• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/8 GDT : Red Wings at Columbus Blue Jackets, 7:00 EST

Rate this topic

guys is this the NBA? so much passing around the perimeter! Get the puck in deep, there is no such thing as a 3 second violation in the NHL!!!

no, but it seems like they can't shoot from outside the paint

Edited by NerveDamage

Does this team want to make the playoffs? If this is the best we can get out of our guys at this point of the year you have to seriously look at the coach. At least with Babs you knew he was putting the fear of god into some of these guys. That was sad.

It's not like many other Wings are having a stellar season...

Most likely due to the fact that they can't get any consistent time with Ericsson and Kronwall hogging the ice with their terrible play. Smith had 10 points in a 8 game stretch, Dekeyser was playing near 25 minutes a night and they were outshooting teams badly before this duo returned. They spend so much time in their own zone it's embarrassing. Get rid of both of them and move on.

Does this team want to make the playoffs? If this is the best we can get out of our guys at this point of the year you have to seriously look at the coach. At least with Babs you knew he was putting the fear of god into some of these guys. That was sad.

Babcock's teams were in the EXACT same position the last two years, maybe three. Each year we went down to the final few games before locking up a playoff spot. I don't disagree that the coaching is problematic. It is. But lets not romanticize the past. Babcock was just as bad in recent years.

Babcock's teams were in the EXACT same position the last two years, maybe three. Each year we went down to the final few games before locking up a playoff spot. I don't disagree that the coaching is problematic. It is. But lets not romanticize the past. Babcock was just as bad in recent years.

And he's doing such a wonderful job in Toronto too :lol:

Aside from personally thinking this is a terrible idea, this is not the way the wings do things.

Have they improved since he became the captain? All I ever hear is the great leadership of Zetterberg and Kronwall... I don't see it. I see Kronwall constantly in his own zone screwing around. I see Z way past his prime and the team barely limping into the playoffs every year. I want him to show some passion. Show some energy, show some enthusiasm. Not watch your team play like this.

Babcocks teams were also heavily injured, but yet they still made the post season...Blashill & Co don't have that as an excuse.

We were heavily injured for one of those years. Actually, we were second in the league. The team that was first won their division and a playoff round. So I think injuries in general aren't a very good excuse. Plus, we haven't missed the playoffs...yet. So you're putting the cart before the horse a bit.