• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Looking ahead at expansion draft

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

McPhee is doing a phenomenal job with this whole expansion process. They're going to be a very good team in the next 3-5 years, certainly better than Detroit if Holland remains the GM beyond this season...

Wew! Everyones all spiced up today already, I love it!

He is doing a fantastic job. They're going to have a better team than I anticipated. I had another interesting thought as well... who now has more insider information on every team in the league, their desires for next year, who they like and don't like on their own team, who they want to obtain, and their game plan for the next 5 years? One man, George McPhee. If he continues to nimbly navigate for the next few years, he could find some nice hat-rabbits to pull on. 

24 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

McPhee is doing a phenomenal job with this whole expansion process. They're going to be a very good team in the next 3-5 years, certainly better than Detroit if Holland remains the GM beyond this season...

I doubt he's going anywhere, unless he wants to. Ownership seems to trust what he's doing and it seems like there's no way they'd ever fire him.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Not sure if anyone else has seen it, but there's a rumor floating around this morning that Philly will hand over the 2nd overall pick (likely Nolan Patrick) to Vegas in exchange for protections.

I don't believe it personally

That would sure allow Vegas to draft Tippett and Hague

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/06/expected-trades-knights.html

All this is stupid, so they'll get both Stoner and Theodore from Anaheim...it sure seems like this team will be the most competitive expansion team ever...TvR and Krueger from Chicago? No wonder Holland didn't have any deals, Vegas probably wanted AA to guarantee select Ericsson...its just too much that this team is getting. Plus all the draft picks? He'll they'll probably end up with 3 in the top 10...bulls***.

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

All this is stupid, so they'll get both Stoner and Theodore from Anaheim...it sure seems like this team will be the most competitive expansion team ever...TvR and Krueger from Chicago? No wonder Holland didn't have any deals, Vegas probably wanted AA to guarantee select Ericsson...its just too much that this team is getting. Plus all the draft picks? He'll they'll probably end up with 3 in the top 10...bulls***.

Yeah this is a little ridiculous. They shouldn't be able to pillage the league like that. Serve your five to ten years at the bottom first like every other expansion team.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Sounds like the Krueger TVR deal may be off

EDIT: Wonder if this has anything to do with Hossa retiring and his cap money now being available. If so, they revealed his mysterious ailment at a very convenient time. 

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

2 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

What TIME is the official announcement today?

Heard they're announcing the claims from teams in the reverse order of standings in four groups during the NHL awards (7-9pm tonight) so I'd guess that the wings announcement will be in the first group closer to 7:00pm