• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Looking ahead at expansion draft

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, kliq said:

Personally I love it! From the NHL's perspective, seems like such a dumb move.

Exactly my thoughts. Going to be a lot of pissed off people, from fans to players... Not sure why the NHL is doing this, but I love that we'll get this information. I think Holland is going to get blasted when we find out who he protects though... My guess is there will be at least two players protected that most fans will be upset about... Maybe Kronwall or Abdelkader, Helm, Sheahan or Glendening... 

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Exactly my thoughts. Going to be a lot of pissed off people, from fans to players... Not sure why the NHL is doing this, but I love that we'll get this information. I think Holland is going to get blasted when we find out who he protects though... My guess is there will be at least two players protected that most fans will be upset about... Maybe Kronwall or Abdelkader, Helm, Sheahan or Glendening... 

this factors into the why.. and weren't they planning on televising the expansion draft? Making the lists public could potentially get more fans to tune into that.. 

3 hours ago, amato said:

this factors into the why.. and weren't they planning on televising the expansion draft? Making the lists public could potentially get more fans to tune into that.. 

Now that I think about it, it makes sense. Now teams will know exactly who is available on the entire board, and can negotiate more fairly with the Golden Knights. Smart. This is why they're the GMs I guess.

On 3/4/2017 at 10:50 PM, LeftWinger said:

:hysterical:

Now Nyquist is capable of 60 points...if that don't have wishfull "playoff Franzen" written all over it, I don't know what has.

He has played top 6 all season long...not gonna get 60. He's never hit 60. This reminds me of Hudler is capable of 60-70 points bullcrap I endured during his failed time here. Give it up, Nyquist, while you may be right about him being protected, because Holland is that big of an idiot, but he will not be a 60 point player and will take up a top 6 spot while keeping better players in the bottom 6.

So, Nyquist ended up finishing the season with 48 points in 76 games which is a pace of 52 points in 82 games. Are you willing to admit now that under the right circumstances he can hit 60? With the right center Nyquist can put up numbers, the perfect spot for him would be playing 2nd line with a center of Z's capabilities. 

The wings need to move money bad. If they can move Nyquist, Green and Howie and maybe buy out Erickson they could resign Tatar and Athanasiou and then keep Larkin and Mantha long term. I think Howard is better than mrazek but mrazek is cheaper and younger. It would be nice to get a solid stay at home defenseman in a trade with nyquist. They need to move money big time. After next year shehan is done and Green. So if they have to keep Green for another year its not the end of the world but I think teams would be interested in Green, Nyquist and Howard. https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/redwings should scare everyone.

Edited by Krayzie_Bone

I agree with Chaps assessment in the other thread. Leave all your "bad contracts" unprotected and force Vegas to take one of them.

Protect:

Nielsen, Zetterbrg, AA, Mantha, Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan

Ouellet, Jensen, Green (since he has the 1 year left and could fetch a few picks)

Mrazek

of the exposed players, the most in danger of being selected are Helm, Abby, Howard and Dekeyser.  I don't think Kronwall will be in any danger, and Ericsson is a hunk of garbage, so he is safe (unfortunately.) Glendening on down should be safe unless Vegas has their NHL roster and are looking to stockpile their AHL team.

On 4/13/2017 at 7:08 AM, LeftWinger said:

I agree with Chaps assessment in the other thread. Leave all your "bad contracts" unprotected and force Vegas to take one of them.

Protect:

Nielsen, Zetterbrg, AA, Mantha, Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan

Ouellet, Jensen, Green (since he has the 1 year left and could fetch a few picks)

Mrazek

of the exposed players, the most in danger of being selected are Helm, Abby, Howard and Dekeyser.  I don't think Kronwall will be in any danger, and Ericsson is a hunk of garbage, so he is safe (unfortunately.) Glendening on down should be safe unless Vegas has their NHL roster and are looking to stockpile their AHL team.

Question about the draft, we can only lose one player in the expansion draft right?

Yes, one per team.

Dekeyser went from being seriously over rated to seriously under rated in a year. Not protecting him would take a dumpster fire of a defense and toss a hundred tires onto it.

Of course, that would probably mean a top 5 pick next year so maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

My biggest concern re Dekeyser is his lack of strength.  The hope I had was that once he got past 25 or so his metabolism might slow a tick (mine sure did) and he could add a bit of muscle.  Get that boy some dianabol!!!

I would love to deal Green ahead of the draft.

Let's give LV a 4th round pick and "make" them take Helm...or Abby...either one

Edited by Nondescript_D

I just gave that mock expansion draft tool a whirl. Vegas will pretty solid on D and in goal right away. Their forwards won't be as solid, but still pretty damn good. I'm sure they won't be going through the growing pains that SJ, Ottawa, Tampa, and Columbus went through. No way they make the Finals as fast as Florida did though. Probably a Wild type situation, but better.

9 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I just gave that mock expansion draft tool a whirl. Vegas will pretty solid on D and in goal right away. Their forwards won't be as solid, but still pretty damn good. I'm sure they won't be going through the growing pains that SJ, Ottawa, Tampa, and Columbus went through. No way they make the Finals as fast as Florida did though. Probably a Wild type situation, but better.

Well they already signed Duke Reid (college forward) and Vadim Shipachyov (KHL forward) so they're already rounding out that weak forward core