• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Nichushkin

Rate this topic

There are rumors-yes I know, that he may be available. The Stars are looking for upgrades on D. Nill and Holland have worked trades in the past. IF he is available this is a guy I go after hole heartedly. Guys like him are the future of the NHL. 6-4/210 with great speed and skill. He is still very young and learning how to play at the NHL level. He was in the same draft year as Mantha. If he was added to the mix we have a real talented group of F's: Larkin, AA, Mantha, Nichushkin, Svechnikov, to go along with Tatar, Nyquist, and Sheahan and maybe Frk and Pulk.

Now Dallas wants D help for their playoff run. Ok we give them some. Start with Smith. Throw in KFQ and maybe a F prospect or 2 not named Mantha, Larkin, AA or Svechnikov. Point is we can make this happen. This gives Nichushkin over a year of playing with his idol Datsyuk to learn from.

Dallas has plenty of cap space BTW so they can take on the 7 million for Smith and KFQ. Maybe a better offer for a team looking to make a PO run would be Smith, KFQ and Helm. Either way it can be done.

GR not sure if you are serious or not. But Nichushkin was a top 10 draft pick in 2013. he made the Stars roster out of camp that year. That was to early and he has been rushed. He has great talent and works at it, just needs some more time for things to come together. He turns 21 March 4, so still very young.

Edited by Richdg

There are rumors-yes I know, that he may be available. The Stars are looking for upgrades on D. Nill and Holland have worked trades in the past. IF he is available this is a guy I go after hole heartedly. Guys like him are the future of the NHL. 6-4/210 with great speed and skill. He is still very young and learning how to play at the NHL level. He was in the same draft year as Mantha. If he was added to the mix we have a real talented group of F's: Larkin, AA, Mantha, Nichushkin, Svechnikov, to go along with Tatar, Nyquist, and Sheahan and maybe Frk and Pulk.

Now Dallas wants D help for their playoff run. Ok we give them some. Start with Smith. Throw in KFQ and maybe a F prospect or 2 not named Mantha, Larkin, AA or Svechnikov. Point is we can make this happen. This gives Nichushkin over a year of playing with his idol Datsyuk to learn from.

Would you want Smith and/or an expiring UFA like Quincey, as the core part of deal, in return for a prospect like Nichushkin?

If I'm Nill and am looking to upgrade my D, I'm dealing for quality not quantity.

Red Wing fans especially should understand the value of quality over quantity for defencemen.

Would you want Smith and/or an expiring UFA like Quincey, as the core part of deal, in return for a prospect like Nichushkin?

If I'm Nill and am looking to upgrade my D, I'm dealing for quality not quantity.

Red Wing fans especially should understand the value of quality over quantity for defencemen.

There are only about 5 guys in the organization that we shouldn't move: larkin, mantha, Dekeyser, mrazek, and Svechnikov. Other than them I don't care who we move. That being said, guys like KFQ good stay at home Dmen are valuable this time of year. As average as our blueline corp has been, the Stars is much worse. Smith and KFQ would be an upgrade for them.

There are only about 5 guys in the organization that we shouldn't move: larkin, mantha, Dekeyser, mrazek, and Svechnikov. Other than them I don't care who we move. That being said, guys like KFQ good stay at home Dmen are valuable this time of year. As average as our blueline corp has been, the Stars is much worse. Smith and KFQ would be an upgrade for them.

Sorry that's just plain wrong. They would add depth. Nothing more.

Actually, I think Dallas would have a lot of interest in Quincey. Not enough by himself to get Nichushkin, of course. They have a lot of good players and prospects now, so I don't think they'd be looking for more, and I don't know if they'd be interested in anything else we could offer. Maybe Helm.

That said, I think it would take quite a lot to get him, and I don't know that it'd be worth it. He hasn't exactly set the league on fire. Yeah, he might break out one of these days, or he might not.

If we could get him for Q, Helm, and a 4th I'd go for it, but I doubt Nill would. They can fill their needs without trading him, so I think they only do it for something really good.

Sorry that's just plain wrong. They would add depth. Nothing more.

Dallas is 20th in goals against and 23rd in PK. We are 11th and 14th. Yes our D is better than theirs at playing D. Their D is better offensively than ours is. They are openly looking for guys that will improve their defense.

Actually, I think Dallas would have a lot of interest in Quincey. Not enough by himself to get Nichushkin, of course. They have a lot of good players and prospects now, so I don't think they'd be looking for more, and I don't know if they'd be interested in anything else we could offer. Maybe Helm.

That said, I think it would take quite a lot to get him, and I don't know that it'd be worth it. He hasn't exactly set the league on fire. Yeah, he might break out one of these days, or he might not.

If we could get him for Q, Helm, and a 4th I'd go for it, but I doubt Nill would. They can fill their needs without trading him, so I think they only do it for something really good.

That is why I said Smith, KFQ and helm. all 3 help them out defensively. Both teams take some degree of risk.

Dallas is 20th in goals against and 23rd in PK. We are 11th and 14th. Yes our D is better than theirs at playing D. Their D is better offensively than ours is. They are openly looking for guys that will improve their defense.

That is why I said Smith, KFQ and helm. all 3 help them out defensively. Both teams take some degree of ri

Goaltending...

You really think we could get an elite prospect like Nichushkin for two pending UFA's and a 4th round pick? Not a chance...

