• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/13 GDT : Toronto Maple Leafs at Red Wings, 7:30 EST

Rate this topic

It always is the case. And remember no one takes the Leafs seriously, and brings their A game unless you're the Sens.

The Wings just have a habit of losing to the Leafs dating all the way back to 1942 when they were up 3-0 in the Final and lost four straight. lol

Food for thought: Is our Power Play the problem, or is the ineffectiveness of the PP just a symptom of an overall problem with our offense? Obviously we want our PP to be better but I wonder whether our struggles there are just more noticeable because we track it more carefully; I don't see anything wrong with our PP that isn't also wrong with our 5-on-5 play. Just thinking out loud here...

NBC has shifted positive commentary toward the Leafs now.. this is usually an indication that they assume the Leafs are in control and will win. They always pimp up the team that is winning. Wings: please don't let this happen. The non-playoff teams have nothing better to do that ruin your streak and make you miss the playoffs... score one so it's at least not a shut out.

Food for thought: Is our Power Play the problem, or is the ineffectiveness of the PP just a symptom of an overall problem with our offense? Obviously we want our PP to be better but I wonder whether our struggles there are just more noticeable because we track it more carefully; I don't see anything wrong with our PP that isn't also wrong with our 5-on-5 play. Just thinking out loud here...

Power play is an issue because it's night and day from last year and biggest change is the rotation. There is no low to high anymore. One guy should be staying put in relatively the same area and the rest should be in rotation until a play is made.