• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Looking ahead at expansion draft

Rate this topic

On 2017-06-15 at 0:34 AM, nyqvististhefuture said:

Just worried if we got rid of Ericsson holland would give another stupid  signing to someone we don't need , rather save the money for when the times needed and we can land someone impactful ... Not a fan of ericsson but at this point he has 2 more yrs , suffer another season or trade him now with some of his salary, but we both know it won't happen 

E has 3 years left.

Honestly, if we protect Z, Mantha, AA, Nyquist, Tatar, Nielsen (NMC), and Sheahan, Mrazek, DD, Green, and XO then how bad can our loss be.

We can't trade a 3rd to protect Jensen, then another to protect Sproul, then a 4th to protect Nosek etc etc etc. Just accept the loss, maybe they take Jimmy.

Holland said he would not trade assets to protect, never said anything as far as I know of trading assets to dump salary. If we walk away from this sans E and lose a guy like nosek or Jensen, I'm pretty happy.

Edited by kliq

4 hours ago, amato said:

What's the record for picks in one draft? I wonder if Vegas breaks it :P   It also seems very possible that they're quick to success compared to other expansion teams if they do it right. 

Didn't you read? Holland has all the picks, he's amassed so many! 

Protect Jensen over XO, if it comes down to those two.

Plus he won't be active because he thinks he's going to carry us to the promised land with 4 3rds and Ericsson. 

Edited by LeftWinger

9 minutes ago, Bannedforlife said:

Youre right. It would be much more constructive if I stated my desire to draft Tippet and Hague about 50 times a day.

Well you'd have me beat. Again, in your never ending quest to be "k00l," you try to belittle and state falsehoods. Were you bullied in grammar school? Maybe you can spend your time today going back over old posts and tell us how many times I said, "Holland... bad."

So since you cannot have a conversation about hockey, for the 3rd or 4th time, don't bring me up or respond to my posts. Thanks.

Goodnight little fella.

Edited by LeftWinger

15 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

According to Elliotte Friedman, Ouellet is among the players on the Red Wings unprotected list. I hope this means Jensen or Sproul is protected...

Dumb. I'd rather leave Jensen unprotected. I feel like XO has more upside but what do I know. Oh well. I just want to see how this all plays out already.

4 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

Dumb. I'd rather leave Jensen unprotected. I feel like XO has more upside but what do I know. Oh well. I just want to see how this all plays out already.

I don't think either are going to be anything more than a number 4/5, and I prefer Jensen's skating ability and offensive upside to Ouellet's safe, defensive game. I'd rather see Sproul protected over both, but we know that's not going to be the case. Watch them protect Kronwall, Green and DeKeyser...

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think either are going to be anything more than a number 4/5, and I prefer Jensen's skating ability and offensive upside to Ouellet's safe, defensive game. I'd rather see Sproul protected over both, but we know that's not going to be the case. Watch them protect Kronwall, Green and DeKeyser...

I get what you're saying. I just feel that with Russo, Hronek, Saarijarvi, and Sambrook all being right handed and hopefully coming through the pipeline in the next 2-4 years, Sproul and Jensen might be surpassed or replaced. Then having a guy like XO paired with one of these guys would make a great third pair. That's a couple years down the line though. I still like Jensen. Hopefully we don't lose any of them but at this point I won't be that upset.

I'd much rather lose Sheahan than Ouellet. This expansion process is way too drawn out, if the lists are going to be made public tomorrow morning, Vegas should announce its team on Monday night. Waiting until the NHL awards is stupid, though I do understand the league wants to build up hype.

58 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

According to Elliotte Friedman, Ouellet is among the players on the Red Wings unprotected list. I hope this means Jensen or Sproul is protected...

I dont think Holland would do anything extremely stupid like not protecting AA or Mantha, but when it comes to D I just have a feeling he is protecting DD, Kronwall, Green. I think he is to loyal to leave Kronwall exposed which is a mistake because LV won't want him.

*edit* just read that you essentially said the same thing regarding Kronwall.

Edited by kliq

12 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

I get what you're saying. I just feel that with Russo, Hronek, Saarijarvi, and Sambrook all being right handed and hopefully coming through the pipeline in the next 2-4 years, Sproul and Jensen might be surpassed or replaced. Then having a guy like XO paired with one of these guys would make a great third pair. That's a couple years down the line though. I still like Jensen. Hopefully we don't lose any of them but at this point I won't be that upset.

I'm not very high on Russo either. I think he's a right handed version of Ouellet, if not slightly worse. I don't see him becoming anything more than a 5/6 guy. I'm hopeful of Hronek and Saarijarvi but who knows where they will be in their development in the next couple years (if they're even still in the organization).

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Not that it really matters, since we can only lose one. I think if Vegas would take one of Ouellet or Jensen, they'd take either, and we can't protect both (much less both plus Sproul). I doubt they would take Sproul ahead of either of them, but I kind of hope they protect him just in case. He probably won't ever be any good, but there's always a chance, so...

But it's probably Kronwall, and people will go irrationally crazy over it.

In my opinion, i think we have too many guys that play that soft, finesse style of hockey. If i had my way, we would make a deal with Vegas to take Howard, and then trade away everyone that was born in a country that starts with an S. Then I would draft Tippet and Hague. Of course, I know it wont happen, but I believe that Holland might be able to pull it off. If he doesnt then I definitely think he should be fired.

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

I could maybe see Vegas taking Kronwall, with the intention of flipping him at the trade deadline.

With his chronic knee problem I can't see that happening, but then again they need vets on short term deals so you can never say never.

6 hours ago, kliq said:

With his chronic knee problem I can't see that happening, but then again they need vets on short term deals so you can never say never.

I mean, I don't take Kronwall if I'm Vegas, and I don't trade for Kronwall at the trade deadline if I'm a contending team. But that's me. He might be a decent addition to a really deep team, and I could maybe see Vegas believing that they could sell a team on that idea. Then again, Kronwall would still have a year left on his deal after this season, and I'm not sure any contending team would want that on their books.

6 hours ago, sjr2012 said:

back to det for a 1st right ;)

No, that would be ridiculous. A 1st and Mantha makes more sense.

Edited by Dabura