• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DickieDunn

Larkin needs a rest

Rate this topic

He has 1 point, is -8 over his last 11 games, and has looked slower than early on. He's either hit the wall hard or has a sore groin or something. Let him sit a game or two and get his legs under him again for the stretch run.

Its not unprecedented. If I recall correctly Zetterberg was scratched as recently as 2006 or 2007.

Really? I don't remember that. Weird. I felt like 2006 and 2007 were the start of his best years.

He has 1 point, is -8 over his last 11 games, and has looked slower than early on. He's either hit the wall hard or has a sore groin or something. Let him sit a game or two and get his legs under him again for the stretch run.

Maybe put him and Z back together if not rest him?

Edited by kickazz

Forget it. He needs RICHARDS OFF HIS LINE like every other Red Wing.

Amen

If he's hurt, I think its definitely a good idea. If he's feeling 100% but just in a slump, I would have him play through it. I dont get the impression that its from lack of trying.

He looks slower than he did earlier. I don't think he's 100%

I was at the Chicago game the other day, and he still seemed like he was flying. Not saying your wrong, he very well could be.

Larkin isnt hurt. He's basically killing penalties right now on a line with Richards. You can see Larkin is frustrated. The coach is doing him and the team a huge disservice by not putting Richards in the pressbox. It's time for Ant Man.

Richards doesn't "suck". He is past his prime, which is unfortunately when the Wings sign guys with his skills..when they are no longer effective. Just a few years ago he was in the top ten in the league in points.

Same thing has happened with Mrazek, not used to playing this many games at such a high level. Problem is we need these guys to be good now, no time to rest. Suck it up future millionaires.

Edited by puckbags

The vets are too old, and the kids are too young, and there's no one in between to take care of things. That's why things need an overhaul in Detroit real soon.

Soon the vets will be gone, the current kids will be in betweens & we will have a new batch of kids finally being able to have a happy medium again.