clearing attempts on the PK happen every game. At the end of the day Mrazek played a great game, but he let in a goal. When you let in a goal, you don't deserve a shutout. Not taking anything away from him, but it is what it is. Its not as if E scored on his own net.

He may as well have.

NEVER STICK UP FOR ERICSSON

Mrazek has all the tools to be one of the greatest of all time. Couldn't be more excited for him and Larkin.

Edited by WingsallTheway

Hasek has the best save percentage of all time, I think. Pretty sure he held at least one of those title while he was a Wing.

I believe Hasek had the best save percentage ever as of recently, but Rask and Schneider have passed him (although you can put a fast asterisk next to that because of the era they play in).

I just went on hockey-reference.com and it doesn't appear he ever led the league in save percentage or GAA while he was a Red Wing.

Terry Sawchuck?

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/teams/detroit-red-wings-goalies-career-nhl-stats.html

Mrazek has the best career GAA (2.10 in 76 gp) of any Red Wings goalie all-time so far, except for Will Cude with a 1.52 in 29 gp, followed by Glenn Hall with 2.12 in 148, and Hasek with 2.13 in 176 and Manny Legace with 2.18 in 180. Sawchuk 2.44 in 734 gp

And yeah, I think Sawchuk might be the last one in 51-52 and 52-53 with a 1.90 GAA

Edited by NerveDamage

He has been nothing short of amazing. Especially when you consider how pathetic this team is on defense. Watching guys like Smith, Green, Kindl and Ericson turn it over game after game is so frustrating. I really wish Smith would get moved to forward.

Edited by Krayzie_Bone

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/teams/detroit-red-wings-goalies-career-nhl-stats.html

Mrazek has the best career GAA (2.10 in 76 gp) of any Red Wings goalie all-time so far, except for Will Cude with a 1.52 in 29 gp, followed by Glenn Hall with 2.12 in 148, and Hasek with 2.13 in 176 and Manny Legace with 2.18 in 180. Sawchuk 2.44 in 734 gp

And yeah, I think Sawchuk might be the last one in 51-52 and 52-53 with a 1.90 GAA

You could say that about pretty much any goalie in today's league. The list of top 25 save percentage leaders in NHL history is full of nothing but current players (minus Hasek).

What Mrazek is doing is impressive, but I wouldn't bring NHL history into this when you look at the context.

FYI, Jimmy Howard is 18th all time in save percentage. See what I mean?

Edited by GMRwings1983