• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

2016 Playoffs % chances (part II)

Rate this topic

People wished we'd tank for a good pick and are devasted when we only have a 50 percent chance of making the playoffs

Big difference between tanking and actually trying to win and being 50%..I totally get the frustration, that said Ive never ever condoned tanking

Big difference between tanking and actually trying to win and being 50%..I totally get the frustration, that said Ive never ever condoned tanking

Yeah rather be average instead of getting guys like Ekblad, Nurse, McJesus or Eichel.

Just so people understand if the Wings make it they'll face Washington also known as the hottest team in the league. I don't know how getting destroyed in this series would help the confidence of the young guys. A guy like Juolevi, Chychrun would

Yeah rather be average instead of getting guys like Ekblad, Nurse, McJesus or Eichel.

Just so people understand if the Wings make it they'll face Washington also known as the hottest team in the league. I don't know how getting destroyed in this series would help the confidence of the young guys. A guy like Juolevi, Chychrun would

I'd rather not make the playoffs than have to deal with the frustrations of playing 4 games against Washington. At least we have a 1% chance at Matthews :)

The way our D has been playing, I honestly don't think we could win a playoff game against any of the teams currently in the picture.

Edited by WingsallTheway

With how hot Philly has been, the wings best chance at making it right now seems to be passing Boston for third imo. If Boston loses tonight and tomorrow in regulation (vs rangers and panthers, respectively) and we beat Montreal, we're only a point back with a game in hand..

It sucks ending the year rooting for other teams, but let's just hope Boston continues their losing streak.. I'd much rather face the panthers than the caps. Although the caps do like the choke in the playoffs....

I would rather win or lose games organically with integrity and draft guys like Larkin. If it's not good enough it will take its course and we'll suck naturally so I'd rather not rush it and feel good about it.

I feel its cheating to tank, losers tank, we just suck

They should change the way the draft is done. Draft should start with #17, then #18, #19, etc. That would be a balance between parity, opportunity for teams to get better, and prevent the tank. This way you reward teams who play hard ... right now, teams are obviously tanking to try to get better chance at 1st pick.

Wonder how Blashill will feel to be the one to break the streak.

We all knew with a rookie head coach and an aging core - during a rebuild - that this was a possibility.

Not necessarily. There's a decent chance if we make it, it's as the #3-seed in the Atlantic because Boston has fallen out. And if we make the first wild card slot we're playing Florida, who we can definitely beat.

Edited by Aethernum

The Boston outcome is the far more significant one tonight - they're in our division, and closer to us than the Islanders. If one has to go our way, I pick that one.

I just saw that Boston lost and was slightly lifted by that! Great news for us, they hopefully will show up tomorrow for puck drop...I just cant take another lackluster effort

With tonight's win and Boston lost but Phi win:

+8.1% today to 60.1%

Must cheer for Toronto on Saturday night when they play Boston.

For context:

Boston - 69.7%

Philadelphia - 75.5%

Pittsburgh/NY Islanders - Above 97%

So we're above a 50/50 shot, but we're still in last place. That said, we control our own destiny; the last three games of the season will decide our fate.

For context:

Boston - 69.7%

Philadelphia - 75.5%

So we're above a 50/50 shot, but we're still in last place. That said, we control our own destiny; the last three games of the season will decide our fate.

Islanders are over 97%? That makes no sense. Seems way too high, even with games in hand.

That percentage makes it look like I have a better chance of banging a model by the end of the year than the Isles do of missing the playoffs.

Islanders are over 97%? That makes no sense. Seems way too high, even with games in hand.

That percentage makes it look like I have a better chance of banging a model by the end of the year than the Isles do of missing the playoffs.

I suppose if you were actively trying to bang a model in some measurable way like the Isles are trying to get into the playoffs In a measurable way, you'd probably be right.

Edited by Mckinley25

For context:

Boston - 69.7%

Philadelphia - 75.5%

How can Boston's % be higher than ours by 9% pts? We have one game on them and if we get 2 pts, we leap frog them. We control our own destiny. I guess this prediction takes other factors into consideration? Strength of opponents in remaining games, etc?