• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Vancouver should make the black retro uniforms permanent

Rate this topic

Oh come on, the color pattern is beautiful. Who doesn't like Halloween?

imo, those colours don't really represent Vancouver, I like the Green, Blue and White...what can I say it was my hometown for a while. Although those V sweaters are classic and who couldn't love the design.

Don't like the them I thought the killer whale one looked way better. But I'm in general not fond of written team names as a logo

Are you talking about this monstrosity?

jersey_oct_full_063008.jpg

imo, those colours don't really represent Vancouver, I like the Green, Blue and White...what can I say it was my hometown for a while. Although those V sweaters are classic and who couldn't love the design.

Has there ever been a team in sports that's changed the logo and basic color scheme of its jerseys as often as the Canucks have? I can't think of any.

Are you talking about this monstrosity?

jersey_oct_full_063008.jpg

Has there ever been a team in sports that's changed the logo and basic color scheme of its jerseys as often as the Canucks have? I can't think of any.

the Detroit Pistons had that phase during the 90's, pretty much all teams did, like that horrible st louis blues Saxophone jersey

Edited by NerveDamage

the Detroit Pistons had that phase during the 90's, pretty much all teams did, like that horrible st louis blues Saxophone jersey

The Pistons and Blues haven't gone through the numerous logo and color scheme changes Vancouver has gone through in the last 30 years. The franchise must be bipolar.

I always thought the brains behind the blue-green era was stealing from the defunct Hartford design. Those were awesome jerseys. Having created this mythology in my own mind (which may or may not be true), it makes me not like the current color scheme.

This "retro" jersey is what they wore when I was growing up, so those look right to me.

The Pistons and Blues haven't gone through the numerous logo and color scheme changes Vancouver has gone through in the last 30 years. The franchise must be bipolar.

they're going back to their roots... and as you can see only 3 logos 3 colour schemes

..canucks_key.gif

....about the Pistons

detroit-pistons-historical-logo-nba-funn

and this is what I meant when mentioned the Blues

st-louis-blues-third-jersey.png

Edited by NerveDamage

Only 3 logos and color schemes? Boy those Canucks are consistent. ;)

The original Pistons logo is hilarious. They should wear that for one game.

You know them Vancouverites ;) haha

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious, and it's made entirely of pistons hahaha. I love the Stallion logo though. I still have my Hill 33 "green" jersey.

Yeah those black ones are sweet.

Back when those retro uniforms were current in Vancouver, the Maple Leafs didn't suck (nearly as much as they do now)

No the Leafs were good back in the Gilmour/Potvin era. Pretty sure they made it to the conference final one or two seasons.