• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

3/22 GDT : Detroit Red Wings at Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30PM ET

Rate this topic

Blashill's strategies are completely based on what worked previous years with Babcock. The guy is clueless. Rookies are only in the lineup because of hype and he's completely ran out of Babcock's old ideas. He's done a awful job top to bottom all year. Wings are pretty much bad at everything and they save their worst performances for the biggest games of the year. This team has awful coaching written all over it

i agree with this but which rookies do you think shouldnt be in the lineup? i think mantha and AA can be very helpful if he used them the right way. he should bring up some defense men

the ONLY somewhat good news from tonight is that Philadelphia didn't overtake us yet...but seeing the way we played tonight against a solid team missing 2 key players....wow.

Edited by kylee

the ONLY somewhat good news from tonight is that Philadelphia didn't overtake us yet...but seeing the way we played tonight against a solid team missing 2 key players....wow.

true. I hate more than anything a team that plays 'not to lose' - because that is usually what happens. Play to win, play like you WANT to make the playoffs, perhaps??

Thank God, Montreal is without Carey Price in goal. Not that it will necessarily help, if the Wings once again do not start the game until half way through the 2nd.. or worse.

i agree with this but which rookies do you think shouldnt be in the lineup? i think mantha and AA can be very helpful if he used them the right way. he should bring up some defense men

The rookies have been great but their only in the lineup because this team was free falling and Blashill has no idea what he's doing. They weren't exactly setting the AHL on fire. If the wings were a decent hockey team and playing with some kind of structure or identity they wouldn't be playing. It goes against their whole philosophy. I'm not seeing anything that Blashill has introduced to this team that has been anything but negative. He's awful by even first year coach standards

I have to assume that the coach understands the tendencies of the players, especially the ones he coached in GR, and thus some of the line combinations. But tonight's game highlights that some of the "current lines" are not working. What makes sense to me as a fan is :

​AA - Pavel - Mantha
​Abby - Z - Nyquist
​Tatar - Larkin - Sheahan
​Helm - Glendening - Richards

​Perhaps rotating Sheahan / Helm / Richards on that "3rd line" and working in Datsyuk to get him a few more shifts than he'd see with his linemates alone. I think these lines offer a good combination of speed, size, skill and each one should be able to score goals and play decent D.

​On D, what makes sense to me:

Dekeyser - Green
​Kronwall - Marchenko
​Quincey - Smith

I don't think the system of like-with-like is working, so these represent an attempt at more "balanced" pairings.

And something is seriously wrong with Ericsson (perhaps permanently) so I think that's addition by subtraction right there. If only they can find a way to get him off of the roster....buy out? expansion draft?...I can't imagine they could find a trade partner, but maybe they can find a D upgrade by moving Smith and one of Jurco or Teemu.

Looking forward to seeing when they can do against MTL!

As someone who was at that game and sat thru that unbelievable, lackluster, "we don't seem to give an eff about anything" hockey game - I'd have to say I'm glad I didn't spring for the expensive seats. That was easily the worst Wings game I've ever seen in person. Other than a faceoff, we couldn't see to win a single other battle. Passes to no one. Passes to the other team. It was truly awful.

Side note - the Amelie Arena is a nice place.

Am I the only one who thinks Blashill sounds eerily similar to Babs whenever he's interviewed?

Bring the lube...

oh ya....i thought this from the very beginning. his voice, what he says, how he says it.

close your eyes and listen and you wouldn't know the difference.

We don't know what bad is. Plenty of teams wish they could be like us.

If not for Mrazek in the first half of the year we would be at the bottom of the standings, I'm fairly certain. This isn't a good team.

If not for Mrazek in the first half of the year we would be at the bottom of the standings, I'm fairly certain. This isn't a good team.

Never said they were elite, but hindsight is 20/20. Easy to now say this team isn't good.

This team is good, they just don't play to there potential.

We are clearly where we are supposed to be counting with variance error. Most experts including the best stat guys in LGW had us hovering.

Take it for what it is and hope for some fun playoff games where Dats could surprise. If we make it as the 8th seed we are a dead man walking anyway as we would face the Capitals.