• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AndrewK80

Datsyuk Now 7th in All-Time Wings Goals

Rate this topic

there is something called intangibles something one can't measure you either have it or you don't. Captain serious does and in terms of leadership there is no one better not even Sid the kid

In his case "Intangibles" are being surrounded by guys ridiculously talented making him appear much better then he is.

In his case "Intangibles" are being surrounded by guys ridiculously talented making him appear much better then he is.

I love this argument from a Red Wings fan. It's hilarious. Datsyuk since 2002 has played with 26 hall of famers, but Toews is the only guy who has a good supporting cast.

I love this argument from a Red Wings fan. It's hilarious. Datsyuk since 2002 has played with 26 hall of famers, but Toews is the only guy who has a good supporting cast.

Could you please list these 26 hall of famers?

There is nothing wrong with playing with great players, but when people say you have "intangibles" it usually means your team wins alot. This is why I believe Toews is overrated, if he was on Columbus, nobody would be calling him the best player in the NHL.

This argument doesn't apply to Datsyuk, Datsyuk is not overrated.

Could you please list these 26 hall of famers?

There is nothing wrong with playing with great players, but when people say you have "intangibles" it usually means your team wins alot. This is why I believe Toews is overrated, if he was on Columbus, nobody would be calling him the best player in the NHL.

This argument doesn't apply to Datsyuk, Datsyuk is not overrated.

You count em up.

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=43925

List of Red Wings Hall of Famers. (International Hockey Hall of Fame. Who knows, Bill could be talking about some other Hall of Fame...)

Spoiler alert: the actual number is nowhere near 26, but I'll let bygones be bygones and consider the hyperbole as water under the bridge.

Edited by TheXym

Why do people always assume praising Toews means Pasha is less? They are totally different players , Pasha in his prime was according to his fellow NHL hands down the most purely skilled guy. Toews is a great leader coming through when it matters, he will never lead the league in points but he does everything well. So why is pointing that out a problem?

There are tons of great players doesn't mean Pasha isn't elite and ridiculously skilled

Why do people always assume praising Toews means Pasha is less? They are totally different players , Pasha in his prime was according to his fellow NHL hands down the most purely skilled guy. Toews is a great leader coming through when it matters, he will never lead the league in points but he does everything well. So why is pointing that out a problem?

There are tons of great players doesn't mean Pasha isn't elite and ridiculously skilled

Well said. Datayuk is phenominal. But it's ok to respect another player's greatness too.

Count em up

Since 2002, meaning starting in 2003?

Yzerman, Fedorov, Shanahan, Hull, Robitaille, Larionov, Chelios, Lidstrom, Hasek, Modano, Alfredsson. That's 11 players.

If Zetterberg, Joseph or Hossa ever make it, I suppose you can say he played with 14. I hope I didn't miss anyone, but I'm pretty sure I didn't miss 12 players.

Take all his Russian teammates, and current teammates who will make it, and you guys can clearly see the point. The supporting cast for Datsyuk isnt exactly baron.

You can't use national team players. If that were the case, then Scott Hannan played with about 15 Hall of Famers. Actually, if you're adding to my list, only Ovechkin is a sure lock. I don't think Kovalchuk or Kovalev will make it there.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Since 2002, meaning starting in 2003?

Yzerman, Fedorov, Shanahan, Hull, Robitaille, Larionov, Chelios, Lidstrom, Hasek, Modano, Alfredsson. That's 11 players.

If Zetterberg, Joseph or Hossa ever make it, I suppose you can say he played with 14. I hope I didn't miss anyone, but I'm pretty sure I didn't miss 12 players.

You can't use national team players. If that were the case, then Scott Hannan played with about 15 Hall of Famers. Actually, if you're adding to my list, only Ovechkin is a sure lock. I don't think Kovalchuk or Kovalev will make it there.

You guys all got the point. Datsyuk has been surrounded by talent just as Toews is surrounded by talent. I just wanted to get that argument buried, because it's not an easy one to measure and it looks to favor Datsyuk, if either of the 2. Are we agreed now?

So we cant even agree that both Datsyuk and Toews have each played with great players? Geez

Look at the players Datsyuk plays with NOW. He's 37 years old and has a better PPG rate than Toews. Datsyuk has a s***ty roster since Lidstrom left and STILL puts up great numbers even though he's OLD. Get over it. Prime Datsyuk is better than Prime Toews.

Bad knees, ankle torn which required surgery. 37 years old. And still puts up better numbers than Toews. Lol. I can't even imagine the fool he would make out of Toews on ice if they went one on one and Datsyuk was still 27 years old. He'd probably run circles around the guy.

The NHL players themselves have said they would take Datsyuk in a clutch moment over anyone. 2:11 as Shanahan says "If you have to pick one centerman to win a game, I'd pick Pavel Datsyuk"

End of story.

Edited by kickazz

Look at the players Datsyuk plays with NOW. He's 37 years old and has a better PPG rate than Toews. Datsyuk has a s***ty roster since Lidstrom left and STILL puts up great numbers even though he's OLD. Get over it. Prime Datsyuk is better than Prime Toews.

Even if Toews wins the cup and gets the conn smythe again this year?

Even if Toews wins the cup and gets the conn smythe again this year?

Toews can win 20 more cups and sign your shoulder as "I LOVE THE AXE" and Datsyuk would still be twice the player Toews would be.

this won't settle this argument, but you be the Judge...

which one will you remember?

I'll remember the Toews one because TSN and rest of Canada tells me that he's the bestest.

Edited by kickazz

Toews can win 20 more cups and sign your shoulder as "I LOVE THE AXE" and Datsyuk would still be twice the player Toews would be.

I'll remember the Toews one because TSN and rest of Canada tells me that he's the bestest.

I hate Toews. I'd shove the sharpie down his throat if he came up to me to sign anything. I just appreciate silent assassins. Not flashy, but collecting hardware right and left.