• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/8 GDT : Red Wings at Columbus Blue Jackets, 7:00 EST

Rate this topic

Is it me, or has Abby been kinda quiet lately? Of course, they've all tailed off, Larkin, Mraz, even Dats.

Please score more than one goal. The point is not to preserve the dubious record of no blanks for the season -- the point is to win. Play to win, don't play not to lose, OK? It's getting a bit too late to hope for a turnaround, the time is actually now. Don't hang your goalies out to dry (again) with no support. I am pretty much begging at this point.

Hoping that the fact the FSD has this broadcast means NHL.tv or whatever they call the newly corrupted former "Gamecenter" doesn't black out this game, too. I haven't seen a game on my paid subscription since January, between NHL Network hijacking games and other arcane excuses for not broadcasting the Wings games. Sigh....

LGRW!!

Is it me, or has Abby been kinda quiet lately? Of course, they've all tailed off, Larkin, Mraz, even Dats.

Please score more than one goal. The point is not to preserve the dubious record of no blanks for the season -- the point is to win. Play to win, don't play not to lose, OK? It's getting a bit too late to hope for a turnaround, the time is actually now. Don't hang your goalies out to dry (again) with no support. I am pretty much begging at this point.

Hoping that the fact the FSD has this broadcast means NHL.tv or whatever they call the newly corrupted former "Gamecenter" doesn't black out this game, too. I haven't seen a game on my paid subscription since January, between NHL Network hijacking games and other arcane excuses for not broadcasting the Wings games. Sigh....

LGRW!!

NHL Gamecenter/NHL TV has blacked out so many games lately.

NHL Gamecenter/NHL TV has blacked out so many games lately.

I've noticed. :glare: I have no actual life... just work like a fool all day and go home to watch Wings... and am prevented from doing so, by the NHL and their greed. It really isn't a mystery to me that Hockey doesn't do very well as a sport in the US. It's impossible to watch unless you are willing to do what I do -- struggle to find a way to see it. Most people aren't as obsessed as I am.

:lol:

Edited by puckloo39

I've noticed. :glare: I have no actual life... just work like a fool all day and go home to watch Wings... and am prevented from doing so, by the NHL and their greed. It really isn't a mystery to me that Hockey doesn't do very well as a sport in the US. It's impossible to watch unless you are willing to do what I do -- struggle to find a way to see it. Most people aren't as obsessed as I am.

:lol:

oh I know obsession, obsession wakes you up at 2 am to find a stream to watch the USA vs Russia Sochi game. Or switching to the radio feed in GCL to follow the game.

You know you'll always have a "firstrow" seat here at LGW ;)

Edited by NerveDamage

Mrazek earned the #1 tag by playing fantastic while Jimmy slumped and now it's the other way around. Why wouldn't you want the better goaltender (at the moment). One bad goaltending performance could be the difference of making the playoffs and not making it

because he hates Howard. Except for the ocasional "Howie!" when Jimmy makes a great stop.

We gave Mrazek the #1 tag. He needs to get his confidence back. So we start him against the most offensively explosive team and stanley cup champs and then yank him against the worst team in the league. Thats like trying to make someone feel smart by giving them an o-chem exam followed by a molecular phyaics exam, then letting another person in the group take the driver's license trst.

Mrazek, Blazek, Howard, who knows. They've both been poo-poo at times, usually without warning meaning an injury or illness that's announced prior.

The bigger picture outside the goalie net is clear to most of us here, we are in big doo-doo if we don't start winning alot and soon.

Experts put us on making the playoffs at 77%. But I'd say it's a little lower as their stats don't take into account surging teams, as Philly has been since the all-star break. Also, they have veteran, hardened characters as good as ours in Giroux and company.

We are 1 win ahead of them.

This is the time for Zetterberg and Datsyuk to show their grit and get it done, one last time.

Edit:

10 bucks wagered that we win. I do think our vets will get this game sorted out.

Edited by Jacksoni

We gave Mrazek the #1 tag. He needs to get his confidence back. So we start him against the most offensively explosive team and stanley cup champs and then yank him against the worst team in the league. Thats like trying to make someone feel smart by giving them an o-chem exam followed by a molecular phyaics exam, then letting another person in the group take the driver's license trst.

He earned it, actually. I don't know if Blash is trying to make up for the mistake of playing Petr the last game vs Chicago by resting him for this one but I say it's the smart move to make. Petr already played vs Columbus and that driver's license test went to SO. IF he's recovering from an undisclosed sore then what's the point of forcing him to play early(again) if you have a Howard caliber "backup goalie"? let Jimmy do his job, and the defence and offense come out to play and back him up.

He earned it, actually. I don't know if Blash is trying to make up for the mistake of playing Petr the last game vs Chicago by resting him for this one but I say it's the smart move to make. Petr already played vs Columbus and that driver's license test went to SO. IF he's recovering from an undisclosed sore then what's the point of forcing him to play early(again) if you have a Howard caliber "backup goalie"? let Jimmy do his job, and the defence and offense come out to play and back him up.

I'm ok with what you are saying. So long as this isnt opening a hot hand situation and goalie debate again. That's the last thing this team needs.