• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Looking ahead at expansion draft

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Easiest thing to do is sign a bunch of so-so players who are all available for the expansion draft. I mean, do people honestly expect this Vegas team to get really good players from the opposition?

Yes I do. Not elite players, but this system is set up so LV will get good players. 

20 minutes ago, HoweFan said:

I think we are going to lose Ryan Sproul.  I cant see them taking an expensive goalie like Howard. 

Sproul is not exposed to the expansion draft

19 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If we can only protect 3 defensemen, there's a high probability we lose Green.  If we go with Green, DeKeyser, and Ericsson, Jensen or Ouellet could get scooped.  We are going to lose an NHL calibur player.

Why would we expose Green?

27 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If we can only protect 3 defensemen, there's a high probability we lose Green.  If we go with Green, DeKeyser, and Ericsson, Jensen or Ouellet could get scooped.  We are going to lose an NHL calibur player.

8 minutes ago, HoweFan said:

Defensively I think we will protect Green, Dekeyser, and Ouellet.  They wont take Kronner or Ericsson.  That leaves Jensen or Sproul.

Jensen is not exposed to the expansion draft, I have to double check on Ouellet

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

39 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sproul is not exposed to the expansion draft

34 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Jensen is not exposed to the expansion draft, I have to double check on Ouellet

Sproul, Ouellet and Jensen are all eligible for the expansion draft. We will have to protect them or Vegas can pick either one of them up...

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

1st and 2nd year professionals are protected.

That is true, and this is Sproul, Ouellet and Jensen's 4th year pro. The American League is considered pro. All 3 are eligible to be drafted in the expansion draft.

Edited by krsmith17

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

That is true, and this is Sproul, Ouellet and Jensen's 4th year pro. The American League is considered pro. All 3 are eligible to be drafted in the expansion draft.

Oh for petes sake...

Ok, well in that case I'm still not as worried about Ouellet, Jensen, and Sproul as you all seem to be.

As of right now our likely selected exposures, IMO, are: Vanek, Helm, Kronwall, Ericsson, Howard.

To a lesser extent: Sheahan, Jurco, Glendening, Smith, Coreau, Ouellet, Jensen, Sproul.

They only get one player, so to me it makes sense taking a player with real value, unless they scouted and REALLY like a young guy for some reason.

IMHO, they're going to take Vanek 9 times out of 10. If the goalie market becomes a wasteland after trades they take Howard. If we move Vanek then things get interesting. Helm is a valuable player, but they might not need him depending on how their roster gets built.

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Oh for petes sake...

Ok, well in that case I'm still not as worried about Ouellet, Jensen, and Sproul as you all seem to be.

As of right now our likely selected exposures, IMO, are: Vanek, Helm, Kronwall, Ericsson, Howard.

To a lesser extent: Sheahan, Jurco, Glendening, Smith, Coreau, Ouellet, Jensen, Sproul.

They only get one player, so to me it makes sense taking a player with real value, unless they scouted and REALLY like a young guy for some reason.

IMHO, they're going to take Vanek 9 times out of 10. If the goalie market becomes a wasteland after trades they take Howard. If we move Vanek then things get interesting. Helm is a valuable player, but they might not need him depending on how their roster gets built.

If Holland doesn't move Vanek before the deadline, he's a f***ing idiot.

I assume you're protecting Green and DeKeyser? Who's your other defenseman protection used on? I'm hoping we trade Green at the deadline too, so we could then protect Ouellet and Sproul along with DeKeyser. I doubt that happens though, and I'm not even so sure Holland would leave Kronwall unprotected...

I'd also try to move one of Nyquist or Tatar and Howard this summer before the draft, but I doubt that happens either.

I can see it being between Sproul, Jurco and Sheahan for Vegas, but hoping they see something in Ericsson...

18 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If Holland doesn't move Vanek before the deadline, he's a f***ing idiot.

I assume you're protecting Green and DeKeyser? Who's your other defenseman protection used on? I'm hoping we trade Green at the deadline too, so we could then protect Ouellet and Sproul along with DeKeyser. I doubt that happens though, and I'm not even so sure Holland would leave Kronwall unprotected...

I'd also try to move one of Nyquist or Tatar and Howard this summer before the draft, but I doubt that happens either.

I can see it being between Sproul, Jurco and Sheahan for Vegas, but hoping they see something in Ericsson...

Ya I'd protect ouellet dekeyser sproul as well ....I swear to god if they protect Ericsson 

kronwall can be made to understand the  situation I believe , especially given the fact he's always been hurt ( can even put a "story" out there he might have to consider whether he needs to retire or not )

that means we trade green or he'd get claimed , either that or trade a 5-7th pick for Vegas not to claim green or sproul

48 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Could someone post or re-post a list of all our guys and the status of each for the expansion draft?  CRL should do his research to know what's happening with player x, but let's make it easy on everyone.

Only because of high salary amount if we are going for rebuild.  If we are trying to win, I don't mind keeping him.  He's come as advertised.

If we left Green exposed, I think he would definitely be taken. Throwing away a asset like Green wouldn't be a smart idea for the rebuild. If we don't re-sign him next year, we should trade him at next year's deadline for a good return.

If you did want to shed his salary for this offseason, a better plan would be to trade him now rather than just lose him for nothing in the draft.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Could someone post or re-post a list of all our guys and the status of each for the expansion draft?  CRL should do his research to know what's happening with player x, but let's make it easy on everyone.

Only because of high salary amount if we are going for rebuild.  If we are trying to win, I don't mind keeping him.  He's come as advertised.

Somebody's still butthurt lol

Remind how much we offered Suter again?

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

If Holland does his job properly, Green is traded at the deadline for a second plus a prospect or a lower pick. If he can't get that for some reason, protect him and trade him next year.

Nick Jensen is the defense version of Nestrasil, Frk, and Pulk.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

If Holland does his job properly, Green is traded at the deadline for a second plus a prospect or a lower pick. If he can't get that for some reason, protect him and trade him next year.

Nick Jensen is the defense version of Nestrasil, Frk, and Pulk.

So you're saying he's better than Brendan Smith?

I think you're undervaluing Green. I'd like to keep him personally.

Green is worth more as a trade asset to a rebuilding team.

Jensen is another guy who will be picked up by another team, fans will moan about losing a player like him for nothing, and will end up doing little or nothing for his new team.

19 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Green is worth more as a trade asset to a rebuilding team.

Jensen is another guy who will be picked up by another team, fans will moan about losing a player like him for nothing, and will end up doing little or nothing for his new team.

Maybe if his contract was expiring. It is not. He's arguably our best D-man and Holland's not going to move that until the 2018 TD at the earliest, if we're still this bad then.

23 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

A second plus for each of Vanek and Green, trade two seconds for an extra first round pick, win.

Since Green has an extra year on his contract, he should demand more than Vanek since he's not just a rental player. Also, Righthanded offensive Dman are always a scarce quantity.