• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Jakub Kindl traded to Panthers

Rate this topic

I think ericsson is alot better than anyone gives him credit for.

He doesn't put up points, but he's our best d man at clearing the crease. He makes mistakes, sure, but all d men do. His are just magnified because he plays alot and he's usually out there against 1st liners who make his small mistakes into legit scoring chances. But he's much less mistake probe than most of our dmen.

I can't speak for every one else, but I'd rather have Quincey next season.

I don't think Ericsson is worth his 4.25M, and he's got four years left at that hit. It's more about how his contract is handcuffing the team for me.

I don't think Ericsson is worth his 4.25M, and he's got four years left at that hit. It's more about how his contract is handcuffing the team for me.

I'd much rather have quincy too, but I'm just sayin e is nowhere near as bad as everyone says.

What is he worth then? He falls right into the value of what similar players make. Just because you don't like him doesn't make his value less. I hate to tell you but 4 million is a pretty pedestrian cap hit these days. Similar players in his range are Emelin, Larson, Brodin, Tanev, Coburn....Would I prefer some of these guys over E?? sure I would but his cap hit is right where it should be.

What is he worth then? He falls right into the value of what similar players make. Just because you don't like him doesn't make his value less. I hate to tell you but 4 million is a pretty pedestrian cap hit these days. Similar players in his range are Emelin, Larson, Brodin, Tanev, Coburn....Would I prefer some of these guys over E?? sure I would but his cap hit is right where it should be.

I never said anything about disliking Ericsson. You don't have to tell me what guys of his ilk make - I'm fully aware.

What I am saying is that the term of his deal, and his cap hit limit the team in several ways. There are better players to be signed (Quincey, right now) and prospects who should be getting a shot in the next season or two. There are also players on the roster, currently, who should play over Ericsson, IMO. I'm not harping on Ericsson, I'm just not a fan of the situation.

I don't fault Ericsson for his contract, I fault Ken Holland for giving it to him.

Seems now that many of the better defensemen around the league are young guys on cheap RFA deals. Makes E's deal look worse than it really is. The length is troublesome since it makes him hard to move, but the hit is fair.

Seems now that many of the better defensemen around the league are young guys on cheap RFA deals. Makes E's deal look worse than it really is. The length is troublesome since it makes him hard to move, but the hit is fair.

I thought we were deep at D this offseason, but watching Marchenko/Ouellet and a lot of Grifs games, I can tell you that we are only deep at #7 defensemen.

Good move Kenny. He went to a division rival, but if that was the only team that would take him, oh well. Like others said, he cleared waivers twice already, so to get a late pick and only retain a small portion of his salary is great. Nice to see that contract gone.

Hes not as bad as everyone says but the games he is bad he is REALLY bad. Cant fault him hes a 5-6 dman thats been forced to play above himself.

He's had far more terrible games than decent r good games. I think he's an AHL guy who occasionally overachieved.

To me a rival has to be more than just another opponent. I harbor no ill will or super competitive feelings toward Florida, and I doubt the team does.

Same here, to be honest I'm just neutral against such a matchup. I consider games against the Hawks, Leafs, Bruins, Habs and a few years ago the Pens a rivalry but even that has really gone down.

It'*s a good deal getting something for someone who has been put on waivers two times now is really nice (like I've mentioned in the tdl thread).