• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Looking ahead at expansion draft

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I reccomend the Malik piece. He talks about how its Mrazeks greatest strength, and greatest weakness. His swagger and confidence is why he rose so quickly through the ranks, and probably why he looked so at home in an NHL net from the get go. Unfotuantely, that cockines sounds like it's gone to his head. Malik describes him quite literally as a cocky @%# hole. The type of guy who lets in 4 goals but wont acknowledge it, just moves past it. And while its great to have a goalie who doesnt get rattled like that, you have to acknowledge your faults and work on them. Or else youll be moving past 3 and 4 goal games every night like this past season. The way it sounds, he not only doesn't acknowledge his own faults/mistakes, he cops an attitude and storms out when called out on them. Thats childlike behavior. I really hope he doesnt get selected and can humble himself here. The sad part is it sounds like he doesnt see Jimmy as a mentor at all, but as someone in his way. A smart person would have learned all they could from a guy like Jimmy before hes gone.

I'm inclined to believe this report simply because I see Mrazek making the same mistakes over and over again.  I was blaming the coaching for this, but if he is cocky and overconfident, I could see him ignoring the coaches.  I wonder if this was the locker room problem that derailed the 2015-2016 season.  We were almost in first in our division at the all star break and then collapsed horribly, even with a very favorable schedule down the stretch and backed into the playoffs.  Maybe the vets wanted the coaches to do something about him and didn't and that turned them off or maybe it divided the locker room in some other way.  This is all speculation on my part, but there was such a sharp decline in play for the Wings in the second half compared to the first half that I figured something had to be wrong in the locker room.

Maybe leaving him unprotected is a way to try and knock him down a peg and knowing that there's a high probability he won't get picked, its low risk.  Attitude aside, his numbers were not that great last year and the second half of the year before were not great either.  With Fleury out there, I don't see why they'd pick Mrazek.  

Edited by xtrememachine1

Sounds like Sens were unable to work out a deal to protect their players.

Dreger reporting that Islanders will send Vegas Grabovski and a 1st to protect their exposed forwards. Yikes! They're also in the running for Eberle.

St. James reporting that Holland is still trying to move a goalie, but no takers. Calgary and Dallas already filled their needs. If their really is no market for goalies, Mrazek may be safe.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sounds like Philly, Arizona, and Winnipeg are still in the market for goaltenders.

Rumored that Yzerman has a deal in place with Vegas to protect his "young D-men" whoever that is 

Mrazek, Nyquist, and a pick for Chychrun.

REDEEM YOURSELF KENNETH!

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/06/20/mcphee-were-going-to-be-a-good-team/

Despite those deals that may keep some good players from moving to Vegas, McPhee sounded happy with the list he’ll be able to submit tomorrow morning.

“We’ve done well at all the positions,” he said, per SinBin.vegas. “We have lots of defensemen, lots of centers, and a little more scoring than we anticipated.”

He added, “We’re going to have move some defensemen, because we’re going to claim a bunch.”

Defense plz.... :P 

Edited by amato

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Man my buddy in Buffalo said hed give up a 2nd just to have Vegas take Bogosian. Apparently the guy is turnover machine and they want his 5 mil off the books

So BUF gives them the second, and we agree to leave mrazek exposed of they trade him and dumba to us for the mrazek exposure and a couple picks/XO/prospect  while they retain half bogo's salary. 

a guy can dream, right? :P 

In reference to Renaud's tweet about, that is what I'm most interested in. Sounds like Vegas will be selecting some players specifically so they can be dealt. This is an opportunity for Holland to press McPhee for the players he wants. Perhaps parting ways with Nyquist or Tatar for a D-man?

Yep here comes all the Kenny smack, brilliant scenarios that help make the Wings a stronger team. Tons of options of what might be, tomorrow will be disappointment with the usual we tried but the cost was too high.

Yeah, seems like the cost is always too high. No deals unless they cost minimal minor league assets and are going to be completely in his favour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/06/who_will_red_wings_lose_in_exp.html#incart_river_index
I'm hoping Chuck Gormley knows his s***. Has Vegas taking Ericsson... LOL

That would kick ass on so many levels. I think I'd already consider the upcoming season a success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk