• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

'16-'17 The Joe's Farewell Season

Rate this topic

I have never been and plan on making my first, and last pilgrimage there sometime in the next year.

Me too. My perfect plan would be to go to Detroit, watch a couple of Wings games, a Lions game, then head to Grand Rapids and watch the Griffins. But I have to attend at least 1 game at the Joe.

Me too. My perfect plan would be to go to Detroit, watch a couple of Wings games, a Lions game, then head to Grand Rapids and watch the Griffins. But I have to attend at least 1 game at the Joe.

Do yourself a favor while in Grand Rapids area....remain (or become) a fan of awesome beer and breweries, and you'll be in heaven. Ohhh my are they spoiled in that regard.

I've been to the Joe a bunch of times but I'll definitely be making one last visit before it closes down. I'd love to go to the last regular season game next season. I'd also love to go to the home opener in the new building in 2017... I doubt I'll be able to do both though, unfortunately...

I've been to JLA over 100 times now and while I'm excited for the new building, I don't think any rink in hockey sans the ORIGINAL Original 6 venues will ever compare to the atmosphere of the Joe.

You've never been to a Florida Panthers game, though, so how can you say that?

tis also Pav's last year of his contract.....Wonder if he'll sign another year deal to usher in the new barn? Let's hope so!

I feel old knowing that I can remember going to the Joe the first season (as a 9 year old) and now it's closing it's doors...life must go on!

I asked about this yesterday, but how much are tickets going to increase both at the JLA for the last season and the new stadium for the inaugural season?

I imagine the increase will be steeper than usual.

Yeah I saw it, Vladdy mentioned something about her tickets for the flyers at $200. I don't know, what's the price range at the Joe? You know they're gonna pump up the price. It would be cool to know since i'd like to make my pilgrimage to the Joe next season.

Edited by NerveDamage

I've been on the fence about renewing my season ticket plan this year as the exchange is such a killer. Though, because I want to go to the last regular season game without paying $300/ticket I ended up renewing.

I'm excited for the arena, but nervous as with the Joe I can get out and over the border in like 20min (not leaving early) and am not sure if this will be the case with the new arena.

Do yourself a favor while in Grand Rapids area....remain (or become) a fan of awesome beer and breweries, and you'll be in heaven. Ohhh my are they spoiled in that regard.

They were voted Beer City USA (in national polls) as well as Best Beer town & Best Beer Scene in USA today....Now Im sold

(source:http://www.experiencegr.com/things-to-do/beer-city/)