• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Looking ahead at expansion draft

Rate this topic

Pros and cons of the 3 most likely Wings to be taken:

Mrazek: Young, had a fantastic start to his career.  Last year of his contract and may be movable for an extra mid round pick.  Coming off a 15 months long stretch of terrible play and there are rumors of attitude problems.

Sheahan: Typically a decent 3rd/4th liner, cheap contract.  Took him until his 80th game to score a goal last year.

XO: Young, potential top 4 D with developpment, solid 3rd pair guy now.  Cheap.  There are better options available on D.

HA HA HA!
I'd like to officially take this moment to say I told ya so, told ya so, told ya so. You Petr the great fan boys with your baby-Hasek circle jerks were WRONG. Howard was, is, and will forever be, the more superior goaltender. Thunderous booms of "JIH-ME HOW-ERD" will echo from the Pizza Palace for years to come.
I invite you all to take this moment to sing the praises of your netminder.
 2010+NHL+Awards+Portraits+PlqwXT4q26Jl.jpg

Jimmy Howard #35 is the future. Praise be.

Until he gets injured, or has another implosion or gets pushed out of the top job again. Jimmay was soooo great last year. 26 games played. What a rebound season! Good numbers mean s*** when your not dressed for 2/3 of the team's games. He's good when his heads on straight and healthy, but he's too much of a risk to go ahead with without a backup plan. Maybe Matej can be the next Mrazek and force him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Until he gets injured, or has another implosion or gets pushed out of the top job again. Jimmay was soooo great last year. 26 games played. What a rebound season! Good numbers mean s*** when your not dressed for 2/3 of the team's games. He's good when his heads on straight and healthy, but he's too much of a risk to go ahead with without a backup plan. Maybe Matej can be the next Mrazek and force him out.

55380771.jpg

18 minutes ago, Never_Retire_Steve said:

I'm not really sure what the hell Holland is thinking exposing Mrazek. Probably the dumbest thing he's ever done as a GM IMO

Attitude and work ethic man. Wings seem to have zero tolerance for bad ones in these departments. Malik did a nice writeup about it, even he thinks Petr has a poor attitude. He elaborates that coaching staff found it harder and harder to coach him as time went on. He has an attitude of "my sh** dont stink" even when hes sitting on a 3.00 GAA and .90% save rate. That attitude is probably what gave him the initial success to becoming the #1, but it hasnt done him any favors since. By all accounts his attitude and work ethic only got worse the worse the season got. At some point he has to realize WOW my poop DOES stink, maybe I should readjust/work harder. Hope he can do that on another team.

I still don't think that's really a reasonable explanation for leaving him exposed. I'm hoping that Holland tried to move him because now that it's rumored about his bad attitude, what kind of trade value does he have?

It's definitely not ideal to have over 10 million in salaries going to goaltenders.

28 minutes ago, Never_Retire_Steve said:

I still don't think that's really a reasonable explanation for leaving him exposed. I'm hoping that Holland tried to move him because now that it's rumored about his bad attitude, what kind of trade value does he have?

It's definitely not ideal to have over 10 million in salaries going to goaltenders.

If he tried to move him and couldnt, or has lost all trade value from the attitude reports, then he wont be selected. Vegas is selecting based on value, not so much need. They can fill holes in there FA window. If Mrazek has no value on the open market, he has no value to Vegas.

Attitude and work ethic man. Wings seem to have zero tolerance for bad ones in these departments. Malik did a nice writeup about it, even he thinks Petr has a poor attitude. He elaborates that coaching staff found it harder and harder to coach him as time went on. He has an attitude of "my sh** dont stink" even when hes sitting on a 3.00 GAA and .90% save rate. That attitude is probably what gave him the initial success to becoming the #1, but it hasnt done him any favors since. By all accounts his attitude and work ethic only got worse the worse the season got. At some point he has to realize WOW my poop DOES stink, maybe I should readjust/work harder. Hope he can do that on another team.

He's always had that attitude. NEVER looks rattled, even if he's getting lit up. It's a great quality I think. He does need to work a lot harder though. If he gets his game back to what it was, he'll be scary good. I hope he gets the chance to do it in Detroit. If not, hope he goes and wins a Cup elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

He's always had that attitude. NEVER looks rattled, even if he's getting lit up. It's a great quality I think. He does need to work a lot harder though. If he gets his game back to what it was, he'll be scary good. I hope he gets the chance to do it in Detroit. If not, hope he goes and wins a Cup elsewhere.

I reccomend the Malik piece. He talks about how its Mrazeks greatest strength, and greatest weakness. His swagger and confidence is why he rose so quickly through the ranks, and probably why he looked so at home in an NHL net from the get go. Unfotuantely, that cockines sounds like it's gone to his head. Malik describes him quite literally as a cocky @%# hole. The type of guy who lets in 4 goals but wont acknowledge it, just moves past it. And while its great to have a goalie who doesnt get rattled like that, you have to acknowledge your faults and work on them. Or else youll be moving past 3 and 4 goal games every night like this past season. The way it sounds, he not only doesn't acknowledge his own faults/mistakes, he cops an attitude and storms out when called out on them. Thats childlike behavior. I really hope he doesnt get selected and can humble himself here. The sad part is it sounds like he doesnt see Jimmy as a mentor at all, but as someone in his way. A smart person would have learned all they could from a guy like Jimmy before hes gone.

