• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

3/6 GDT : Detroit Red Wings at Chicago Blackhawks, 5:00PM EST

Rate this topic

i wouldnt ind targeting okospo and ladd to replace helm and richards though

Ladd would be nice the guy could win his 3 cup at some point he has to think about getting paid. It may very well be his last paycheck so I'm sure he is looking to cash in but personally I'd rather have Looch. Because the guy is like a swiss knife he fills a lot of needs.

Wouldn't be opposed to Okposo I like his game but why would the Isles give him up? He adds a lot of their top 6 and seems to be one of the leaders on that team.

All in all,

We played well most of the game... Keep in mind this is by far the best team in the league, in their building. Mrazek let in 2 terrible early goals, and we still battled for most of the 1st/2nd. Had that Pulkinnen chance tied the game at 2, could have been a different outcome...

Observation #1 - Mike Green is highly overpaid.

Observation #2 - Andreas Anthanasiou was our best forward... again.

Observation #3 - Our team has capable forwards who never get the chance to sustain a full shift in the offensive zone - this gets fixed by adding an elite Defenceman... Not an easy fix, but our team WILL NOT win multiple rounds in the playoffs until we have one.

This game really really ****ed me off and was so frustrating to watch. Again, the Wings find their game and outplay the best team in the league for most of it. Only to be undone by a really s***ty call and a bulls*** PP goal that just throws the entire context of the game out of the water. Forget the first goal Petr gave up, and this game is the Wings. The second goal I don't think you could really fault, not with Abby and DK right in the way, I don't blame him for that. But kudos to the team for battling and dominating most of the game. So good and promising to see. Also, I really LOVE AA. Kid is just creating havoc the entire time. Would love to see him play with the magic man for a bit.

All in all,

We played well most of the game... Keep in mind this is by far the best team in the league, in their building. Mrazek let in 2 terrible early goals, and we still battled for most of the 1st/2nd. Had that Pulkinnen chance tied the game at 2, could have been a different outcome...

Observation #1 - Mike Green is highly overpaid.

Observation #2 - Andreas Anthanasiou was our best forward... again.

Observation #3 - Our team has capable forwards who never get the chance to sustain a full shift in the offensive zone - this gets fixed by adding an elite Defenceman... Not an easy fix, but our team WILL NOT win multiple rounds in the playoffs until we have one.

There is no shame in losing against that juggernaut that's true. But like I've said it's also an eye-opener showing everyone involved how high the bar is, if a team wants to contend for the cup. In the next at least 3 years Chicago, LA and Anaheim aren't going anywhere..new contenders especially Edmonton with McJesus will emerge.

The goalie debate has to be over for the next little while, if Howard struggles play the hothand if not it's his net to lose, period.

I fully agree with you, while the Wings could need some scoring help in the form of Mantha (could) be on the way if he puts all his tools together. But there is no elite defensie help in the minors - I think at this point this has to be clear to everyone involved in the organization - so either make a tremendous package for one or more realistically, trade your way into the top 10. Maybe there are other options but right now I can't think of any.

Wonder if the Wings could have gotten a first rounder for Green, if Polak is worth a second rounder...

As far as the competition is concerned I don't think for a minute that Ottawa can repeat their amazing Hamburglar story from last year, so if the goal is still to make the playoffs I guess Philly, Pittsburgh and Boston are the teams to watch out for.

Maybe as long as we have a playoff streak going on? Wish I could ask Ken Holland how long he will be content with being a playoff bubble team. Our defense has been noticeably mediocre since Lidstrom retired. I'm really trying to be objective but our D has some serious shortcomings. I didn't think we would be this bad on offense. Negative goal differential.

I wish Brock Lesnar would F5 Kenny Holland and end this streak already.

Better not be talkin'bout me :nono:

;)

Your boy Snepsts went to his Kings forum. I know you're ready to jump ship and root for Boston the moment the playoff streak ends. ;)

Hmm you know what.

I thinking making playoffs >>> Stanley cup.

We need to make it 6 more times to break Bostons record of 29 seasons in a row. Who cares about another Stanley? We'll get it eventually. But to start another streak and beat the Boston record may be near impossible in our lifetimes. A cup wont be impossible. Theres always the tanking safety net. But a streak... Theres no guarantee with that.

Edited by kickazz

Yesterday was my brother's birthday so I had to watch on the replay. 21 seconds and a Kane goal? what a shot, seems like they've found Mrazek weak spot, although, it's really hard to stop a shot like that. Howard gave us a chance with both great stops and a lot of luck. I believe that the play that lead to our only goal was an offside, but good thing they didn't even challenge it. Felt like we could have taken that game, but Chicago finished strong. Not having Datsyuk didn't help, but really need to shake things up and start scoring, specially on the pp. we need to start and rack up points and can't afford to take anything less than 2 points against Columbus.

I agree with many posters here, the Wings played very good for stretches and carried the play very well against Chicago, both games...

It's hard to believe how poorly the PP has been considering it was at 23% last year and they've added Green and Richards... What'll it take to get those two going?

All in all, solid effort from the team, really looking forward to them starting a win streak in the next few days.

It also sucks that this team hasn't started a playoff series at home in forever :(

It's been discussed over and over what people want and why some things would make sense going forward.

That doesnt change the fact that the very same people who claim to want us to abandon the streak and tank the season for a top 10 pick are the same ones that ***** and moan the most when we lose hockey games. Cant have one without the other. A lot of the other.

That doesnt change the fact that the very same people who claim to want us to abandon the streak and tank the season for a top 10 pick are the same ones that ***** and moan the most when we lose hockey games. Cant have one without the other. A lot of the other.

Well I've wanted the Wings to do the so called "tank" last year and I would have been fine with losing for McDavid, Eichel. Also losing is a lot more tolerable when there is some silver lining at the end of the tunnel which basically means a better draft pick. Anyhow this has nothing to do with the discussion.