• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/15 GDT : Red Wings at Philadelphia Flyers, 7:30 ET

Rate this topic

HMM...#39, huh? No pressure, child, just save the Wings from themselves and their power-less play. Oy.

We literally are operating on a Wing and a prayer -- we haven't beat Philly since the Dark Ages. So tonight might be the night. They won't expect it!!

LGRW!!

thanks for the GDT, Mikey!!

Game of the year so far no question. The very team that challenges us for the last playoff spot. And they can play.

Could have used Lidström now. If Jagr can, surely "the perfect human" should be able to lace em up a few more games? ;)

Going to the game today! Can't wait but it's always a bad time in Philly....

Sadly I can't figure out my old password to my normal account so I start fresh! Sooo Sooo First Post!

Also going to the game, can't believe we'll be able to say we were at Mantha's first career NHL game! I'd love a win since I haven't seen one since 97, and with what's at stake it'd be a great time to end the losing streak. Also will be my fiancé's first hockey game ever, also a red wing fan thanks to me so hopefully she can start off on a positive note with a win!

Make no mistake about it this is a playoff game. They get Chicago tomorrow night and the way the Hawks looked last night I'd give Philly the advantage. Must win no excuses.

4-2 Wings

Smith, AA, Z, Helm (EN)

Ghost and Simmonds for them

Well, if we don't recognize this is a MUST win, and respond as a team and win at all costs.....I just don't really know if we deserve to be in the playoffs. Haven't stated that in many, many, many years.

I know beggars can't be choosers...but on top of winning tonight, I'd like to see some dominance. Some ray of light that this team can hang with the top teams in the East. Some sign that we have fight and desire.

I'd love to keep the playoff streak going, but if this team limps in to the playoffs without showing any of this fight/desire in the remaining games, I don't know if I can stomach watching Washington blow us up (like nitro) in first round series. Cause the Wings I've been watching the last few months isn't going anywhere in the playoffs. Also, if we show no sign of this in the remaining games, maybe us missing the playoffs with force some big time organizational changes (e.g. GM, Coach, major roster changes, blockbuster deal, etc.). If you think about it, this might be the one scenario that forces these changes....I mean going into a brand new building in two years...they certainty don't want to have a below average team with the NHL spotlight being so bright on the city, the team, and the mother ship of all arenas (and it will...the way this new area is looking, this will make headlines and sub-stories the entire year).

Let's do this!!!!

How many games have we won in Philly since the 1997 SCF?

we won 11, lost 12 in regulation, and 1 in SO total.

... and NONE of these 11 was in Philly...

Edited by ami

moron squad for this game is less favorable to Red Wings that to Flyers:

moron #4, Wes McCauley - Red Wings lost 3 and won 1 against him this season

moron #5, Chris Rooney - Red Wing lost and won a pair against him this seasnon.

moron #6, - just kidding, those two simultaneously on the ice, would be enough for any game any season.

Wings win nevertheless 5-2, wings score 5 (yes, five).

Edited by ami