3 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

There's a difference between not getting rattled and blowing it off or suggesting it's the fault of your teammates.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Exactly. "Too whom much is given, much is expected" is written above our lockerroom. Holland has had the pleasure of some of the most humble superstars and hardest workers hockey has ever seen pass under that. Now he has a kid who allows 3 goals a game, who walks out on practices, doesnt listen to his coaches, and in general believes hes gods gift to hockey and doesnt need to train hard. Id do the same thing chevy did to Evander Kane in Winnipeg... have fun in Buffalo kid, we have higher standards here.

This 100% pure speculation, but I really doubt this is just an issue with managment and coaching. I played in college and this sort of thing gets realized and hated by teammates before anyone else has any clue whats going on. Highly doubt Zberg likes being told by Holland to reign this kid in.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I reccomend the Malik piece. He talks about how its Mrazeks greatest strength, and greatest weakness. His swagger and confidence is why he rose so quickly through the ranks, and probably why he looked so at home in an NHL net from the get go. Unfotuantely, that cockines sounds like it's gone to his head. Malik describes him quite literally as a cocky @%# hole. The type of guy who lets in 4 goals but wont acknowledge it, just moves past it. And while its great to have a goalie who doesnt get rattled like that, you have to acknowledge your faults and work on them. Or else youll be moving past 3 and 4 goal games every night like this past season. The way it sounds, he not only doesn't acknowledge his own faults/mistakes, he cops an attitude and storms out when called out on them. Thats childlike behavior. I really hope he doesnt get selected and can humble himself here. The sad part is it sounds like he doesnt see Jimmy as a mentor at all, but as someone in his way. A smart person would have learned all they could from a guy like Jimmy before hes gone.

Immature basically. Can't flip the switch on when to wear the chip and when to shut up and keep a straight face and listen. Ethier way watching him twitch in his mask is enough to make me blend paint in my mouth. Like watching Pelosi go into turbo mode on something she agreed on.

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The best part about your defense of Holland is that you are still in the early 2000's where you think every player WANTS to be in Detroit.  Who the $%&@ wants to play for a GM who isn't willing to pay top dollar, doesn't draft well, signs players past their primes, and keeps his young players in the minors forever?  Being in Detroit right now is a death sentence for Mrazek.  He's probably praying to God he gets drafted by Vegas.  I'd like to see what you would do, CRL, if your boss hired another guy to do 1/2 of your work and then surrounded you with a completely incompetent staff.  And by the way, you only get to work and get paid part time.  

No where did i say any of this. Are you hard of reading jonas? I cant write easier for you, just let me know boss

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You'd act like Winnepeg's GM?  Yah, that guy is doing really swell.  Winnepeg is just a Stanley Cup magnet.  5 did not qualifies and a 1st round exit in 2015.  Holland, Winnepeg's GM, and you can all get together, kick some tires, and tell each other how much you like your teams.  

Whoahoa dont write the burnbook all at once mary kate and ashley 

The best part about your defense of Holland is that you are still in the early 2000's where you think every player WANTS to be in Detroit.  Who the $%&@ wants to play for a GM who isn't willing to pay top dollar, doesn't draft well, signs players past their primes, and keeps his young players in the minors forever?  Being in Detroit right now is a death sentence for Mrazek.  He's probably praying to God he gets drafted by Vegas.  I'd like to see what you would do, CRL, if your boss hired another guy to do 1/2 of your work and then surrounded you with a completely incompetent staff.  And by the way, you only get to work and get paid part time.  

If Mrazek wanted to be the #1, maybe he shouldn't have played like a tire fire when he was given the job. How would you feel if you had a coworker who was a complete jackass, didn't work hard, blamed everyone else for his mistakes, and your boss promoted him? Mrazek has earned every bad thing that happened to him.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Exactly. "Too whom much is given, much is expected" is written above our lockerroom. Holland has had the pleasure of some of the most humble superstars and hardest workers hockey has ever seen pass under that. Now he has a kid who allows 3 goals a game, who walks out on practices, doesnt listen to his coaches, and in general believes hes gods gift to hockey and doesnt need to train hard. Id do the same thing chevy did to Evander Kane in Winnipeg... have fun in Buffalo kid, we have higher standards here.

This 100% pure speculation, but I really doubt this is just an issue with managment and coaching. I played in college and this sort of thing gets realized and hated by teammates before anyone else has any clue whats going on. Highly doubt Zberg likes being told by Holland to reign this kid in.

Sorry, but that hasn't been above the locker door for a few years unfortunately.

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Mailik????  I haven't listened to that ******* in years lol.

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/06/who_will_red_wings_lose_in_exp.html#incart_river_index

I'm hoping Chuck Gormley knows his s***. Has Vegas taking Ericsson... LOL

He should write a book.... 

"How to get wings fans to like your writing in one easy step." By Chuck Gormley :P