Our biggest need is still on the back end and we're incredibly deep up front, so why would we trade away a couple defenseman for a young forward? If we're making such a trade, it needs to be for a young high end defensive stud, such as Trouba, Morrissey, Theadore, Werenski, etc. not a forward...

You really think we could get an elite prospect like Nichushkin for two pending UFA's and a 4th round pick? Not a chance...

Our biggest need is still on the back end and we're incredibly deep up front, so why would we trade away a couple defenseman for a young forward? If we're making such a trade, it needs to be for a young high end defensive stud, such as Trouba, Morrissey, Theadore, Werenski, etc. not a forward...

I'd trade for nichushkin if the stars were willing to take Quincey for a cup run(think stars would have a good shot at resigning him with Nill there) along with Ericsson

A lot of fans don't value him but I'm sure a lot of teams like Dallas would ... That would really help the core d id say for a playoff run

K these will never happen but anyways ...

Maybe throw in a pulkkinen + to try and land honka?

Nichushkin and honka

For Quincey Ericsson pulkkinen sheahan + 2nd pick?

We could then trade a nyquist or some other forwards for d

Or

(Although I think there's no chance trouba,Theodore,werenski are getting dealt)

3 way trade

Islanders get Nyquist and jets 4th round pick

Jets get hamonic and wings 2nd round pick

Redwings get trouba

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I thought this thread would be about some character from a Dostoevsky novel.

Never even heard of this player.

I saw the title and said "Bless you." Sounds like a sneeze.

Is the Rumor Mill no longer a thing?

It is, but this tilts a little more into the "what if" category right now.

It would take quite a bit to get it done and I'd rather focus on trading assets for a more established player, but I'd love to see Nichushkin in the winged wheel. He's very entertaining to watch (the few times I've seen him) and has a very high ceiling.

I'd think in addition to a roster d man, it'd take a couple prospects Nill was high on when he was here, maybe a pick as well.. Not sure who that'd be but it seems like more of an off season deal to me.

We need those as well. This team is under .500 and not getting better overall. We need 3-5 high end players dded to this roster to become anything. That of course will take time. This might be a chance to add one of those 3-5 players. As I have mentioned before I like young skilled F's and veteran Dmen.

Couple things:

First, if the Stars are looking for d-men, Nill is familiar with our corps.

So... give him something good and also make him take something we don't want and something we're not keeping.

One of XO, Jensen, Sproul -- the prior, plus Kindl -- the later, and either Quincey or Richards.

You've get a young NHL ready prospect, a depth defenseman that you know you can move around freely, and a rental that you can either re-sign or let go.

Second, Nichuskin would be a nice, young big bodied winger (6'4" / 210 / 2o y/o) to line up next to Larkin or AA in the forthcoming years.

A future forward corps consisting of him, Larkin, AA, Jurco, Mantha, Svech… Looks pretty damn good to me.

Git'er'dun Kenny!

We need those as well. This team is under .500 and not getting better overall. We need 3-5 high end players dded to this roster to become anything. That of course will take time. This might be a chance to add one of those 3-5 players. As I have mentioned before I like young skilled F's and veteran Dmen.

I've said this to you before when you've gone with this narrative and I'll say it again. This is today's NHL. If you count SO losses as regular losses, or you dont count SO wins as regular wins, everybody with the exception of a team or two that is in the playoffs is hovering around ".500". To see how close everyone is, look at ROW (Regular/OT Wins) of all the playoff teams.

Florida - 28

TB - 31

Boston - 29

Detroit - 28

Washington - 41 (the outlier)

NYR - 31

NYI - 28

Pitt - 28

NJ - 28

Well, no, hence why I said, "I doubt Nill would". But I wouldn't give up any more than that for him. Nichushkin is a promising player, but he's barely scored more than Jurco.

Dallas is in "win now" mode, and they already have a glut of young guys and prospects, especially on defense. I don't think they'd be interested in anything we have, unless it's a guy Nill was really high on. Players like Q and Helm are exactly what they're looking for. Players to help them defensively this year, but no commitment. Something I think a lot of people overlook is that contending teams often want rental players. But they don't need to move a player like Nichushkin to get them.

I doubt Nichushkin is really available. He might become available for a really good player, like Yandle. But what Dallas is reportedly looking for they can get for just picks and lesser prospects.

He has 24 points playing on one of the most offensive teams in the NHL. He would have less then that on Detroit. It's not like he's some defensive stud either.

He's a +13 as well, so what point are you making? He was an overage pickup who had played over 3 seasons in the SHL so it's not as if he was a rookie per say. The guy was more NHL ready than Kenny thought, why do you think Nill wanted him in the deal? Anyway he's gone now so well never know what he could have brought to the Red wings.

He's a +13 as well, so what point are you making? He was an overage pickup who had played over 3 seasons in the SHL so it's not as if he was a rookie per say. The guy was more NHL ready than Kenny thought, why do you think Nill wanted him in the deal? Anyway he's gone now so well never know what he could have brought to the Red wings.

+/- is a dumb stat. Means absolutely nothing, I can't believe people still measure a players ability by +/-. You can literally step on the ice for 1 second and get a +/- and have no impact in any plays. Also again people overrating Wing prospects, I remember when everyone was upset about Jarnkrok like he's the next Forsberg.