• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

2/14 GDT - Bruins at Red Wings - 3:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

...and typically, when they have a bad game. They get the hook and get to rest. Something Mrazek just might need.

Maybe he was given the option and didn't want the rest. Wanted to finish the game. He strikes me as that type of player. Goalies are coddled way too much nowadays anyways.

Tonight he needed the team to bail him out for once. He'll shake this one off and come out strong and confident next game as he usually does.

Edited by chaps80

The way I see it mrazek has won several games for us this season by standing on his head, when the rest of the team was snoozing at times. Tonight mrazek wasn't at his best but the guys all stepped up and won this game for mrazek. King Henrik , price, rinne and quick have all had games like this. When it came down to it in the 3rd petr made a few timely key saves to keep us in the lead. The game wasn't pretty but the team came together.

Like others have said petr always responds with a lights out game after a rough outing so I would actually like to see petr play again tomorrow. I think he will see lots of rubber tomorrow being back to back and he will be up to the task.

Funny, when Howard is having one of those it's always trade him now, he's lost it...bad of course if Mrazek is having a bad game it's he will bounce back. For the record I don't care who is in net, as long as whoever it is get's the job done and watching some highlights - missed the game because of VT - from last night he didn't.

I have no idea why he has green and smith together. Both are turnover machines and - players. Smithc gives up the fist goal because he is a clown. Smith should play wing on the 4th line not defence. Green has been a total disaster. his plus minus is a joke.

Yah, what a game but glad we got a W in our own division and didn't give them one. TB lost so that's good as well.

Didn't do Mrazek's statistics any favor with a 5 goal night but it should all average out hopefully and keep him in the top 3!

Yah, what a game but glad we got a W in our own division and didn't give them one. TB lost so that's good as well.

Didn't do Mrazek's statistics any favor with a 5 goal night but it should all average out hopefully and keep him in the top 3!

I won't think anything of it. All great goalies have a bad outing now and again.

I have no idea why he has green and smith together. Both are turnover machines and - players. Smithc gives up the fist goal because he is a clown. Smith should play wing on the 4th line not defence. Green has been a total disaster. his plus minus is a joke.

His +/- is (-7), not great, but far from "a joke".

I thought yesterday's win was HUGE for this team. For the most part, its a pretty young group of inexperienced players which is why this team is so streaky sometimes. They blew the first three teams out of the water in this homestand and won, then dominated the Avs, yet lost. That can be tough to overcome. Then 8 seconds into this game, they get scored on. We catch a break with the Chara penalty and Mrazek plays the puck outside the trapezoid 11 seconds into that PP and gets a penalty. We score, then they score right away after that. Then they score again. Tough pill to swallow a couple nights ago, then this terrible start. For the Wings to come back in a game where it seemed like everything was going against them is a big deal. It shows the kind of character they have and gives them confidence to keep pressing now matter what. Wins like this do more for your team than winning 5-0. Overcoming adversity is a crucial part of becoming a championship team.

Funny, when Howard is having one of those it's always trade him now, he's lost it...bad of course if Mrazek is having a bad game it's he will bounce back. For the record I don't care who is in net, as long as whoever it is get's the job done and watching some highlights - missed the game because of VT - from last night he didn't.

Comparing a goalie who hasn't had a good game since like october to a goalie that's played with best stats in the NHL as of late? Edited by kickazz