• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/26 GDT : Red Wings at Avalanche Alumni Game, 7:00 EST

Rate this topic

Yzerman on pregame video hi-lights: “It was all Avalanche highlights. I got tired of them knocking us over and scoring. I stopped watching.”

Source: https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive/status/703417570267783168

Stevie will always be the captain. :wub:

It's too bad Roy was so damn good today.

Edited by Number19

The whole broadcast was so Avs-centric. It's like they forgot there were two teams involved in this, then at the last minute decided to let Ken do play by play and let Mick do some interviews on the Wings bench.

The other announcers even seemed annoyed with some of the things Ken was recalling about the bad blood and things said by wings in the years during the rivalry. Everything on the Avs end of things just seemed really classless (I guess I shouldn't be surprised...)

Stevie was correct. The pre-game highlights package was ridiculously slanted towards the Avs. There were not one but two clips of Roy holding the puck up in his glove, Statue of Liberty-style, but the play where he tried to do that and muffed it -- paving the way for Wings to win the 2002 series -- was noticeably absent. The league missed a real opportunity to make this a national event and instead allowed it to be an Avs event.

Yzerman on pregame video hi-lights: “It was all Avalanche highlights. I got tired of them knocking us over and scoring. I stopped watching.”

Source: https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive/status/703417570267783168

Stevie will always be the captain. :wub:

It's too bad Roy was so damn good today.

Yea I was yelling at the TV, "Show the Wings score a goal"! I guess the Avalanche guys put the video together.

We lost, but a great night. I still recognize how those guys skate. We won the rivalry 7-0 in Game 7 of 2002, and had more Cups (4-2), so they can have the Alumni Game :lol:

It was a typical Wings-Avs game, we out shot them 2-1, and Roy stood on his head. If it was a best of 7, we would have won in 6 :innocent:

Yea I was yelling at the TV, "Show the Wings score a goal"! I guess the Avalanche guys put the video together.

We lost, but a great night. I still recognize how those guys skate. We won the rivalry 7-0 in Game 7 of 2002, and had more Cups (4-2), so they can have the Alumni Game :lol:

It was a typical Wings-Avs game, we out shot them 2-1, and Roy stood on his head. If it was a best of 7, we would have won in 6 :innocent:

I think the Avs alumni took this game a little more serious than we did, especially if they had to have Waa Waa in net for two periods.

I think the Avs alumni took this game a little more serious than we did, especially if they had to have Waa Waa in net for two periods.

Agree, they had more to prove. We were the better team, and they were on home ice.

The whole broadcast was so Avs-centric. It's like they forgot there were two teams involved in this, then at the last minute decided to let Ken do play by play and let Mick do some interviews on the Wings bench.

The other announcers even seemed annoyed with some of the things Ken was recalling about the bad blood and things said by wings in the years during the rivalry. Everything on the Avs end of things just seemed really classless (I guess I shouldn't be surprised...)

Yep, it was effing annoying. There were a few times I was waiting for him and Ken to get into a fight.